Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2011, 16:01   #3826
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

update at 19xx km: Woke up today morning to see my Figo lying in a pool of Oil :-( . Checked the engine oil level and it was very low. Sent the car immediately to Cauvery Ford. The service advisor then called me to inform that it is due to some defect which they haven't been able to identify yet and would take pictures and send it to HQ. Need to go this evening and check the car personally. The underbody has never been hit by any object. So curious to know what might be the problem.
Old 15th February 2011, 16:04   #3827
BHPian

thats scary
Please update the findings here when you get to know.
Old 15th February 2011, 16:11   #3828
Team-BHP Support

Can one wash the Car with the engine-bay exposed?
Old 15th February 2011, 16:17   #3829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I guess they meant after wiping the oil off.
Old 15th February 2011, 16:24   #3830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
update at 19xx km: Woke up today morning to see my Figo lying in a pool of Oil :-( . Checked the engine oil level and it was very low. Sent the car immediately to Cauvery Ford. The service advisor then called me to inform that it is due to some defect which they haven't been able to identify yet and would take pictures and send it to HQ. Need to go this evening and check the car personally. The underbody has never been hit by any object. So curious to know what might be the problem.
Octane_100,
I have seen this same problem with 2-3 other figo at metro ford. The owner of the cars never knew about the leak. During the first service the S.A pointed it out to them and this is when pictures were taken and sent to ford.

This Saturday evening I got a call from someone claiming to be from Ford wanting feedback about the figo. They wanted to come Home and ask me some questions and take my feedback about the figo, but they were looking for first time car buyers who have bought the figo.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 15th February 2011 at 16:30.
Old 17th February 2011, 09:10   #3831
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Really worried. Always better to check underneath when the vehicle is taken out to see any leaks not only engine oil. I think we need to list out the issues faced by Figo owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Yes you can. but do not do a high force wash (some wash stations have powerful compressors) especially in the ECM, alternator and other wiring areas. A normal wash and compete flow of dry air would be sufficient.

I also had the same doubt but got it clarified from a Ford SA.

@captainslow - Definitely Ford would not come for any feedback from me
Old 17th February 2011, 11:46   #3832
BHPian

@Sheet: It's better to wash the engine bay only at authorised service stations. Though I did not see it getting washed during my first service.
I remember once I had washed my old Indica Xeta in one of the non-authorised washing centers where they washed under body as well with the pressure jet. After the wash I saw smoke coming up from under the gear knob and later found out that there was some short circuit under which burnt the rubber bushing below the gear knob. So better be very careful while washing the vehicle in the washing centres
Old 17th February 2011, 12:06   #3833
BHPian

Update: Just back from a two day business trip. Called up the SA who is well known to us (since we've had one or the other Ford from 2001). The fault was with the crank case oil seal. It is being replaced under warranty. Hope this solves the problem.
Old 17th February 2011, 12:10   #3834
BHPian

Quote:
Update: Just back from a two day business trip. Called up the SA who is well known to us (since we've had one or the other Ford from 2001). The fault was with the crank case oil seal. It is being replaced under warranty. Hope this solves the problem.
Oops! another one added to the list of issues
was it due to any damage or just a faulty part?
Old 17th February 2011, 12:29   #3835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
Oops! another one added to the list of issues
was it due to any damage or just a faulty part?
SA confirmed it was a faulty part and being replaced under warranty. Incidents like these take away the peace of mind factor and one would always be apprehensive when taking the vehicle out on a long journey. Hope this issue doesn't open a Pandora's box!
Old 17th February 2011, 13:51   #3836
BHPian

Quote:
SA confirmed it was a faulty part and being replaced under warranty. Incidents like these take away the peace of mind factor and one would always be apprehensive when taking the vehicle out on a long journey. Hope this issue doesn't open a Pandora's box!

although it is a great car, all these issues do make you feel apprehensive...I have kind of got used to it now!
hope your problem is sorted after the replacement.
Old 17th February 2011, 21:51   #3837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post

although it is a great car, all these issues do make you feel apprehensive...I have kind of got used to it now!
hope your problem is sorted after the replacement.
@figo_united, can you please detail the issues you have faced with figo or point to a thread that lists them. Perhaps we can start problem/solution thread for figo as done for some other vehicles (have been following Scorpio thread on the same). I have a 5 yr old Scorpio and a brand new Figo so want to be prepared for the common and not so common issues.
Old 17th February 2011, 22:20   #3838
Senior - BHPian

agree with gharika. This thread is too huge. Is there a post consolidating all the known issues in the ford figo? Touch wood, other than rattling, I have no other issues. Am travelling 120 km everyday to work, and the mileage of my diesel figo which was in the high 18s has now fallen to the mid 17s. This after just 8K km.
Old 17th February 2011, 22:30   #3839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika View Post
@figo_united, can you please detail the issues you have faced with figo or point to a thread that lists them. Perhaps we can start problem/solution thread for figo as done for some other vehicles (have been following Scorpio thread on the same). I have a 5 yr old Scorpio and a brand new Figo so want to be prepared for the common and not so common issues.
+ 1 to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
agree with gharika. This thread is too huge. Is there a post consolidating all the known issues in the ford figo? Touch wood, other than rattling, I have no other issues. Am travelling 120 km everyday to work, and the mileage of my diesel figo which was in the high 18s has now fallen to the mid 17s. This after just 8K km.
Mine too, a rattling squeaky car but still a good one.
Old 18th February 2011, 01:12   #3840
BHPian

Can anyone from Blore confirm the price of the Figo Titanium club pack? My dealer is quoting 23K which I feel is ridiculously overpriced.

Also, if anyone has recently got insurance from TATA AIG with 0% depreciation plan for Ford Figo, can please mention the premium? I am getting 13.8K from New India and 15.7k quote from dealer.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
askids

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks