Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2011, 12:13   #3961
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

I need advice on seat covers. I have a Titanium diesel and want to fit the seat covers. How do you rate the seat covers of Ford? Do they fit snugly to the seats while keeping the curves of seats intact? Any pictures would be helpful. Any other alternatives to the Ford covers that will retain the seat shapes? I would like to fit removable types.
Does anyone know any good shop in Pune?

Thanks!
Old 14th March 2011, 12:18   #3962
BANNED

Keep the OEM seat covers that came pre-fitted, they look the best.
Old 14th March 2011, 13:30   #3963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
I did around 13K KM, even I am facing the same problem. The engine just stalls by itself when downshifting with a/c on. I am done with my free services, I wonder what is the problem, I will have to do a few test runs to replicate the error before I head to the service station AGAIN!!

The squeaks have been solved, they died a violent death! They did not disappear at once, but eventually they did and the car is silent now. Otherwise the car is just fine!
This is very Dangerous! When the Engine dies the steering becomes stiff making it impossible to steer the car.
How much fuel was in the tank? What was the DTE showing?

Other figo owners facing similar problems here. Mustang can you share your thoughts on this please?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...nshifting.html

Good to hear the squeaking problem is solved. My figo will be going for its second service sometime this month. Hope they fix the squeaking problem permanently this time.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 14th March 2011 at 13:32.
Old 14th March 2011, 16:01   #3964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
This is very Dangerous! When the Engine dies the steering becomes stiff making it impossible to steer the car.
How much fuel was in the tank? What was the DTE showing?

Other figo owners facing similar problems here. Mustang can you share your thoughts on this please?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...nshifting.html

Good to hear the squeaking problem is solved. My figo will be going for its second service sometime this month. Hope they fix the squeaking problem permanently this time.

Just back from the service center! I had a scary situation today morning when car died on me when trying to turn, luckily I could get the engine ignited before I end up in the opposite lane.

DTCs were checked, none found. Clutch sensor/switch was fine and I am to face that service guy saying that "no problem at all sir" yet again!!

We test drove for 15 minutes with all kinds of down shifting, but could not replicate the error!
Old 16th March 2011, 14:27   #3965
BHPian

An update about a new problem I faced. I have posted it in my ownership thread here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post2279237

Have left the car at the dealer today, shall update once I hear from them later in the day.
Old 17th March 2011, 21:19   #3966
BHPian

What are the brand and specifications of the engine oil used by the A.S.S. ? Has any one tried to get it filled with a OIL bought from outside A.S.S. in any of the services (free or paid)? What engine oil do the gurus recommend in the synthetic and non Synthetic categories for Figo?

Thanks a ton.
Old 17th March 2011, 21:23   #3967
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika View Post
What are the brand and specifications of the engine oil used by the A.S.S. ? Has any one tried to get it filled with a OIL bought from outside A.S.S. in any of the services (free or paid)? What engine oil do the gurus recommend in the synthetic and non Synthetic categories for Figo?

Thanks a ton.

Ford uses some in house oil. It is semi-synthetic and best suited for your engine. SO I suggest stick with OEM oil. Synthetic is too costly and does not worth it unless you are a very heavy user.
Old 18th March 2011, 09:57   #3968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
I need advice on seat covers. I have a Titanium diesel and want to fit the seat covers. How do you rate the seat covers of Ford? Do they fit snugly to the seats while keeping the curves of seats intact? Any pictures would be helpful. Any other alternatives to the Ford covers that will retain the seat shapes? I would like to fit removable types.
Does anyone know any good shop in Pune?

Thanks!
These are my gsport seat covers i put almost a year back and they are just too good. Tight fit and easy to maintain and look neat!
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dsc00591.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dsc00590.jpg  

Old 18th March 2011, 12:01   #3969
BHPian

How can i remove the OEM fitted music system? Are there any specific devices to pull them out?
Old 18th March 2011, 18:12   #3970
BHPian

Did any of the Figo owners try to check if the Figo steering is tiltable? i.e. Since the entire assembly seems pretty similar to the Fiesta...so it is just the lever that is missing or is there something more to it?
Old 18th March 2011, 19:22   #3971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
How can i remove the OEM fitted music system? Are there any specific devices to pull them out?
You need a kind of clamp to pry it out. It will be available at the A.S.S. or you will need to make one yourself. I guess someone here has done it while installing the USB cable. Do check

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
Did any of the Figo owners try to check if the Figo steering is tiltable? i.e. Since the entire assembly seems pretty similar to the Fiesta...so it is just the lever that is missing or is there something more to it?
The steering is not tiltable. It's just that the plastics covering the steering column is shared with the Fiesta, hence you see the similarity but no functionality.
Old 18th March 2011, 20:55   #3972
BHPian

^^^
I am very much interested in moving the steering up a bit, permanently, if possible. I will open up the plastics tomorrow and see what are the possibilities.
For removing the stereo, you need 4 rods, almost same diameter as the 4 holes you see on the stereo, the rods used for connecting central locking actuators are the right size for this. Insert them by about a centimeter and a half, don't push in too hard, then holding a pair in each hand, move them sideways away from the center of the stereo and pull outwards.
Old 18th March 2011, 21:30   #3973
BHPian

^ I will be very interested in what you find.

- It does not make sense that this part would be unique to the Figo and not shared with Fiesta. I suspect this all the more because of the odd gap above the steering. If this was a Figo only design, then that gap would have been taken care off, right?

- However, it again does not make sense on why if it is common would Ford not provide the feature. This is a basic feature present in most hatches and enhance driving comfort for taller drivers.

Maybe Mustang or friendly Ford SA could confirm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika View Post
^^^
I am very much interested in moving the steering up a bit, permanently, if possible. I will open up the plastics tomorrow and see what are the possibilities.
For removing the stereo, you need 4 rods, almost same diameter as the 4 holes you see on the stereo, the rods used for connecting central locking actuators are the right size for this. Insert them by about a centimeter and a half, don't push in too hard, then holding a pair in each hand, move them sideways away from the center of the stereo and pull outwards.
Old 19th March 2011, 02:37   #3974
Senior - BHPian

Funnily Figo's run of winning car of the year doesnt seem to be stopping at all.
Found this link supplied by Facebook account of Ford.

As you are aware the car has started getting exported to South Africa. It seems to be winning accolades even there , it is named runner-up in South Africa Car of the Year contest. For a developed market like S.A thats no mean achievement. If what is mentioned is true, then congrats Figo.
Ford Figo named runner-up in South Africa Car of the Year contest | Facebook
Old 19th March 2011, 02:48   #3975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Funnily Figo's run of winning car of the year doesnt seem to be stopping at all.
Found this link supplied by Facebook account of Ford.

As you are aware the car has started getting exported to South Africa. It seems to be winning accolades even there , it is named runner-up in South Africa Car of the Year contest. For a developed market like S.A thats no mean achievement. If what is mentioned is true, then congrats Figo.
Ford Figo named runner-up in South Africa Car of the Year contest | Facebook
Also worth mentioning that Polo is the winner (thats the 1.6 TDi version, though). And it is tied with BMW 530D for the first place.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks