Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2011, 18:44   #3811
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK_BLR View Post
I have a strange problem with my USB pen-drive. It's a 1 GB cheap pen-drive bought in US, and my figo's music system doesn't recognize beyond 19 folders on the pen-drive, though there are around 30 folders in the pen-drive. I borrowed a 2 GB pen-drive from one of my colleagues and it worked perfectly fine with this one, recognized all 40+ folders. So, I guess the cheap pen-drive I have is bad.

So, I will have to buy a new pen-drive now.

What is the max capacity of pen-drive (USB input) that can be used with Figo's music system? I am planning to buy an 8 GB one. Is anyone using 8 GB pen-drive? Are there any issues with that? And what brand do you guys suggest? I guess Transcend, Kingston or Sandisk should be OK?
According to Ford the maximum limit is 4 GB. It wont recognize anything bigger than a 4gb pen drive.
But some owners reported that even a 8GB pen drive works.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 3rd February 2011 at 18:46.
Old 3rd February 2011, 19:03   #3812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a strange problem with my USB pen-drive. It's a 1 GB cheap pen-drive bought in US, and my figo's music system doesn't recognize beyond 19 folders on the pen-drive, though there are around 30 folders in the pen-drive. I borrowed a 2 GB pen-drive from one of my colleagues and it worked perfectly fine with this one, recognized all 40+ folders. So, I guess the cheap pen-drive I have is bad.

So, I will have to buy a new pen-drive now.

What is the max capacity of pen-drive (USB input) that can be used with Figo's music system? I am planning to buy an 8 GB one. Is anyone using 8 GB pen-drive? Are there any issues with that? And what brand do you guys suggest? I guess Transcend, Kingston or Sandisk should be OK?
Even I have had problems like this with several pen drives. With the 8GB drive that I'm using now that has about 45 folders, forward navigation wraps around after around 20 folders (and comes back to folder 1 if I try to go to the next folder). If I select "Previous Album" from the first, it goes to the last folder, and pressing "Previous" repeatedly allows me to go to somewhere around folder 25, but then jumps to the first folder from there. So 5 or 6 folders in the middle are never accessible.

It used to allow selection of even lower number of folders earlier (something like 7 to 8) - it is only after I reformatted the drive and copied everything afresh that it allows me to select at least this many. So there's certainly some compatibility issue in the USB interface. It could be a file system issue and may behave better with FAT-16 partitions (I was using FAT-32 since FAT16 cannot support drives bigger than 2GB)

I don't really think drives from different manufacturers will behave differently. (I could be wrong)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
According to Ford the maximum limit is 4 GB. It wont recognize anything bigger than a 4gb pen drive.
But some owners reported that even a 8GB pen drive works.
Yes 8 GB does work - but erratically in my experience. (See above)

Last edited by kala : 3rd February 2011 at 19:04.
Old 3rd February 2011, 19:06   #3813
BHPian

OK.. just now I got hold of an Transcend 8 GB pen-drive from another colleague of mine. I am copying 6 GB songs (100+ folders) into it Will test it and post my findings.
Old 3rd February 2011, 19:38   #3814
BHPian

Thanks Kala, Thanks anilisanil

I was able to get the stereo out with the help of, you guess what, Central locking rods (pics attached). The guy had them spare and gave them to me for free . And my 40 rupees cable is working GOOD.
For USB pinout use the Figo Stereo manual (picture below) and the page here:
USB pinout and wiring @ pinouts.ru

Kingston 8Gb works for me, will test with HP 8 and 16 Gb and update soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-imag0423.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-imag0424.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-imag0422.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-03022011715.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-03022011716.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-03022011717.jpg  

Old 3rd February 2011, 20:02   #3815
Senior - BHPian

Your Figo is Exi or Zxi ? Ford A.S.S told me that they cant fix the usb cable on the Exi.
Old 3rd February 2011, 20:09   #3816
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Your Figo is Exi or Zxi ? Ford A.S.S told me that they cant fix the usb cable on the Exi.
Sirji, Looks like ZXI or Titanium, since bluetooth enabled HU. EXi doesn'y have BT right?
Old 3rd February 2011, 20:27   #3817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Sirji, Looks like ZXI or Titanium, since bluetooth enabled HU. EXi doesn'y have BT right?
Opps my bad, I can see the airbag in one of the pictures. Has to be a titanium.
I so badly want usb connectivity. Sometimes I regret not getting the Zxi
Old 3rd February 2011, 21:08   #3818
BHPian

Quote:
True to your name, yes sir

To remove any confusion, its a 31 Jan 2011 TDCi Titanium.
Old 3rd February 2011, 21:50   #3819
BHPian

Quote:
OK.. just now I got hold of an Transcend 8 GB pen-drive from another colleague of mine. I am copying 6 GB songs (100+ folders) into it Will test it and post my findings.
8 GB works! But, folder (F) navigation is not so good. I forwarded (button-2) the folder and it went from F-1 to F-15 or so, and went back to F-1 when pressed forward at F-15. Tried this couple of times, but same result. Then, I did reverse (button-1) when at F-1, and it went to F-118, and further reversing kept reducing folder numbers.

Also, I don't understand how folder sorting happens, folder movements are not alphabetical. Do I need to check if random folder navigation is ON or something? If anyone has explored this and found a solution, please post! I found the Music System guide not so user friendly, so haven't browsed it thoroughly to find if there's a solution for this.
Old 4th February 2011, 00:16   #3820
Senior - BHPian

Folder sorting is an issue with all of the USB devices. I have a 16 GB stick and while my Cedia's OE Kenwood built system does not lose any folders sorting is tedious. A friend said something about ensuring that each album is transferred to the root directory/folder on the stick. Will catch hold of him this weekend and get him to do the needfull. If the results are positive great otherwise I will get 500 Mb sticks and label them accordingly.
Old 4th February 2011, 16:22   #3821
BHPian

I have had no issues with a HP 16 Gb runniing on JVC HU in my scorpio. Folders and files are played alphabetically. I always try to keep out any special characters from the file and folder names. It helps to quickly dump the suitable titles to a pen drive.
Old 6th February 2011, 09:59   #3822
BHPian

Quote:
You really do not have to regret much. The folder hopping issue is a real irritant, and also for bluetooth connectivity for your phones, I think if your phone has a 3.5 mm speaker jack, you stereo in Aux mode works as fine as bluetooth.

As a matter of fact I sometimes think I could have gone for EXI.. much more VFM in terms of utility
Old 6th February 2011, 15:21   #3823
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I too. The useful things are rear wiper & BT in Zxi & Titanium. Ford should give option to addon these in lower models but at lower price diff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevilslair View Post
You really do not have to regret much. The folder hopping issue is a real irritant, and also for bluetooth connectivity for your phones, I think if your phone has a 3.5 mm speaker jack, you stereo in Aux mode works as fine as bluetooth.

As a matter of fact I sometimes think I could have gone for EXI.. much more VFM in terms of utility
Yes. Exi & Titanium are more VFM cars than the other two models. I feel Titanium is a pick of a deal at 5.96L OTR at the time of launch in Coimbatore.

Period.

Gave the car for A/C problems last week. The cooling was intermittent. SA and SM carefully noted my concerns. Found the problem in A/C condenser and was replaced free of cost. Heard that the condenser cost would come around 11k . Now the AC is working fine. The Service was very prompt and kudos to the SA and the SM.

@gharika - that was a wonderful job.

Last edited by RGK : 6th February 2011 at 15:25.
Old 7th February 2011, 19:59   #3824
BHPian

Another update on the USB pen-drive thing. The system didn't recognize all the folders from the 8 GB pen-drive. I could navigate first 15 folders (F1 to F15, and when reversed, I could go to last 10-12 folders (F118 to F105 or so, don't recall exactly). So, I guess the system doesn't recognize 8 GB space.

Has anyone used 8 GB or 4 GB in full with Figo's HU (+ USB kit)?
Old 7th February 2011, 21:10   #3825
GTO
Team-BHP Support

@ Gharika : Wonderful writeup with pictures to boot! Can I request you to create a separate thread in the In-Car-Entertainment DIY section? It'll greatly help other Figo owners.

Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks