Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2011, 13:57   #3946
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
+1 to Captain +1 to Jayded: Agree. If you have the money the Titanium is the most VFM option.

Has anyone got such a wiring kit add-on done at the A.S.S on variants other than Titanium. I was informed that only Titanium models need this upgrade but Captain Slow seems to have got something for his Exi too

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2268415

@Mustang: your inputs would be appreciated on this.
Yes i did get this done, the workshop guys had given me a receipt stating that a wiring change has to be done during my second service. They did not have the wiring kit at that time and as Vids mentioned its for the brake fluid level indicator, have got it fixed for my car ZXi variant. Also, bought the USB cable from the dealer and fixed it. make sure that your USB drive file format is FAT 32 and not NTFS, else will give a USB error.

Last edited by scorpio07 : 10th March 2011 at 14:00. Reason: addition
Old 11th March 2011, 16:05   #3947
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nischaltopno View Post
Now since Figo is there for 1 year, any opinion on the ageing of the vehicle? Will it hold good for 5+ year or will it show signs of early ageing in terms of loose parts (read rattling) & wear and tear of parts?
Watch out my ownership thread for my 1 year review in a weeks time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramharis View Post
Since there is this small scraping issue, i was considering to upgrade from 14" alloys to 15" ones. Specifically from Fiesta 1.6S 15" ones, does upgrading to that pose issues ?

Thanks
Ram
Nothing except your warranty and a slightly hasher ride with better cornering capabilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
Yes i did get this done, the workshop guys had given me a receipt stating that a wiring change has to be done during my second service. They did not have the wiring kit at that time and as Vids mentioned its for the brake fluid level indicator, have got it fixed for my car ZXi variant. Also, bought the USB cable from the dealer and fixed it. make sure that your USB drive file format is FAT 32 and not NTFS, else will give a USB error.
Thanks. I think i need to ask my a.s.s about this since none of my bills mention of such a thing being done.
Old 11th March 2011, 20:06   #3948
Senior - BHPian

I have a question on the auto locking mechanism. The doors lock at 7 km/hr speed. Does this mean it cannot be unlocked from outside only or outside as well as inside? I have received my Figo and I tried to check this and I was able to unlock the front passenger door even after it was locked after 7 km/hr speed.
Old 11th March 2011, 22:06   #3949
Senior - BHPian

you mean you opened it from outside while the car was moving??!!

Here is what i know
  • The locks get activated when the car crosses 7km/hr
  • You can open the locks from inside except at rear if child locks are activated.
  • The chimes come on if the door is open and you are doing above 7km/hr.
  • In case of an accident the doors unlock automatically.
  • The doors can be opened from inside / outside only if the lock is opened.
  • All four doors open/close along with the driver side lock only.
  • The diver side lock wont get locked if any of the doors are open
Old 11th March 2011, 22:58   #3950

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Just for the figo it is a great car. Yes at times the bottom scrapes the speed breakers however i urge you to go dead slow on them and it will not scrape...
unless the speed breakers are of odd specification you should not have any problems. If u load the car to capacity then even santro,zen,indica scrape the bottom.
Old 12th March 2011, 00:18   #3951
Senior - BHPian

Don't know specifically about figo, but I was similarly confused by the locking mechanism. It seems newer cars have (supposedly a safety) feature due to which locking means doors can't be opened from outside. From inside they can be unlocked and opened using a single lever, making unlocking and opening no different. As mentioned in the previous post real locking from inside can be done only with child locks (which is applicable only for rear doors).
Old 12th March 2011, 14:02   #3952
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How do i confirm if it has been done on my car. I have done my 3rd service too but The bills do not mention of anything.
This is the problem with Ford Service. They do not mention what job was done in your car. Since my car was in SC's most of the time, it got fixed. The wiring was missing in some early batches of car to indicate the lower brake fluid level in the brake oil tank to the IP cluster. This was done as per the TSB given by Ford.

When I gave the car for 10k service in Coimbatore, the SA updated the car info in the job card. When 10k service was selected, it automatically showed this TSB to be done. Immediately I told the SA that it was done, but he said it is my duty to include this task and if it had been already done, then the technician would check and update accordingly. Nice work by that SA. But the jobs as per TSB's are never mentioned in any of the bills given to customers.

My rear windows still roll down after changing many positions of the lever. Is there any permanent fix given to anyone.

GC is a problem in Figo, but can be mostly avoided with 34 and 41 tire pressures and never brake very near to the speed breaker.Also do a slightly diagonal ride i.e do the any of the front wheel first and then the next while climbing the speed breaker.

Actually the scrapping happens at the centre chassis which is triangle shaped located exactly below the gear lever under the platform.

Since the autodoor lock is within the lever, I do not see as a major security feature except the child locks. Just pulling the lever from the lock position opens any door. This is not in the case of other hatch backs where a small lock is found above the levers indicating a "RED" sign if the lock is opened.

Last edited by RGK : 12th March 2011 at 14:09.
Old 12th March 2011, 15:01   #3953
BHPian

Quote:
Watch out my ownership thread for my 1 year review in a weeks time.
Thanks for that Gemi. That gives me one more reason to refresh your ownership thread more frequently.
Old 13th March 2011, 00:20   #3954
Senior - BHPian

Thanks gemithomas for clarifying. I had opened the door from inside. So from your explanation it seems there is no true locking from inside.

I have one question on tyre pressures. The manual mentions to keep 30 psi when unladen and 36/41 when laden. But I am confused how much I should keep when 2/3 people are travelling. How much do you guys keep?
Old 13th March 2011, 10:39   #3955
Senior - BHPian

Mostly 2 people travelling in my car, the best tyre pressure I have found is 34 front/34 rear. Adding another person or two takes the rear up to 36. I guess 41 for the rear is if you are travelling with a dicky full of luggage
Old 13th March 2011, 16:12   #3956
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

FE Update

Had my first service done last week (about 10 days back) after clocking 2700 kms on the odo. Some brake noise issues. So, the dealership replaced the break pads & darn they were abysmally gone. He said, some cars have come up with such issues, usually cars delivered in Nov - Dec 2010.

After that, have clocked 700-800 kms, OT:(out of which 650 kilometers in the last week from Mon-Sat due to my new office in Noida)

Ok, so on Monday i got it filled up for 1300 bucks, filled in 34.400 litres.
Driven in peak city traffic on the ring road till ashram, zoomed at 150-160kmph on DND & then got slaughtered again upon entering Noida till the SEZ.

Covered 652.7 kms on the odo before the reserve resulting in an overall average of 18.97kmpl (in extreme driving:P, either too fast or too slow). So, I guess that's a good enough average!

Fuel Filled : 34.400 litres
Cost: Rs. 1300
Kms driven: 652.7 kms
FE: 18.97kmpl

On highways, on my recent trip to Amritsar, she gave me 21.5kmpl with AC on for 60% of the time, with spirited driving!

Last edited by varun.ppl : 13th March 2011 at 16:14.
Old 13th March 2011, 20:17   #3957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun.ppl View Post
FE Update

Had my first service done last week (about 10 days back) after clocking 2700 kms on the odo. Some brake noise issues. So, the dealership replaced the break pads & darn they were abysmally gone. He said, some cars have come up with such issues, usually cars delivered in Nov - Dec 2010.

After that, have clocked 700-800 kms, OT:(out of which 650 kilometers in the last week from Mon-Sat due to my new office in Noida)

Ok, so on Monday i got it filled up for 1300 bucks, filled in 34.400 litres.
Driven in peak city traffic on the ring road till ashram, zoomed at 150-160kmph on DND & then got slaughtered again upon entering Noida till the SEZ.

Covered 652.7 kms on the odo before the reserve resulting in an overall average of 18.97kmpl (in extreme driving:P, either too fast or too slow). So, I guess that's a good enough average!

Fuel Filled : 34.400 litres
Cost: Rs. 1300
Kms driven: 652.7 kms
FE: 18.97kmpl
On highways, on my recent trip to Amritsar, she gave me 21.5kmpl with AC on for 60% of the time, with spirited driving!
I have been getting exceptional mileage in my FIGO till date, now the ODO is at 11560.
My wife has been using the car and the run is between South Delhi to Noida expressway. The last 5 fills have always been 20+.

The best was the last fill which gave us a mileage of 22.38 with 30% AC usage.

I am pretty happy with the car except the GC which is a problem at times when I take the car to my office's underground parking where it has to cross a couple of crazy humps.
Old 13th March 2011, 21:54   #3958
BHPian

My Figo has started showing some attitude at me. The car has so far gone dead 3 times while downshifting/decelerating. Today I nearly had a heart-in-mouth situation while this happened under cornering. I've posted my complete experience in the "Technical" section. Will be taking me car to the service center tomorrow to get it checked.
Old 13th March 2011, 22:00   #3959
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
I have been getting exceptional mileage in my FIGO till date, now the ODO is at 11560.
My wife has been using the car and the run is between South Delhi to Noida expressway. The last 5 fills have always been 20+.

The best was the last fill which gave us a mileage of 22.38 with 30% AC usage.

I am pretty happy with the car except the GC which is a problem at times when I take the car to my office's underground parking where it has to cross a couple of crazy humps.
I guess, i have to improve my driving so as to manage 20+ figures. Driving at 150s does not help FE

I too feel that the GC is a bit low coz i manage to scrape the speedbump in Noida SEZ just before my office while once with my friend's car, i managed to easily manouver it with 3 ppl inside.
Old 14th March 2011, 11:38   #3960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
My Figo has started showing some attitude at me. The car has so far gone dead 3 times while downshifting/decelerating. Today I nearly had a heart-in-mouth situation while this happened under cornering. I've posted my complete experience in the "Technical" section. Will be taking me car to the service center tomorrow to get it checked.
I did around 13K KM, even I am facing the same problem. The engine just stalls by itself when downshifting with a/c on. I am done with my free services, I wonder what is the problem, I will have to do a few test runs to replicate the error before I head to the service station AGAIN!!

The squeaks have been solved, they died a violent death! They did not disappear at once, but eventually they did and the car is silent now. Otherwise the car is just fine!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks