Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2011, 11:42   #4051
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Have the Fiesta tdci and Figo tdci both.

Our Fiesta is more refined and seems to have better ride quality than the Figo. It feels slightly more roomier(maybe a feeling) with 3 people at the back. I prefer the Figo front seats but everybody else prefer the Fiesta's seats.

The figo sounds markedly rougher especially at low speeds in the morning. The jerkiness is marked in Figo around 1400-1500 rpm. This is not there in the Fiesta even though it is older. The AC kicking in effect is not there in the Fiesta but is again marked in the Figo. The suspension noise and general sound dampening is better. The gear shifts are again better in the Fiesta. The Fiesta somehow doesn't get as hot as the figo if parked out in the sun. Not sure about the reason maybe lesser glass area. The figo's sun papers should be better since we got it done it recently but the car becomes really warm if left out in the sun. Good that the AC is powerful. One more thing is Fiesta seems to have marginally better FE after using the cars on the same route over 2 consecutive weeks. I actually am slightly dissapointed on the Figo because of the above reasons but then i console myself saying that the Figo has a lower price tag.

The advantage of the Figo is that because of it's very short length it is quite easy to maneouver especially when you have to reverse out etc.Somehow the figo feels sportier also.

Last edited by vishnurp99 : 30th March 2011 at 11:46.
Old 30th March 2011, 11:55   #4052
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
In a climate control system

1. Fan speed reduces as the car nears the set temperature
2. This is followed by the automatic switching off of the recirculating air option as the temperature has approached the set value
3. Finally it is followed by switching off of the compressor

And when it begins to get hotter then the system does everything vice versa and also in the reverse order.
In cars i drive(or have driven) ACC does not switch off the compressor on it's own no matter what? I know this because i keep the AC button on 24X7X365 on all the cars i drive. Yes the temperature is regulated by mixing hot and cold air. The fan speed, Direction and outside Air are decided by ACC when in Full Auto mode.

Last edited by .anshuman : 30th March 2011 at 11:56.
Old 30th March 2011, 12:47   #4053
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
In cars i drive(or have driven) ACC does not switch off the compressor on it's own no matter what? I know this because i keep the AC button on 24X7X365 on all the cars i drive. Yes the temperature is regulated by mixing hot and cold air. The fan speed, Direction and outside Air are decided by ACC when in Full Auto mode.

When the desired temperature has been reached and is held stable for quite time then :
In full auto mode, You can see that even if the AC switch is glowing, still on the screen if you see, you can notice that the AC display is not ON. Compressor does switch off for a while in the Auto climate control systems.

Anyways i guess we are going off topic by discussing ACC systems as these type of systems are not there in the Figo AC, Lets just talk about the plain old school ACs for now.
Old 30th March 2011, 13:30   #4054
BHPian

The Ford Figo manual clearly states that it has MANUAL climate control. I guess that end the compressor switching off discussion . The human in the car has to be temperature sensor and switch of the AC when desired.

So coming back full circle, I will take back my comment on 'coolness' setting being a factor in determining mileage. I guess it does not make a difference. However, if one were to manually switch off the A/C button when not required, it would affect mileage positively.

OT: In more advanced cooling systems with sensors et al., the AC mode i.e. recirculation Vs. outside air will also make a difference to the mileage with the recirculation mode being more fuel efficient.

Quote:
Anyways i guess we are going off topic by discussing ACC systems as these type of systems are not there in the Figo AC, Lets just talk about the plain old school ACs for now.
Old 30th March 2011, 18:50   #4055
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone visit the service camp in Pune? What all accessories carry the 15% discount?
Old 31st March 2011, 10:27   #4056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Did anyone visit the service camp in Pune? What all accessories carry the 15% discount?
The discount is available on limited items. Alloys, fog lamps, reverse sensors, side door bars, spoilers...
Old 31st March 2011, 13:51   #4057
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
Does the right side front door rattle come from the upper right corner just above our head? I too had that.

The front tyre well rattling has been there from the begining. It comes on slightly rough or uneven roads. During the first service, they said it is from dashboard. Then at a service camp, they said it is from caliper pin. Subsequently during second service they said it is play in the brake pads. But nothing worked till now. I detailed regarding this in my ownership thread. I think Jayded also had a similar sound.

Yup exact same spot from the front door.

Thankfully no rattling sounds from the front tyre.
They still haven't fixed this ?

Check the plastic around the tyre, on the outside not sure what this is called. Maybe this is a bit lose?

Anyone got the new mudflaps for the figo? Both the front mudflaps in my car are totally cracked and bits keep breaking away everytime the car goes over a speed breaker.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 31st March 2011 at 13:52.
Old 31st March 2011, 13:56   #4058
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Yup exact same spot from the front door.

Me too have the rattling sounds from exact spot. Hopefully they resolve it when I am going to SC for fixing fogs.
Old 31st March 2011, 14:02   #4059
BANNED

Folks.... I got a a Titanium TDCI which is just 13 days old (delivered on 18/03/11), done 700 kms and the discs have traces of rust on them....for a new vehicle this seems a bit odd....!!

Mustang Sir... is your office located in gurgaon sec 39 Cyber park.?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 1st April 2011 at 04:01. Reason: Please read the note in your post, thanks
Old 31st March 2011, 14:17   #4060
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinthru' View Post
Folks.... I got a a Titanium TDCI which is just 13 days old (delivered on 18/03/11), done 700 kms and the discs have traces of rust on them....for a new vehicle this seems a bit odd....!!
Most of the dealers park new cars in the open and hence weather and other agents cause a mild layer of rust on steel brakes, No need to worry though, With regular use, The rusting will disappear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinthru' View Post
Mustang Sir... is your office located in gurgaon sec 39 Cyber park.?
Yes, Unitech cyber park. Although i travel a lot and don't spend much time there, but that is my permanent workplace as of now.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 31st March 2011 at 14:40.
Old 31st March 2011, 14:29   #4061
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Me too have the rattling sounds from exact spot. Hopefully they resolve it when I am going to SC for fixing fogs.
How much are the fog lamps? You still getting the 15% discount?

Quote:
Most of the dealers park new cars in the open and hence weather and other agents cause a mild layer of rust on steel brakes, No need to worry though, With regular use, The rusting will disappear.

Yes, Unitech cyber park.

Mustang, Any word on the new mudflaps? Dealer says new ones not yet in stock but today I saw a figo with the new softer mudflaps.
Old 31st March 2011, 14:39   #4062
BANNED

Quote:
Mustang, Any word on the new mudflaps? Dealer says new ones not yet in stock but today I saw a figo with the new softer mudflaps.
Nah, I don't have news about any accessories, I am quite a dud when it comes to accessories (Read my posts in the sunfilm thread)
Old 31st March 2011, 16:37   #4063
BHPian

I got my Figo (C.Red, titanium 1.4TDCI) yesterday as of now I have got the Sun Films, USB cable, Scuff Plates, Fog lamps, door chrome beading, etc installed. I am yet do the alloy wheels and I have decided to skip the seat covers as of now.

One thing that I noticed is that when the engine is running(including when idling) it feels as if the engine is missing a beat! I checked up with the SE at Metro Ford and I was told that it is due to the AC compressor! is it true?? I am bit worried
Old 31st March 2011, 16:44   #4064
BHPian

Quote:
How much are the fog lamps? You still getting the 15% discount?
I doubt if there will be any more discounts running unless the free camp at Pune is still on. I installed mine at Bangalore for 3,825/-
It's money well spent in my opinion.

Also got a free replacement of the brake pads since they were making a grinding noise while doing slow speed braking
Old 31st March 2011, 16:55   #4065
BHPian

Went to the service station to check on the squeaking sound. The SA heard the sound(was kind of lucky that the sound was there because it comes on and off) and asked me to bring it on the saturday and said something about the shock absorber having some issue.

One suprising thing that i was told was that I would loose the warranty coverage if i use nitrogen in the tyres. Apparently it's similar to using wider tyres. He also claimed that they see larger number of suspension related issues in cars/trucks having nitrogen.

Just wanted to know if some of you guys use nitrogen and wanted to let all of you know about this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks