Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2011, 16:51   #4021
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
Congratulations on your buy RROD!
Thanks, your points of view definitely helped.
Havent had a chance to drive much, it's been about 2 weeks now, and only about 250 KM's done.
The mileage varies, as per the DTE reading, when i drive without AC and average it shows a mileage of 16 KMPL, and when I drive with AC in hot summer, with a lot of traffic, then it shows a mileage of 14 KMPL.
I know it's too early to guage mileage, but i thought i'll just hare my findings.
Old 26th March 2011, 00:30   #4022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RROD View Post
The mileage varies, as per the DTE reading, when i drive without AC and average it shows a mileage of 16 KMPL, and when I drive with AC in hot summer, with a lot of traffic, then it shows a mileage of 14 KMPL.
I know it's too early to guage mileage, but i thought i'll just hare my findings.
What DTE readings are you getting? What was the DTE on the very first full tank?
Old 26th March 2011, 10:23   #4023
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
If you dont mind, could you share some more details of the rattles?
Other than the rear panel creaking,were there any other sounds and how were they solved?

Mine still has a dashboard squeak and front rt.tyrewell rattling(caliper).
Spoke too soon, right side front door rattle is back

Following issues reported to the SA and during the road test.

Rattle/sounds coming from the right side front door,
creaking/squeaking sounds coming from the rear plastic cladding.
Slight dashboard rattle.

Could you explain about the ryre wall rattling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I believe it is recommended to change oil every 5,000kms.

Have other blokes whose Car has done over 20K stuck to 5
The recommended oil change interval by ford is 10,000KM.
But my car will get fresh oil every 5,000KM to keep the engine smooth and peppy.
The oil used on the Figo petrol is some cheap mineral oil Rs 170 a litre. No way this oil can last 10,000KM.
Old 26th March 2011, 14:09   #4024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail.jaiswal View Post
Askids,

I have been using my Figo for over 3 weeks now (1k on the Odo) since it pretty much only City travel as of now. I also have the 185/65/ R 14 XM1+ and havent really scrapped anywhere till now. have been to pretty much half of bangalore with a few spirited drives (read ~90) to the Airport or on the ring road. Car drives smoothly and didnt scrape anywhere even when it was Full house. Have been driving it sedetely in the city though.

I had an issue of having problems while upshifting from 1st to 2nd gear. Its not as smooth as shifting in other gears. it feels rubbery and hard to slot in. Not that it's too much of a pain, but i would consider the Gear box in Figo to be quite decent and i wouldn;t expect this kind of a gear shift from it. Hence the question. Has any other owners of Figo also felt this?
On my way back, it was only D+1 drive. But even then the rear right tyre scrapped couple of times. After i reached home, I checked that the inner body above the tyre was torn a bit. I beginning to think its a suspension issue

Also, there was small bit of vibration at the steering wheel when I drove it at 120 on the NICE road. This time, is it normal or higher pressure on the tyre :(

Anyone else facing this problem
Old 26th March 2011, 15:57   #4025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
What DTE readings are you getting? What was the DTE on the very first full tank?
I havent yet had a full tank yet, I plan to do it may be tomorrow, I will update once I do it.
Old 27th March 2011, 02:01   #4026
Senior - BHPian

Hey! Just watching Bloomberg UTV Autocar show. Figo is going to launch 1.6 version.

Any more news on this please.

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 27th March 2011, 10:32   #4027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by askids View Post
I recently did a trip with 4 people on board. The right rear tyre scrapped the body a few times during the travel. I am trying to understanding if it was the case of tyre not having the correct pressure or is it got to do with suspension setting. Since I was using nitrogen which was filled up for 30(normally travel alone or +1), I could not do much as I did not find any bunks or tyre shops where I could refill.

Has anyone else faced similar issue? BTW, I am running 185/65 R14 XM1+.
For that kind of load you need to pump up the air. The recommended pressure is 36 psi and 40 psi for front and rear respectively. The scraping sound, I believe has to do with the non flexible mud flaps. I have already lost the rear RHS flap and cracked the front LHS mud flap.
Old 27th March 2011, 13:12   #4028
BHPian

I bought a Figo (Diesel - Titanium - Chill Metallic) and got it delivered last Monday. Not driven much yet (100+ kms). Here are my experiences.

Buying Experience: Three of us were interested in buying Ford cars ( 2 Figos + 1 Fiesta) under our company car lease scheme. Initially, we were bargaining with Cauvery Ford for a combined deal but as he later reneged on his promised delivery dates and free accessories, we went to Metro Ford. We even gave a booking amount of 10k to Cauvery Ford. And we were quite enthusiastic about buying it. But Cauvery Ford seemed very uninterested in the whole deal and their response was quite bad. The buying experience with Metro Ford was pretty good and smooth throughout (even though later one of us backed out from buying a Figo).

TD experience: Both my wife and I were nervous in the narrow BTM Layout streets during the first TD. We were driving a diesel for the first time (we have an 8 year old Alto) and also it was late evening and fast turning dark. So the TD as such, didn't go well. But we were impressed by the interior space, boot space and AC.

The second TD (with Metro Ford) was good and we came back impressed. Frankly, we were not even seriously considering any other car (after all, Figo is the team-bhp "car of the year" ). Also, both of us being big fans of the Ford Fusion looks, the Figo was but a natural choice for us.

Driving Experience: Not much driving done till now. The 2nd gear seems sluggish initially for the first 7-8 seconds and then it surges (is this normal for diesels?). Have got used to the reverse Wiper and Indicator controls though it is still annoying. Mighty impressed with the AC.

Hope to have a long partnership with our Figo. And special thanks to Team-BHP members for all the great advice. I have been following this thread for sometime now. You guys rock! Hope to contribute more meaningfully now.
Old 27th March 2011, 20:56   #4029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Spoke too soon, right side front door rattle is back

Following issues reported to the SA and during the road test.

Rattle/sounds coming from the right side front door,
creaking/squeaking sounds coming from the rear plastic cladding.
Slight dashboard rattle.

Could you explain about the ryre wall rattling?
Does the right side front door rattle come from the upper right corner just above our head? I too had that.

The front tyre well rattling has been there from the begining. It comes on slightly rough or uneven roads. During the first service, they said it is from dashboard. Then at a service camp, they said it is from caliper pin. Subsequently during second service they said it is play in the brake pads. But nothing worked till now. I detailed regarding this in my ownership thread. I think Jayded also had a similar sound.
Old 28th March 2011, 11:44   #4030
BHPian

Had one more long trip to TVM to chennai and back over the weekend. I have just had my 20000 km service done on the Figo.

The FE seems to have really dropped and i have got only 16 over the course of this trip. I am hoping that it can be attributed to the highspeeds (130-150) that we did with Full AC and that the car was fully loaded with 2 passengers and rest lugguage. Other than the FE the car performed well over this 1500 km trip.

Gemi's account of his FE problem and the underbody hits definitely is a bit scary. I have had my share of hits. Hopefully that has not hurt my Figo.
The squeaking noise has surfaced now. Have to do something about it.

Other than that the Figo is doing good and doing it's job well.
Old 28th March 2011, 23:23   #4031
Senior - BHPian

Most ford owners, fusion and fiesta that I know have said that the mileage of the 1.4 tDCI engine while initially excellent (18+), rapidly falls down to ~14 kpl. Does anyone have a similar experience with the figo?
Old 29th March 2011, 09:32   #4032
BHPian

Not sure if this is the case. I have a friend with his Fiesta 1.4 around 60k+ kms. He claims a good mileage of 19+ in the highways.
Old 29th March 2011, 10:41   #4033
BHPian

The discussion on mileage is kind of misleading. I saying this only because, there are way to many control factors that influence mileage and everyone knows this. Without mentioning these factors, it is hard to interpret anyone's numbers be it good or bad. Some obvious factors will be:

- Type of road, traffic conditions (mileage may vary even on the same road when driving on the opp direction)
- Load in the car
- Tyre size, type, air pressure and condition of the tyre, alloys/rims
- Speed(huge difference in mileage when driving 70 kmph against 140 kmph)
- Driving Style (accelerating quickly, braking often, switching off in traffic lights)
- Maintenance/age of the car
- AC usage (also the AC coolness setting)

Therefore I think it is misleading to have a discussion without taking these factors into consideration.

Obviously one also has sometimes discount a slight exaggeration factor with owners who pride themselves on having a high mileage car. The tend to quote only the best numbers. And vice versa is also true, when owners are dissatisfied with their car/mileage, they tend to stick to the lowest numbers.

I believe, on an average, across all conditions, if you get an average of 15-16 then you are doing good. This will be true to both the TDCi and the MJD engines.

Last edited by rohing : 29th March 2011 at 10:44.
Old 29th March 2011, 11:36   #4034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
- AC usage (also the AC coolness setting)
How would the coolness setting affect mileage ?
Old 29th March 2011, 12:13   #4035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
Had one more long trip to TVM to chennai and back over the weekend. I have just had my 20000 km service done on the Figo.

The FE seems to have really dropped and i have got only 16 over the course of this trip. I am hoping that it can be attributed to the highspeeds (130-150) that we did with Full AC and that the car was fully loaded with 2 passengers and rest lugguage. Other than the FE the car performed well over this 1500 km trip.
I too just did a 1,500 km round trip from Trivandrum to Bangalore and back. On the journey towards Bangalore, the car returned an FE of ~ 17 kmpl and on the way back it returned ~19 kmpl. The main difference being on the way back there was one passenger + some luggage less (around 75 kgs combined). And also the speeds were maintained around 110-120 kmph for most of the time while on the drive to Bangalore, the speeds were higher and even maxed out the speedo a couple of times.

With the 130-150 you did, you are bound to get lesser FE. 16 is pretty good for such a run. Hover around 100-110 kmph and the TDCi will return the favor.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks