Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2010, 14:15   #421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
jus enquired with the guy in Ford Dealership in nandanam Chennai, March 1st they will have the demo cars and the likely price of petrol OTR is around 3.6-3.7 lakhs.
At this price it would be a threat to the rest of the pack
I ran into a sales guy from that Nandanam showroom the other day and he mentioned that they alone have taken over 300 bookings. And demo cars are available even right now if you have put down some money and have some contacts. It will have to be a late night TD though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NUT-case View Post
Guys be more sepcific please . If you are quoting prices, please mention for which model (diesel/petrol) and also if it is ex-showroom or OTR(on the road)!

3.6-3.7 OTR ! ? Is this a typo. You must mean Ex-showroom for sure. Man the prices people are quoting are all over the place from 4L ex-showroom for a base petrol to this 3.6 L OTR which means about 3.2-3.3 exshowroom!
3.6 OTR must definitely be a typo or wrong info!
Old 23rd February 2010, 14:16   #422
BHPian

Tomorrow 24 th is a preview at ford dealer in Goa for the FIGO.booking will also be accepted.
cheers
Old 23rd February 2010, 15:12   #423
Team-BHP Support

Autocar India (March 2010) tests have given Figo Petrol 8/10, and diesel 9/10.

IMO, it would all come down to pricing. Petrol is going to have a tough time going against the Swift 1.2 unless it gets the pricing right! (which gets a 9/10 in the same issue.)
Old 23rd February 2010, 16:01   #424
BHPian

Here is an article that will put the Price debate to "suspend"

Old 23rd February 2010, 16:29   #425
BHPian

Some Updates... !

Note from the Team-BHP Support : Please note that it is now imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here (Uploading photographs directly to Team-BHP) to view our simple help article on uploading pictures.

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd February 2010 at 18:27. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 23rd February 2010, 16:57   #426
BHPian

I think they're making too big a deal for the price. They should just reveal it - and if it's competitive, then hordes of people would book it anyway.

Don't know but people booking without an idea of the final OTR price.. seems silly to me.
Old 23rd February 2010, 17:29   #427
BHPian

Its keeping you on the edge and making you postpone your alternative purchase decisions right? Objective achieved.

Plus they now have the flexibility to change the price whenever they want until the D-Day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
I think they're making too big a deal for the price. They should just reveal it - and if it's competitive, then hordes of people would book it anyway.

Don't know but people booking without an idea of the final OTR price.. seems silly to me.
Old 23rd February 2010, 17:59   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Here is an article that will put the Price debate to "suspend"
How does this put a "suspend" on the price debate ? They have just delayed announcing the prices for whatever reason. I do not understand with what kind of thought process FORD have come and publicly advised people to book their cars without announcing the price !

I don't like this campaign by FORD.

They are trying to recruit everyone into selling for FORD ? Why and Why should you! without even knowing the price of the car.

Is there by any chance the possibility that FORD is trying to price the car depending on the number of initial bookings and the interest showed by the people. I feel they are again playing a gamble with the pricing and as GTO said if they get it wrong and price it high initially only to give massive discounts later , it will not auger well for the FIGO.
Old 23rd February 2010, 18:03   #429
BHPian

@Brix - Thanks for that info. Ford has a real game plan and looks like they want to storm the segment.

I think its fairly good move by Ford to hold on to the prices till actual launch. But this strategy will work great only if Ford is really sure that its going to be a killer pricing. Else imagine keeping everyone on their toes, hyping it up massively with regards to car and its competitive pricing, garnering a record number of bookings and launching it at even a slightly higher pricing would turn out to be negative.

Last edited by rajivn : 23rd February 2010 at 18:09.
Old 23rd February 2010, 18:04   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Guys be more sepcific please . If you are quoting prices, please mention for which model (diesel/petrol) and also if it is ex-showroom or OTR(on the road)!

3.6-3.7 OTR ! ? Is this a typo. You must mean Ex-showroom for sure. Man the prices people are quoting are all over the place from 4L ex-showroom for a base petrol to this 3.6 L OTR which means about 3.2-3.3 exshowroom!
Its definitely not a typo, but again until its official, can't say much.

VW polo prices were revealed today, i guess Ford will follow soon
Old 23rd February 2010, 18:11   #431
BHPian

They could also have been waiting for the Polo launch to get a feel of the pricing. May be they would cross check if their intended pricing is still OK vis-a-vis the Polo pricing.
Old 23rd February 2010, 18:25   #432
BHPian

Looking at the way this letter has been worded, i guess it may have been addressed to employees and associates. In that case, there is nothing wrong in asking them to evangelize / promote the Figo to one and all.

With regard to the price announcement, maybe they wanted to see VW's pricing of the Polo or wait until after the budget.

Quote:
How does this put a "suspend" on the price debate ? They have just delayed announcing the prices for whatever reason. I do not understand with what kind of thought process FORD have come and publicly advised people to book their cars without announcing the price !

They are trying to recruit everyone into selling for FORD ? Why and Why should you! without even knowing the price of the car.

Last edited by spindoc : 23rd February 2010 at 18:28.
Old 23rd February 2010, 18:34   #433
BHPian

Umm, I should have mentioned - the "campaign" was an internal mailer for Employees.

So to be fair to Ford, they are only informing the Employees.

First, This car is going to decide the future fortunes of the Company in India and they have spent a lot of time and money deciding a strategy. And they have only one shot at this. So they are taking their time, which is acceptable.

Second, the product has extremely good reviews and the Company is confident of a success. Even pricing it +/-10000 will translate into good/decent margins.

@-NUT-case - I mentioned a "suspend" because dealers and salesmen were giving their own predictions. So now its from the horse's mouth that the pricing will be revealed later. So its in limbo as of now. I sense your frustration, but its just a matter of 2 weeks from now. Patience.... !
Old 23rd February 2010, 19:16   #434

Hi Folks,
Finally got to see the Figo in flesh and blood - ok in steel and petrol!
This was the green one at Harpreet Ford in Gurgaon.
FIRST IMPRESSION
Yikes! It's a small car! Yes, I know it would be since I went through GTOs fantastic report etc but still from the snaps I thought it would be a 'big' small car. Maybe it is, but to me it looked smaller than it is. However the boot looks bigger than is seen in the snaps.

My wife was put off by the size too...she now feels we should buy the Chevrolet UVA.

The car as such is a lovely one and thanks to the TBHP reviews, I knew much more about the car than the salesman...he had no idea that the rear seat bench folded before the backrest!

Now...UVA or Figo?

Comments are highly solicited.

Regards

Jaideep.
Old 23rd February 2010, 19:19   #435
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Chill man. That was an internal communication to Ford Employees
I as an employee and owner of 2 ford cars am very excited about it's launch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks