Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2011, 08:14   #4141
BANNED

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by riteshpawar View Post
[b]

I got a question -- the owner's manual for the Ford Figo TDCI says that we must take the car REVs to 3500 atleast once a week. Any idea why that should be ?
This is to clean your exhaust of any soot and also to give the turbo a nice warm up.
Old 13th April 2011, 12:04   #4142
BHPian

Dumb question - do we have to do this even in the run in period (2500kms) when we are not supposed to cross 2.5 rpm?

Btw, I travelled from coimbatore to bangalore and 2.5 rpm exactly corresponds to 100kms/hr on flat roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
This is to clean your exhaust of any soot and also to give the turbo a nice warm up.
Old 13th April 2011, 12:06   #4143
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
Dumb question - do we have to do this even in the run in period (2500kms) when we are not supposed to cross 2.5 rpm?

Btw, I travelled from coimbatore to bangalore and 2.5 rpm exactly corresponds to 100kms/hr on flat roads.
Yes you can do it in the run-in also.

btw it does not have to be fifth gear and 3500 rpm and it can also be 3rd gear and 3500 rpm which will correspond to a lower speed.
Old 13th April 2011, 12:07   #4144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achilles101 View Post
Never thought this would be my first post in Team-BHP. I was actually in the process of composing an initial ownership report as my first post but then this happened.

I bought a Ford Figo Petrol in the last week of March and was happily zipping around in it. But yesterday, a Sumo hit my car on the Right front Fender.

There are a lot of scratches around the area. Have uploaded the pics as well below.
I am going to take it to either Lathangi or Cauvery Ford in Bangalore - I bought it from Cauvery but its too far from my office. The Service guys said they need to see the damage before thay can assess the total cost and if any interior parts also have any issues.

What I urgently need some info on is whether i can claim insurance for the damages(if they are major after the Service Person does his check) as i have not yet received the RC Book? The RC Book is supposed to arrive by post and it hasn't yet. I have also got the Cover Note of the insurance from Royal Sundaram.

Attachment 530230

Attachment 530231

Attachment 530232
Really sad to see the scratches on the new car.
Since there seems to be no obvious dents on the bumper, repainting should be enough. I was told by my SA that they repaint half the bumper also, which costs around 1200. You could probably get that done.
Old 13th April 2011, 15:29   #4145
Senior - BHPian

Today morning while driving to office, air bags warning lamp went on by itself. It however turned off when I switched off and restarted. Hoping that my ECU is not windows based, wondering if I should be worried about the behaviour. This is the only time yet this happened!
Old 13th April 2011, 16:57   #4146
Senior - BHPian

Took short Figo test drive with my friend. He is planning to buy Exi variant by next month. Happy to see TBHP (car of the year) printed in their new brochure
Old 13th April 2011, 17:02   #4147
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Took short Figo test drive with my friend. He is planning to buy Exi variant by next month. Happy to see TBHP (car of the year) printed in their new brochure
Again i have to convince you to convince him to buy the Zxi if he is going for the Figo, ZXi with ABS is a real life saver and is also better VFM.
Old 13th April 2011, 21:50   #4148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Again i have to convince you to convince him to buy the Zxi if he is going for the Figo, ZXi with ABS is a real life saver and is also better VFM.
ABS and Airbags were available only in Titanium and not in Zxi when I bought my Figo a year back, and Zxi was the least VFM model of the lot then in my opinion (I didn't think it was worth paying that much extra over the Exi just for a Bluetooth enabled Audio system) . Have the specs changed now ?

I chose Titanium when I bought my Figo last year just for the ABS. I'd have happily opted for the Zxi if it had this feature.
Old 13th April 2011, 21:56   #4149
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
ABS and Airbags were available only in Titanium and not in Zxi when I bought my Figo a year back, and Zxi was the least VFM model of the lot then in my opinion (I didn't think it was worth paying that much extra over the Exi just for a Bluetooth enabled Audio system) . Have the specs changed now ?

I chose Titanium when I bought my Figo last year just for the ABS. I'd have happily opted for the Zxi if it had this feature.
Ooops sorry i confused it with the Fiesta ZXi which did have ABS. Sorry for that but ZXi still seems better for rainy areas where you do get rear wash wipe also.
Old 14th April 2011, 15:47   #4150
BHPian

Figo prices raised by 1 %

Courtesy - Business Line : Companies News : Ford India hikes prices of Figo
Old 14th April 2011, 16:07   #4151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes you can do it in the run-in also.

btw it does not have to be fifth gear and 3500 rpm and it can also be 3rd gear and 3500 rpm which will correspond to a lower speed.
Well it need not be in any gear also. You can do it while it is stationary also. Btw, the manual says the run in period is 1500 kms and not 2500 kms as mentioned by rohing.

Last edited by shipnil : 14th April 2011 at 16:08.
Old 14th April 2011, 18:12   #4152
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Well it need not be in any gear also. You can do it while it is stationary also. Btw, the manual says the run in period is 1500 kms and not 2500 kms as mentioned by rohing.
No, the car is supposed to be in motion as far as i recall.
Old 14th April 2011, 21:25   #4153
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Lot of updates have happened in this thread in a span of 10 days. Worldcup, Elections and other (useless ?!!) routines refrained me from logging in.

@achilles101 - very sorry to hear. The best advice was given by fellow car owners. You can clean it with some good liquids like Amway car shine etc... That will remove all the dust and have only the red color and may not be clearly visible. There are special cleaners from 3M and other good brands to remove scratches (not 100%) to a certain extent.

The general FE is between 17 to 20 in 3 digit speeds with A/C on. Once I have got 25.7km/l when I did constant 80km in NH 45 for a distance of 89km. That was the best mileage I have achieved. Need to drive at 90 and calculate the FE on highways.

Touchwood - No squeaks so far, but I get a "dup" sound at the rear right wheel when it hits small potholes. Had 3 continuous punctures in the left tires - driven only inside City.

A/C performance tops again in Figo. One of the best part is its vent design.

These are the replacements done in my car so far under warranty.

1. Tail lamp - right side
2. 3rd Stage - Fuel injector
3. AC condenser

My boot is not closing in one shot. Need to force and close it. When taken to SC, the SA's reply is " no problem sir, it is normal only". I feel the lock has lost its spring tension.

As rightly said, Ford has to teach its Service Centres more on this new product to avoid Trial and Error methods.

Last edited by RGK : 14th April 2011 at 21:28.
Old 15th April 2011, 00:34   #4154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
These are the replacements done in my car so far under warranty.

1. Tail lamp - right side
2. 3rd Stage - Fuel injector
3. AC condenser
Hey RGK,

What was the issue with the 3rd stage fuel injector and AC condenser? Why were they replaced?
Old 15th April 2011, 10:30   #4155
BHPian

My remote key is not as responsive as I like it to be...It usually takes 2-3 attempts with some amount of pointing for the car to lock/unlock. It rarely happens in the first attempt. Is this normal? The remote locking systems I have used so far in other cars have exceptionally sensitive whereas this one seems the other way round.

Is this normal for a Figo?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks