Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2011, 17:38   #4081
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Guys, i had read in some ownership about the Figo D switching off sometimes when the clutch is pressed while the vehicle is moving. This has been happening on my colleagues Figo. It happens only in 3rd gear. There is no pattern to it, but sometimes in 3rd when the clutch is engaged to change gears, the engine switches off and all the dashboard lights come on. It cranks properly and the vehicle starts and continues normally.

Anybody else having this problem and any solution?
Old 1st April 2011, 22:37   #4082
BHPian

Hi Mustang -

Would you be able to tell us if the Indian Figo Steering setup is the same as the Figo being exported to S.Africa/ the Fiesta setup? The reason I ask is because the latter two cars have tiltable steering whereas the India Figo does not. I cannot imagine that the Ford manufacture the assembly separately for Indian Figo's...

If it is indeed the same and missing just the lever, I would love to find out a way to adjust my steering a little bit. I am having a hard time finding a comfortable driving position.

Thanks you, Sir!
Old 1st April 2011, 22:46   #4083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
It's most probably the brake caliper shuddering noise. Few Figos have reported the issue here including mine. The A.S.S. folks would already know about it. Get the caliper adjusted/tightened. Not a major work/issue. I am assuming more than slow speed you experience it on bad roads.
jayded thanks i am talking it this sat will check it up
Old 2nd April 2011, 10:33   #4084
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
Hi Mustang -

Would you be able to tell us if the Indian Figo Steering setup is the same as the Figo being exported to S.Africa/ the Fiesta setup? The reason I ask is because the latter two cars have tiltable steering whereas the India Figo does not. I cannot imagine that the Ford manufacture the assembly separately for Indian Figo's...

If it is indeed the same and missing just the lever, I would love to find out a way to adjust my steering a little bit. I am having a hard time finding a comfortable driving position.

Thanks you, Sir!

It is the same except for some extra stuff that makes it tiltable, however you will not be able to get your steering done up that way as those parts will not be available with the indian dealers. However, If the figo 1.6 does come with this feature then you can pay some extra money and get the steering done up.
Old 2nd April 2011, 10:57   #4085
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
It is the same except for some extra stuff that makes it tiltable, however you will not be able to get your steering done up that way as those parts will not be available with the indian dealers. However, If the figo 1.6 does come with this feature then you can pay some extra money and get the steering done up.
What about rear power windows?

Are they available on export models? Any chances we might get them in Figo 1.6? IMHO, thats the only one feature that will keep me off the buyers list in case a hot version of the Figo gets launced!
Old 2nd April 2011, 13:01   #4086
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Yup exact same spot from the front door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Me too have the rattling sounds from exact spot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Even I have the same issue from the roof panel, right above the drivers head.
My A.S.S put in some sponge like stuff under the roof lining. But the sound didnt stop. I put in some more soft packing material under the lining at the spot till you have nice tight taut fit. That rattle has fallen silent since then. Some photos to illustrate.

I assume this is the spot
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-p1040271.jpg

Prise open the lining and put in any soft stuff
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-2703201112581.jpg

This is what I put
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-2703201112611.jpg

I hope it doesnt void my warranty
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
Hey guys
I have started observing that at low speeds i hear a Clunk noise its similar to having a ball in a metal container. I am assuming its from the front Suspensions, will be taking it to service center tomorrow. Anyone else with similar noise, its distinctive noise as though something has come loose and hits a metal body.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
It's most probably the brake caliper shuddering noise. Few Figos have reported the issue here including mine. The A.S.S. folks would already know about it. Get the caliper adjusted/tightened. Not a major work/issue. I am assuming more than slow speed you experience it on bad roads.
I too have the same sound from the begining. The A.S.S have not been able to solve it despite showing it to them three times. I got three different diagnoses as well. I have written to Ford customer care about it.

Last edited by Deep Blue : 2nd April 2011 at 13:06.
Old 5th April 2011, 13:40   #4087
BHPian

The 100 bhp Figo is coming soon. It will use the 1.6 ltr Fiesta petrol engine. Expected mileage is 13 kmpl. Ex showroom price may be around 5.5 lkhs. This is direct VFM competition for Punto/Polo/Fabia.
Old 5th April 2011, 13:48   #4088
BANNED

April 7 : Chennai : Fiesta Classic Launch

April 14 : Delhi : New Fiesta or the Figo 1.6 Launch. Huge press conference is scheduled at Delhi.
Old 5th April 2011, 13:58   #4089
Senior - BHPian

Mustang: I am facing severe issues with squeaks. Lat month a guy (Mr. Selva)from Chennai's factory Quality(NVH) department checked the car and provided diagnosis.

The problems are :

1) Squeaking noise from rear parcel trims.

2) Headliner issues.

However, the problems returned now. I have gone to the dealership umpteen number of times but of no use as they do not know what the exact solution is. And now after Ford engineers diagnosis failed I am really bothered about what is to be done. The car otherwise is pretty much fine and no major issues. This one niggle is literally hanging as a sore thumb. Kindly see if you can do something about this. I can forward you all my conversations with write2md mail ID if you like!
Old 5th April 2011, 14:01   #4090
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Mustang: I am facing severe issues with squeaks. Lat month a guy (Mr. Selva)from Chennai's factory Quality(NVH) department checked the car and provided diagnosis.

The problems are :

1) Squeaking noise from rear parcel trims.

2) Headliner issues.
If you're under warranty then get the headliner and the parcel tray changed.
Old 5th April 2011, 14:47   #4091
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonMartin View Post
The 100 bhp Figo is coming soon. It will use the 1.6 ltr Fiesta petrol engine. Expected mileage is 13 kmpl. Ex showroom price may be around 5.5 lkhs. This is direct VFM competition for Punto/Polo/Fabia.
I welcome this move

However I'd be surprised if the Figo 1.2L Petrol gives 13 kmpl, 1.6L?
Old 5th April 2011, 18:20   #4092
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
I welcome this move

However I'd be surprised if the Figo 1.2L Petrol gives 13 kmpl, 1.6L?
My fiesta 1.6 L gives me 12 kmpl in the city with AC on. I am sure the Figo 1.6 will manage at least 13 as it has reduced weight.
Old 5th April 2011, 19:15   #4093
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My fiesta 1.6 L gives me 12 kmpl in the city with AC on. I am sure the Figo 1.6 will manage at least 13 as it has reduced weight.
12 kmpl means a dte figure of 500+ for a full tank hhhm wonder how you are able to extract that kind of mileage in city. My 1.6 dte hovers around 380 most of the time and once in a blue moon around 450 with city plus highway.
Old 5th April 2011, 19:21   #4094
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
12 kmpl means a dte figure of 500+ for a full tank hhhm wonder how you are able to extract that kind of mileage in city. My 1.6 dte hovers around 380 most of the time and once in a blue moon around 450 with city plus highway.
Although i do not see the DTE that much on my fiesta 1.6, as i believe DTE to be more accurate in diesel cars. But i never get less than 9 kmpl on my fiesta in the city, no matter how i drive. Maybe its the Delhi roads and excess traffic in Chennai.
Old 6th April 2011, 17:12   #4095
BHPian

Thanks. I hope I can do it when the 1.6 is available.

Quote:
Do Titanium owners have problems with the horn being hard to press? Does it get better over time? Or is there a work around to it? Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks