KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2011, 22:40   #4187
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
This picture should help.
The two blanks are marked by arrows.
Got it. However would it still function as a fog lamp? I mean i am not able to relate to this
Old 21st April 2011, 11:06   #4188
BHPian

No it will not. Not unless you get it custom fit by some outside agency. I suspect that ford uses this common assembly to cut production complexity/cost. They might be wiring & fitting rear fogs in cars being exported. For us poor Indians, we have to live with the front fogs for now.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that Ford actually uses these extra features in the 1.6 that is set to come out. If they do, then we can probably get it fitted with the help of a friendly SA. The things that are on the list are -

- Tiltable Steering
- Rear Fogs/parking
- Rear power windows

The front fogs are sorely missed on my Figo. But I remain adamant that I will not pay the cost of the old accessory (~4000rs + labour) for my new car which already has the new switch/wiring pre-fitted. Rajshree Ford insists that they only have the old ones supplied to them by Ford and to the most part have not heard about the new ones (~2900rs)....Now that I have moved to Bangalore, I hope to find a more reasonable & mature dealer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Got it. However would it still function as a fog lamp? I mean i am not able to relate to this
Old 21st April 2011, 11:14   #4189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Remember the old Ikon and the one-sided reversing light? Similar situation here. There is a reflector and a space to put a bulb holder. Thats it.

For the rear fog lamp, if you want, you can:
1. Punch out the "blank" in the bottom most reflector to fit the bulb & holder of the rear fog lamp of the Fusion.
2. Wire it up to the switch & battery.

You can also repeat the same process and make the upper red blank reflector also as an additional rear tail lamp.

Personally, I really really do not like the blanks, will wire it up once I finish the 2nd service - in about a month's time!
Old 21st April 2011, 13:20   #4190
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
Hey RGK,

What was the issue with the 3rd stage fuel injector and AC condenser? Why were they replaced?
Please visit my ownership thread for all details. To brief
1. Engine noise came inside after windshield change. SC could not diagnose the correct problem and found some incorrect pressure on the 3rd stage (cylinder) injector and got it replaced.
2. A/C failed suddenly exactly after 10K service. SC found there is a leak in the AC condenser on the top.The Technician identified that due to faulty design of the condenser and hence the leak.
Both replaced under warranty. Eventhough I cannot give full marks to Ford Service (some incidents were pathetic) , but the SA and the technician at the particular branch of MPL ford chennai were very good and did the job well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
5k for a key? That is a bit steep? Do all car manufacturers charge this much. Seems to go against the whole mantra of cheap spares and VFM.
Yes Rohing - definitely costly. But Polo's remote keys cost 12k

@riteshpawar -- Eventhough your observations are valid, Figo is a VFM car and worth the cost you pay. You don't get the best of all features/quality, but it is a collaborative worthy unit and has performed well so far. If you come out of the minor glitches, definitely you will start enjoying it.
Old 22nd April 2011, 12:32   #4191
Senior - BHPian

Hilll driving:
Just want to mention that I drove the Figo to Ooty last weekend, fully loaded with five adults and one kid. The car did great on the hill roads, climbed every incline effortlessly.

Ground clearance:
The only issue I faced was with the HUGE speed breakers at some of the toll plazas. The car hit / scraped every single one of them. I don't remember scraping the Xeta on any speed breaker in my last year's trip to Ooty.

Sorry that I'm not writing a travelogue this time. We didn't click any photos, and I know travelogues without photos are boring. It was a very sudden plan, my friend called and he said "lets go to Yercaud", within half an hour me & my wife were at his home with bags packed. We picked up him, his wife, kid and his sister, and as soon as everyone got in I said, "Yercaud or Ooty or Kodai?" and the answer was "Ooty!". Very spontaneous trip, totally unplanned, complete enjoyment, 2 days away from the scorching Chennai heat.
Old 22nd April 2011, 22:11   #4192
BHPian

Hi, did anyone of you manage to solve the Problem with the audio switching on automatically after finishing a phone call using the BT. It can get quite annoying esp if you take a lot of calls.

Also, is there easy way to make the car beep when we lock/unlock. Is there a burgler alarm i.e will the alarm go off if someone tampers with the locks.
Old 22nd April 2011, 23:11   #4193
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, did anyone of you manage to solve the Problem with the audio switching on automatically after finishing a phone call using the BT. It can get quite annoying esp if you take a lot of calls.

Also, is there easy way to make the car beep when we lock/unlock. Is there a burgler alarm i.e will the alarm go off if someone tampers with the locks.
well the audio bit is bothering, yet to figure out how to fix it. There is no beep facility and i am told there is no security system designed for the figo yet

The beeps actually help when arming/disarming.
Old 23rd April 2011, 11:34   #4194
BHPian

Replaced brake pads under warranty and now hoping to get away with the grinding noise while applying brakes at slow speed. Fingers crossed!
Old 23rd April 2011, 15:19   #4195
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi..
I was driving down from Cochin to goa recently. It was around mid day 1330hrs and my A/C effectiveness started falling drastically. Tried changing the temp knob to coolest and increased the fan speed to max (position 4), but to no avail. Generally, i drive with the blower at 2 and temp knob at the midway sector of the blue arc.I sometimes move the knob to the coolest end on the hottest of days. This time though, nothing seemed to help and gradually is started even sweating inside the cabin. The blower seemed to have gone out of steam and the increase in blower speed did not seem to increase the airflow at all
Eventually, i had to roll down the windows and had to drive with the dust and grime crystallizing the sweat beads in the transit through Mangalore.

After 90 minutes i switched on the A/C and then it started working all fine and smooth as though it was yearning for a power nap break. Has any of the fellowe BHPians encountered similar problems or was it only me?

If it merits any mention or consideration:
1)The drive was non stop, starting from cochin at 0600h
2)the car was not fully loaded. Occupants- 02
3)The vehicle had done quite some long drives in the recent past in the last 30-45days. 1- Goa-to- Cochin- Goa. 2- Goa- Hyderabad - Cochin
4) i Had not entered the car to any machinery servicing station after the drives.
5)The car is approaching 20k servicing with the odo reading 18700 within 8 months of purchasing

SUggestions and remedies please
Old 23rd April 2011, 21:02   #4196
RGK
Senior - BHPian

@dhanushmenon - I had the same symptom before my AC problem. I was coming to chennai after my 10K service done two days before at coimbatore. The A/C was not as effective and came down. I switched off and started after one hour. It worked well till reaching chennai.

The AC performance was no so good after that. One day it was very poor and was forced to go to the SC the next day. It was found that the AC condenser had some leaks at the left top and was replaced free under warranty.
The grill temperature(close the AC vent inside the cabin) was 25'C against the default value of around 5'C at fan speed 1 position and max position of thermostat when tested by the Technician.

I feel the 5 points mentioned are not the reasons for AC malfunctioning. The AC's are tested at 49 degrees continuously for hours.

Please check these following.
1. Whether fan runs when AC is switched on
2. Grill temperature if you have any temperature gauge
3. Any visible dents/cuts in the condenser due to hitting of stones because of bad quality roads.

I saw one black figo yesterday the vehicle no ended as 5565. The front bumper was altered infact the gaps were replaced with good quality wire gauze like thing.

@Rajushan -- Happy to hear about your latest Ooty trip and nice to hear the good climbing power of Figo. I think you can add this in your Munnar (correct if I am wrong) travelogue.

Last edited by RGK : 23rd April 2011 at 21:20.
RGK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2011, 07:26   #4197
BHPian

I have a question on central locking. How can i open all 4 doors from inside without using the key or switching off the car? When I pull out the driver side latch it only opens the driver door....?

Last edited by rohing : 24th April 2011 at 07:28.
Old 24th April 2011, 09:04   #4198
BHPian

Quote:
I have a question on central locking. How can i open all 4 doors from inside without using the key or switching off the car? When I pull out the driver side latch it only opens the driver door....?
When you unlock ur car from outside with remote, does all doors unlock in one go or just the driver's door?

If it's just the driver's door that unlocks, then only only the driver side door will open when u try unlocking it from inside using the latch and all the other doors will remain locked.
Old 24th April 2011, 10:57   #4199
BHPian

Quote:
If you open the door from inside all 4 doors unlock. How is it that in your car only the driver door opens? It could be some settings issue...
Old 24th April 2011, 20:07   #4200
BHPian

Got it! Thanks. I recently changed the setting from all 4 doors opening to one door. Did not realize it had implications on the inside. Wish there was switch to do the same. But thanks for solving my mystery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel lover View Post
When you unlock ur car from outside with remote, does all doors unlock in one go or just the driver's door?

If it's just the driver's door that unlocks, then only only the driver side door will open when u try unlocking it from inside using the latch and all the other doors will remain locked.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks