Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2011, 11:40   #3856
BHPian

Re: My Plans for a small Ford.

DesiDeep,

I have been in the same Dilemma for a very long time now. Figo ticks all the right boxes and appeals to the heart and brain alike. The other cars such as Punto and polo have been ruled out for the same reason for me.

But one contender seems to come up and kick start the analysis again. and that car is the Vista Aura +. It has everything (read as national engine, ABS+airbags, good space, decent drivability, etc). Priced marginally above the Figo. *** for both the cars is equally good or bad. Features are more than the Figo and moreover, its a tried and tested car compared to the Figo.

Did you consider the Vista Aura + as well? would like to know what your evaluation says.
Old 22nd February 2011, 12:47   #3857
BHPian

Re: My Plans for a small Ford.

There is just 1 downside that I could think in the Figo, ground clearance is a little less. In Bangalore, we have these huge humps in residential areas. It's our wonderful BBMP's state of the art design for storm water drains. Figo is one of the cars which usually scrapes in the belly maneuvering these. Hope you don't have these in Delhi!
Old 22nd February 2011, 13:22   #3858
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Mr Jaiswal.

I did consider the Indica. vista. but there is a small problem firstly it is a TATA. i am sorry no offence to any owners here.

what i personallly think is that the VISTA is the best TATA product including the XENON. in terms of build and performance.

But still they lack the feel.

Just in case of the VISTA. it does not feel like the SWIFT OR THE RITZ. and now even the PUNTO.

SO i will go for any thing but not VISTA
Old 22nd February 2011, 16:00   #3859
Senior - BHPian

I noticed one strange thing in Figo. If I slow down a lot and come to a near-stop before taking a speed breaker, then it definitely scrapes or touches the bottom. However, if I take it with a bit of speed then it doesn't touch. I tried multiple times on the same speed breakers, and this is leaving me confused.

Shouldn't it be the other way around i.e it should scrape only when we take it with speed, right?
Old 22nd February 2011, 16:22   #3860
Senior - BHPian

I am sure more Figo owners are commenting here or potential buyers who have tossed between all the available similar segment hatches already.

This post is for my neighbor who is not a member but has asked my help to chose one. His choice is strictly DIESEL. Cars in the list are i20, Polo and Figo. Doing a cross checking myself, I find the top end Figo Titanium in Bangalore is 5.49 ex-showroom with airbags, ABS and EBD. These features on a Polo or i20 pushes the price above 6 lak ex-showroom, if not 6.5.

I drive a Fiesta since 18 months and never had a single reason to complain anything about this beauty (touchwood), but I was not biased towards Ford by any chance when my friend asked me to help him decide. Having considered the value for money and the features offered between brands, I can not find anything better than Figo.

Now my question: Am I doing justice by suggesting my friend to book a Figo Titanium ?
Old 23rd February 2011, 09:29   #3861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
I noticed one strange thing in Figo. If I slow down a lot and come to a near-stop before taking a speed breaker, then it definitely scrapes or touches the bottom. However, if I take it with a bit of speed then it doesn't touch. I tried multiple times on the same speed breakers, and this is leaving me confused.

Shouldn't it be the other way around i.e it should scrape only when we take it with speed, right?
Make sure you have done all your braking before you hit the bump, the front suspension is compressed during braking and if you hit the braker with your foot still on the pedal, the ground clearance is certainly low, plus you get the kickback from the suspension once the front tyres are over the braker. Try to cut your speed before the speed braker and let the suspension come to its normal level, the car sould just coast over the hump. That works for me . Its working in speed as you are not reducing the clearance by braking, plus you get the bounce when you hit it, but thats bad for the suspension.
Old 23rd February 2011, 09:33   #3862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Now my question: Am I doing justice by suggesting my friend to book a Figo Titanium ?
There is no car with better value for money in the Diesel Hatchback segment, the other points like a good ICE and boot space are additional benefits.
If you are looking for a Petrol variant, you have a option in Swift, Ritz and Polo. Though these machines have different advantages over Figo, the decision between them is a tough one.
Old 23rd February 2011, 10:21   #3863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I am sure more Figo owners are commenting here or potential buyers who have tossed between all the available similar segment hatches already.

This post is for my neighbor who is not a member but has asked my help to chose one. His choice is strictly DIESEL. Cars in the list are i20, Polo and Figo. Doing a cross checking myself, I find the top end Figo Titanium in Bangalore is 5.49 ex-showroom with airbags, ABS and EBD. These features on a Polo or i20 pushes the price above 6 lak ex-showroom, if not 6.5.

I drive a Fiesta since 18 months and never had a single reason to complain anything about this beauty (touchwood), but I was not biased towards Ford by any chance when my friend asked me to help him decide. Having considered the value for money and the features offered between brands, I can not find anything better than Figo.

If he is a one car owner, then Figo diesel would be excellent value for money choice for him provided he has convenient service options which, being a Fiesta owner, you will be able to guide him well.
If it is a second car Swift/Ritz would give more peace of mind I suppose. He could even wait for the new Swift.
Figo as a car is very good. The only problem is the service which is still got to go a long way, atleast for small town fellows like me.
Be aware that the on road price of the diesel Titanium will go upto 6.6lakhs in Karnataka. The one model below, ZXI will come to about 6.2lakhs on road is also very good value. If I remember correctly, it lacks only the ABS and airbags.

Last edited by Deep Blue : 23rd February 2011 at 10:33.
Old 23rd February 2011, 12:59   #3864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
.......The only problem is the service which is still got to go a long way, atleast for small town fellows like me.
Be aware that the on road price of the diesel Titanium will go upto 6.6lakhs in Karnataka. The one model below, ZXI will come to about 6.2lakhs on road is also very good value. If I remember correctly, it lacks only the ABS and airbags.
Thanks guys. He is waiting for his test drive this weekend. Its a Diesel by any means, also a strict NO NO to Tata and Maruti. Service in Bangalore city is excellent according to me related to my Fiesta experience. My 4 services are done and never had to drop or pick the vehicle for service, its all taken care of by the service centre. What more can I ask for ? I had a Maruti 2 years back, had tough time with services and never got any free pick up or drop. Forget all that, they did not even bother to give me a TD for Ritz and Dzire when I repeatedly requested before buying a Fiesta. Its not blaming, but my experience.
Old 23rd February 2011, 17:33   #3865
BHPian

Guyz, I am planning on a new car, and Figo is definitely on my list, I am visiting the dealers this weekend. Any Idea about any discounts that I can bargain with them.
The metro ford dealer (Bangalore) is quoting Figo diesel Exi, 5.88 L.
Old 23rd February 2011, 17:40   #3866
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RROD View Post
Guyz, I am planning on a new car, and Figo is definitely on my list, I am visiting the dealers this weekend. Any Idea about any discounts that I can bargain with them.
If you do fix your mind on the figo TDCi then i would recommend choosing the Zxi version. That's better VFM than the Exi.
Old 24th February 2011, 17:08   #3867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RROD View Post
Do check with lathangi ford and cauvery ford before finalizing.
I found metro ford to be a bit arrogant when I approached! they did not offer anything extra and were least bothered to even discuss properly!
Old 25th February 2011, 01:29   #3868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK_BLR View Post
I have got the zero-depreciation from Tata AIG, and it costed me 18+k. If dealer is quoting 15.7k, I think its good, but ensure the policy coverage details carefully.
Small correction. The prices that I quoted was for regular insurance and not for the 0% depreciation. Finally, I got the TATA AIG 0% depreciation plan through my dad's contacts for 15.4k with discount. Without discount, it comes to 18.5k.

Also, Ford dealers are following "There is no free lunch" talk to the tilt. I could only get the 3rd yr warranty for free and nothing else. That is their corporate offer.
Old 27th February 2011, 00:08   #3869
Senior - BHPian

Another thing, The speedo of ford fusion and ford fiesta were accurate when compared to my GPS. The speedo on my Ford figo on th other hand has a 10-30% error. can someone explain? My Honda city has a consistent 5-10% error.
Old 27th February 2011, 11:33   #3870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika View Post
Make sure you have done all your braking before you hit the bump, the front suspension is compressed during braking and if you hit the braker with your foot still on the pedal, the ground clearance is certainly low, plus you get the kickback from the suspension once the front tyres are over the braker. Try to cut your speed before the speed braker and let the suspension come to its normal level, the car sould just coast over the hump. That works for me . Its working in speed as you are not reducing the clearance by braking, plus you get the bounce when you hit it, but thats bad for the suspension.
Thanks, I was trying to say something similar, you found better words

One thing happened yesterday, I would like to share: When I switched on the music system it seemed to be frozen on a phone call. The display was showing the name of the person who last called me when I was using the car the previous day. There was no current phone call. None of the buttons worked, and switching off my phone's bluetooh didn't help either. It was kinda embarassing because a passenger wanted to listen to music. I just tried long-pressing the call button, and it workded! It just said "Rejecting call" and kicked the system out of the frozen state. Just thought of sharing, in case it happens to anyone else.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks