Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2011, 11:07   #4201
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Remember the old Ikon and the one-sided reversing light? Similar situation here. There is a reflector and a space to put a bulb holder. Thats it.

For the rear fog lamp, if you want, you can:
1. Punch out the "blank" in the bottom most reflector to fit the bulb & holder of the rear fog lamp of the Fusion.
2. Wire it up to the switch & battery.

You can also repeat the same process and make the upper red blank reflector also as an additional rear tail lamp.

Personally, I really really do not like the blanks, will wire it up once I finish the 2nd service - in about a month's time!
With you on that exercise. Please share the pics once you do that to help others follow it up.

Thanks
Old 25th April 2011, 11:37   #4202
BHPian

I have a couple of queries:

1. Can the rear windows in the FIGO be changed to electric?
2. Can there be a single button to roll up all the windows at once and that to by pressing the button only once.

Currently the switch has to be pressed for the windows to roll up. Wonder why they did not have it in the first place?
Old 25th April 2011, 11:59   #4203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
I have a couple of queries:

1. Can the rear windows in the FIGO be changed to electric?
2. Can there be a single button to roll up all the windows at once and that to by pressing the button only once.

Currently the switch has to be pressed for the windows to roll up. Wonder why they did not have it in the first place?
1. I would not say its not possible. But there is not factory fitted or dealer fitter solution for this issue. Only way you can get this is get this fitted with your neighbourhood mechanic person. But this would mean he will have to tinker with the electricals of the car.
Which in turn will mean you will loose your warranty.
Long story short. Dont do it.. unless you dont care of the warranty.

2. I dont think that feature is available in any car even the top end cars dont have it. Come on dont tell me people are now getting tired of pressing four buttons.
Old 25th April 2011, 12:39   #4204
Team-BHP Support

Anyone know the location of the diesel fuel filter in the Figo? Is it in the engine bay or back near the fuel tank?
Old 25th April 2011, 12:56   #4205
BHPian

Has Ford come out with an OE body-kit for the Figo?
Outside SC Ford at Malad, there is always a White Figo parked which has the body-kit and it looks quite good.
It consists of bumper lips, side-skirts and two spoilers.
One spoiler is fitted in the regular position above the hatch and the other bigger one is fitted on the hatch i.e. just above the number plate ( similar to the optra-srv).
Has anyone on the forum fitted the kit?
How much does it cost?
I'll try to get pictures when I pass by the showroom next time.
Old 25th April 2011, 13:13   #4206
BHPian

Made a DIY USB cable and fitted it last week. The USB works without a hitch. Total cost Rs.75 . (Std shielded USB cable Rs.45, small clamps Rs.5, paid Rs.25 to get the clamps soldered to the cable).

My HU had a loose contact in the Aux in pin. Got it serviced under warranty and while taking delivery asked the SA not to push in HU fully , so that I could pull it out and fix the USB Cable
Old 25th April 2011, 13:31   #4207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju2512 View Post
Made a DIY USB cable and fitted it last week. The USB works without a hitch. Total cost Rs.75 . (Std shielded USB cable Rs.45, small clamps Rs.5, paid Rs.25 to get the clamps soldered to the cable).

My HU had a loose contact in the Aux in pin. Got it serviced under warranty and while taking delivery asked the SA not to push in HU fully , so that I could pull it out and fix the USB Cable
So you told the SA that you are fitting the USB cable on your own? What was his reaction?
I was planning to get the HU pulled out by the SA, but was not sure whether they would do it for this purpose
Old 25th April 2011, 14:29   #4208
BHPian

I just told him I had to fit the USB cable and he didn't ask any questions. Probably he could have thought that I have a Ford made cable.

Again don't worry about warranty since USB is plug and play and the HU manual gives the connection details.
Old 25th April 2011, 15:07   #4209
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Anyone know the location of the diesel fuel filter in the Figo? Is it in the engine bay or back near the fuel tank?
It is located on the right side of the engine bay.
Old 26th April 2011, 13:16   #4210
BHPian

Guys I found one interesting fact about Figo.
I had purchased a new Playstation-2 in Feb 2006 and with that I also bought a game called "Ford Street Racing". Played the game for some years and forgot about it.
Last week I found the game when I was searching for something and so I started playing it again.
When I was selecting which car to drive I was surprised to see a car which looked like the Figo!!
Its a 2005 Ford Fiesta ST which I'm talking about!
Here are some pics of the car which I'm talking about:
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-605st4.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-fordfiestavan20072008.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-ford_fiesta_st_front_20080110.jpg  

Old 26th April 2011, 13:21   #4211
Senior - BHPian

Figo is a reworked previous generation EU Fiesta, this was a known fact from launch.

A more interesting question here, however, is whether the Fiesta ST's engine/gearbox can be fitted into a Figo?
Old 26th April 2011, 14:47   #4212
BHPian

I came across this article in ACI - http://www.autocarindia.com/news/aut...-country-drive

How are these guys getting mileage of 30+ . Even under ideal conditions i.e. driving at optimal speeds constantly etc...30-35 seems bit of a stretch. Are these cars tuned differently? Here in the forum, members feel happy to get 20+ on nice highways even on a Figo (which presumably is lighter than the Fiesta). Articles like this are very misleading to the potential/existing owners of Figo/Fiesta...Unless ofcourse I am being really dumb and missing something here.
Old 26th April 2011, 14:57   #4213
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
I came across this article in ACI - Autocar-Fiesta Cross Country Drive | Autocar India

How are these guys getting mileage of 30+ . Even under ideal conditions i.e. driving at optimal speeds constantly etc...30-35 seems bit of a stretch. Are these cars tuned differently? Here in the forum, members feel happy to get 20+ on nice highways even on a Figo (which presumably is lighter than the Fiesta). Articles like this are very misleading to the potential/existing owners of Figo/Fiesta...Unless ofcourse I am being really dumb and missing something here.

@Rohing : It is definitely possible. I have tried it many times on the Noida-Greater Noida expressway. I drive the Fusion TDCi at a constant speed of 70 kmph and avoid any breaking at all for continuous 24 kms and then you do get a mileage of about 30 but I agree on NHs it is highly unlikely (though not impossible) with all the overtaking and braking that take place.

By the way the drivers driving these cars are highly experienced and patient as they drive these cars as if they have an egg placed below the throttle pedal. Press it too much and it cracks, Release it too much and the egg rolls underneath the driver's seat and still cracks.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 26th April 2011 at 15:03.
Old 26th April 2011, 15:11   #4214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
@Rohing : It is definitely possible. I have tried it many times on the Noida-Greater Noida expressway. I drive the Fusion TDCi at a constant speed of 70 kmph and avoid any breaking at all for continuous 24 kms and then you do get a mileage of about 30 but I agree on NHs it is highly unlikely (though not impossible) with all the overtaking and braking that take place.

By the way the drivers driving these cars are highly experienced and patient as they drive these cars as if they have an egg placed below the throttle pedal. Press it too much and it cracks, Release it too much and the egg rolls underneath the driver's seat and still cracks.
Thats a nice explanation
Just curious to know how you measure the FE for a 24km stretch?
Old 26th April 2011, 15:18   #4215
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
Thats a nice explanation
Just curious to know how you measure the FE for a 24km stretch?
Started off with my DTE at 10 and put in 2 L of fuel and came back the same way. Total distance traveled was (24+6)X2 = 60 kms and when i reached home, my DTE was at 13.

Its not a very accurate method but it still works.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks