Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2011, 23:21   #3901
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Had got my Figo Titanium TDCI delivered last friday. Got the tyres/alloys upgraded today along with front windshield sunfim(Garware Alps). Waiting for the 3M RE35 for the remaining ones. I upgraded to 185/65-R14 Michelin XM1+ and Plati alloys. Will post pics shortly.

Dealership experience was very good in Cauvery Ford, Mysore. Would recommend if anyone is interested in buying a Figo. Got 3rd yr warranty free. No other freebies. But I got the insurance and Registration done outside. Saved around 5K. But had to do some run around. One more reason to drive the Figo
Old 2nd March 2011, 23:51   #3902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
I use a nokia 5800 Xpress music and it pairs without a problem. All functions work perfectly. One grouch is that the GPS instructions sound only when the src is in BT audio and not other modes.
I use a Nokia 6300, which connects very well, and I'm able to access the phonebook and use various functions such as Redial. However, I wasn't able to search or pair the audio with a Micromax Cube handset. It has got paired with the Samsung Wave...
Old 3rd March 2011, 08:42   #3903
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
Can the new audio software be updated onto the existing audio system?

Also, when is the second service due?
Hope so. But how far the dealers have been updated, i do not know

10k kms or 1 year whichever is earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
askids, jayded, Thanks!

It looks though that all squeaking sounds have gone, (need to heck for a longer duration though), the grrrr noise after braking at low speeds has reduced a lot (it was horrifying before), but its not gone completely, I still hear it sometimes but noise is reduced.

Also, I did the 3M polish on the dashboard and seats, I liked it, everything looks pretty clean now and hope that polish lasts long.

Can someone share the experience of second servicing and the essentials at second service?
Regarding brake pad noises they will convince NO problem sir and it is within tolerance limit even if you take up with Ford.

It will not last long. You can buy one from Amway and try applying once in 1 to 2 months to maintain its shine.
Old 3rd March 2011, 15:24   #3904
BHPian

Had couple of questions to existing owners?

1) Has anybody got the reverse parking system from Ford installed on their Figo?
2) Has anybody got autocop or any other burglar alarm installed on top the central locking that comes with Figo?
Old 3rd March 2011, 22:32   #3905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
These are artificial leather seat covers. I had a look at them & decided to give them a pass . Will go in for Stanley seats like my SX4 when the finances are a little better.
The P U leather seats are pretty good, but the seats loose their snug fit once seat covers are installed. I think ford figo, the Zxi version at least has great seats. Do not spoil them by applying seat covers.
Old 4th March 2011, 08:52   #3906
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
The P U leather seats are pretty good, but the seats loose their snug fit once seat covers are installed. I think ford figo, the Zxi version at least has great seats. Do not spoil them by applying seat covers.
Absolutely... The seat fabric is good in Zxi & Titaniums than lower versions.
But I did put covers as my kids jump here and there with chappals.
Old 4th March 2011, 10:34   #3907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by askids View Post
2) Has anybody got autocop or any other burglar alarm installed on top the central locking that comes with Figo?
I have been asking this from a long time on this forum however no one has responded. Looks like no one has installed an autocop on a figo!
Old 4th March 2011, 10:40   #3908
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
I have been asking this from a long time on this forum however no one has responded. Looks like no one has installed an autocop on a figo!
I don't think that one requires an autocop on a figo if their car has an immobilizer factory fitted. As it is fords are rarely stolen in India. Add to that an immobilizer and you are good to go.

Also, as far as my experience goes. One should never fiddle with the wires of the car with unnecessary accessories.

If anyone has a car which had an audio system or autocop fitted from outside can confirm this test. In the evening start your car and put the headlights on. While the windows are fully closed, try to still close the power windows. If the lights in your instrument panel dim on every press of your power window switch then that means that your car has an electrical accessory wrongly fitted and wires have been fiddled with.
Old 4th March 2011, 10:48   #3909
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
I don't think that one requires an autocop on a figo if their car has an immobilizer factory fitted. As it is fords are rarely stolen in India. Add to that an immobilizer and you are good to go.

Also, as far as my experience goes. One should never fiddle with the wires of the car with unnecessary accessories.
Yes i agree on that, however I heard that figo specific security systems are available from autocop. Not sure how far it is true!!!
Old 4th March 2011, 22:57   #3910
Team-BHP Support

One small query (not restricted entirely to Figo)

How much would the A.S.S charge for very minor touch-up jobs?

A small streak which happens on the bumper and the rear fender. (part & parcel of commuting)
Another was when someone hurled a stone and it has chipped the paint off at 3 places by a mm or two.

Thanks
Old 5th March 2011, 23:34   #3911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
How much would the A.S.S charge for very minor touch-up jobs?
Nothing
I've got minor touch ups done many times, and they dont charge anything for that.
Old 6th March 2011, 09:47   #3912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
Nothing
I've got minor touch ups done many times, and they dont charge anything for that.
I can vouch for similar experience. My front bumper slightly come loose at the fender due to a suicidal biker and I wanted it to be just put back, the body workshop folks just fixed it and didn't charge a thing.

If there is anything that should be charged esp. labour I wouldn't want to deny the workman for his money, But they were pretty clear about not charging.
Old 6th March 2011, 10:20   #3913
BHPian

I booked a Ford Figo EXi silver yesterday. Me and my wife are very happy with our decision.
Nothing against the Ritz, i still like it, but the looks were something my wife dint like.
Old 6th March 2011, 10:51   #3914
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RROD View Post
I booked a Ford Figo EXi silver yesterday. Me and my wife are very happy with our decision.
Nothing against the Ritz, i still like it, but the looks were something my wife dint like.
Congrats, why did you sell your fiesta?

it was a fairly new 2008 model.
Old 6th March 2011, 11:02   #3915
BHPian

Hi All!

Just wanted to share my experience with Figo TDCI which has completed 5556 KM as on date.

The car rattles more than my 8 years old Palio did. There is a lot of sway on the rear wheel while taking a right or a left turn on uneven road surface, feels like the car wont stick to the road.

Had told the *** about this at the time of 1st service, they did not do anything about it.

Anyways, apart from these two things, have been thoroughly enjoying my ride!

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks