Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2011, 22:07   #3991
BANNED

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Folks....I've got my FIGO Titanium delivered on Friday the 18th.... couple of peculiar things I've observed (and want inputs from existing owners) 1. the heater indicator in the dash does not glow on switiching on ignition..though it's present in the instrument cluster...is this normal... 2. there seems to be a lot if play in the key...once you insert the key.. there's significant play till the switch comes on and cranks...is this normal too.... just wondering.....nonetheless...enjoying the other significant GOOD things..!!!!
Old 22nd March 2011, 01:23   #3992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinthru' View Post
Folks....I've got my FIGO Titanium delivered on Friday the 18th.... couple of peculiar things I've observed (and want inputs from existing owners) 1. the heater indicator in the dash does not glow on switiching on ignition..though it's present in the instrument cluster...is this normal... 2. there seems to be a lot if play in the key...once you insert the key.. there's significant play till the switch comes on and cranks...is this normal too.... just wondering.....nonetheless...enjoying the other significant GOOD things..!!!!
Congrats on the Figo!
You car is perfectly fine and that's how it's supposed to be. There is a heater glow icon on the dash but it is not provided with any backlight, apparently Ford has decided to do without it on the Figo.
Also the key play is normal. There is almost a 90 degree free rotation before switching on the battery.
Old 22nd March 2011, 13:28   #3993
BHPian

@ridinthru
Folks....I've got my FIGO Titanium delivered on Friday the 18th.... couple of peculiar things I've observed (and want inputs from existing owners)
1. the heater indicator in the dash does not glow on switiching on ignition..though it's present in the instrument cluster...is this normal...
IF you mean the glow plug indicator, the timing is too short to be noticed, however if you take your vehicle to cooler place and crank it up in the mornings you could see the glow plug indicator. I have seen it when i was in Coorg. Under normal conditions it will not be visible
2. there seems to be a lot if play in the key...once you insert the key.. there's significant play till the switch comes on and cranks...is this normal too.... just wondering.....nonetheless...enjoying the other significant GOOD things..!!!!
Yes there is, quite a bit of play. Just make sure you start the engine after the pre check and post check chimes subside
Old 22nd March 2011, 14:57   #3994
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
sheel, the service is cost is way too high. They have charged you way too much for the oil. Find out rate per litre of oil and make sure the quantity is 3.2L which the Figo takes.
They have put in 4.5L of oil.

I am putting up a scanned copy of the bill for all to see.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-scan0002.jpg  

Last edited by Sheel : 22nd March 2011 at 15:33.
Old 22nd March 2011, 15:01   #3995
BHPian

I'm sure most of the figo owners will have heard from ford india or their dealers about the anniversary service camp being organized by ford this week. Sharing some details for those who havent.

* 50% off on oil filters
* 10% discount on battery
* free AC gas and coolant top up
* free wash and wheel alignment
* 15% discount on labour for any additional jobs.
* discount on select accessories
* 25% discount on insurance renewals
* 3rd year extended warranty at showroom price.
* daily surprise gifts
Old 22nd March 2011, 15:21   #3996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

I am putting up a scanned copy of the bill for all to see. (The Car is on my father's name)
Hi Sheel,
As vid pointed out, it should be 3.2 liters. I too was charged for 5 Liters and when I questioned them, they told me they'll adjust the excess amount to the next service bill. By the way oil was 190/liter odd in my bill.

P.S: I would advice you to blur the owner's name and address

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
I'm sure most of the figo owners will have heard from ford india or their dealers about the anniversary service camp being organized by ford this week. Sharing some details for those who havent.

* 50% off on oil filters
* 10% discount on battery
* free AC gas and coolant top up
* free wash and wheel alignment
* 15% discount on labour for any additional jobs.
* discount on select accessories
* 25% discount on insurance renewals
* 3rd year extended warranty at showroom price.
* daily surprise gifts
Good move there. Didn't get any updates from the dealer yet. May be they didn't call or I might have missed their call
EDIT: On second thoughts, I had a call from 044 STD code yesterday, couldn't pick up. Might have been call from Ford India about the service camp.

Last edited by jayded : 22nd March 2011 at 15:26.
Old 22nd March 2011, 21:20   #3997

Excellent review. I test drove the Figo today and turned a believer in its excellent overall performance and appeal. Will be booking my first car, a ford Figo Diesel 1.4 this week!
Old 22nd March 2011, 23:28   #3998
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post

I am putting up a scanned copy of the bill for all to see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Hi Sheel,
As vid pointed out, it should be 3.2 liters. I too was charged for 5 Liters and when I questioned them, they told me they'll adjust the excess amount to the next service bill. By the way oil was 190/liter odd in my bill.
There you go. 4.5 litres of oil not a chance the Figo can take. Take the owners manual and show it to them and demand a refund.

That's a good Rs.300 in their pocket. The rate per litre is also high and should be ~Rs200 as Jayded mentioned.
Old 22nd March 2011, 23:37   #3999
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
There you go. 4.5 litres of oil not a chance the Figo can take. Take the owners manual and show it to them and demand a refund.

That's a good Rs.300 in their pocket. The rate per litre is also high and should be ~Rs200 as Jayded mentioned.
I stay some ~200 odd kms away from the SS.

I am keeping the bill with me and would question the next time (in about a month) I go over.
Or should I mail Ford guys? (Its not an issue of being over-charged, but the practice Ford dealers stick to and bring the brand a bad name)

EDIT:-
The Car's oil filter was changed at the service and in manual it mentions a variable of .04 ltrs with & w/o filter. I guess I have been charged for 700ml more. Would anyways call up as an unsuspecting customer tomorrow and inquire.

Last edited by Sheel : 22nd March 2011 at 23:42.
Old 22nd March 2011, 23:41   #4000
Team-BHP Support

Just call your SS. Don't give your name. Say you are a new owner and want to know how much oil goes into the Figo during first service. I'm sure they will tell you the right amount after which you can reveal your experience and ask for a refund the next time.

If it doesnt work mail them as the quantity is clearly mentioned in the manual.
Old 22nd March 2011, 23:51   #4001
Senior - BHPian

This thread has crossed 4000 mark isnt that a record

Guys this is amazing. This Figo thread has touched 4000 posts market Something remarkable.
Even a year post the launch of this car the discussion keeps going on in this thread. There have been many launches post this car launch. Even ones from Maruti or Hyundai but this thread still having atleast 5-6 posts a day.

It can mean one thing, Ford is doing good job or the car has got complaints and owners are just venting out. Going by the sales volume I am thinking its option A. Any opinions.

@Sheel:Chances are there would have been some other charges which he would have wanted to account for and would have used the Engine oil as a denomination to charge for it. Better call and ask.
Old 23rd March 2011, 07:27   #4002
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilcherian View Post
Excellent review. I test drove the Figo today and turned a believer in its excellent overall performance and appeal. Will be booking my first car, a ford Figo Diesel 1.4 this week!
Wow, it's your first post and already you have made up your mind to book a new car. Nice.

Anyways which variant are you thinking to buy?
Old 23rd March 2011, 21:02   #4003
BHPian

My Figo tdci becomes substantially smoother if i rev it in the morning. Will this revving affect the life of the engine in any way?

My uncle's longtime driver does it with all his cars(all diesel Vento/Octavia/Ambassador) and claims that it's a good practice and increases mileage. Please let know if any of you follow this with the Figo.
Old 23rd March 2011, 23:13   #4004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
My Figo tdci becomes substantially smoother if i rev it in the morning. Will this revving affect the life of the engine in any way?

My uncle's longtime driver does it with all his cars(all diesel Vento/Octavia/Ambassador) and claims that it's a good practice and increases mileage. Please let know if any of you follow this with the Figo.
AFAIK Diesel vehicles are not supposed to be revved, its there in the Running In thread for diesel too. Particularly when you cold start, you will have to wait for the engine to warm up and revving it beyond 2500 rpm is not advised.
Old 24th March 2011, 18:05   #4005
BHPian

What a thread! I have been reading the posting and replies here and made up my mind for a "Figo". So eagerly awaiting my Colorado Red 1.4TDCI Titanium

I still have some doubts about the ground clearance of the car in spite of reading through this thread. We all know about the famous unscientific speed breakers in Bangalore which do break suspensions more! feedback from the current owners would be of great help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks