Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2011, 07:08   #3766
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Does Ford Figo have 'metal padding' on the back side of the rear passenger seat?
Old 28th January 2011, 11:00   #3767
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
Had the 3rd service done for my Figo at 19000 odd kms from kairali ford tvm. Went to the service guys because the Figo had developed a throaty growl. This was not very prominent and noticed it only because i was also regularly driving the fiesta at TVM which was very refined in comparison to the Figo. Went to the service guys and they diagonised the issue as an idler failure in the powerbelt. This was rectified under warranty and service done. The total bill was 3047. The throaty growl has gone away after the fix.

The ford service guys did a good job of diagonising the issue and the experience was pleasant.
Good to know about your experience. How is the mileage, any other major/minor niggles? Like squeaks, windows rolling down etc?

Quote:
Does Ford Figo have 'metal padding' on the back side of the rear passenger seat?
No
Old 28th January 2011, 11:20   #3768
Team-BHP Support

Yesterday I sat at the rear-seats for the first time (a friend had taken its wheel, he occasionally drives a (ahem) Humvee in Bangalore) and the music system's potentiality sounded weak at the back. Doesn't the titanium come with 4 speakers?

(He was happy with the 'box, steering and overall impressed with the Car at this price-point)
Old 28th January 2011, 11:54   #3769
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Yesterday I sat at the rear-seats for the first time (a friend had taken its wheel, he occasionally drives a (ahem) Humvee in Bangalore) and the music system's potentiality sounded weak at the back. Doesn't the titanium come with 4 speakers?

(He was happy with the 'box, steering and overall impressed with the Car at this price-point)
Do a check of "fader" settings in your audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
The Honda never had a diesel engine. Besides, why would diesel in the fuel injection pump alone let out a smell at this rate all fuel pumps and all diesel vehicles should smell..
I know that. I am referring only to Honday New city. Exactly in Jan 2004, one driver was complaining that the car gave a very bad smell and its owner never allowed to park inside his house compoound.

I thought it may be due to lower temperature of the engine. But the engine attains its normal temp after driving 5 to 10 min(There is a certain noise level change after engine reaches its normal temp). The smell goes off after some time less than 5 min. May be due to some fuel combination. Also I felt is it due to the new catalyic converter for Euro norms added in the engine. But still not sure. As said by you, let me also talk to some diesel mechanics.
Old 28th January 2011, 12:04   #3770
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Do a check of "fader" settings in your audio
Err, how to that?

Even my phone isn't getting compatible with the music system, its a samsung touchwiz. PM'ed joethomas regarding this and even his samsung isn't compatible.
Old 28th January 2011, 13:42   #3771
BHPian

@Anilsanil The glass rolling down issue has been there throughout. Gemi's fix works though. Squeaks/Squishy sound were there for couple of days after driving in heavy rains but it vanished after couple of days automatically. No complaints. Reasonable mileage for my daily commute of 70kms(35 kms one way) of around 16-17 kms. Long drives at 19+ at very high speeds. I really like the highways manners of this one.

The thing which I miss most is rear headrests. Planning to get it fixed when i have some time.
Old 28th January 2011, 14:04   #3772
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Anilsanil The glass rolling down issue has been there throughout. Gemi's fix works though. Squeaks/Squishy sound were there for couple of days after driving in heavy rains but it vanished after couple of days automatically. No complaints. Reasonable mileage for my daily commute of 70kms(35 kms one way) of around 16-17 kms. Long drives at 19+ at very high speeds. I really like the highways manners of this one.

The thing which I miss most is rear headrests. Planning to get it fixed when i have some time.

That is a decent mileage and in line with the figures I manage too. Please do update if you manage to get those rear head rests done. I am also planning to add a cushon to driver door side arm rest, so if you are planning/already did it, it would be a good knowledge share :P
Old 29th January 2011, 10:55   #3773
Team-BHP Support

I checked my *fader* settings. They were more biased (me thinks) towards the front as it read F or FR 5. I moved the volume controller ad have put in on zero 0 hoping that it the sound shall equally be distributed via the 4 speakers.
Hope what I have done is correct.
Old 29th January 2011, 11:14   #3774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I checked my *fader* settings. They were more biased (me thinks) towards the front as it read F or FR 5. I moved the volume controller ad have put in on zero 0 hoping that it the sound shall equally be distributed via the 4 speakers.
Hope what I have done is correct.
precisely!! did you not check how the sound is coming? it should be same on all four now
Old 29th January 2011, 22:46   #3775
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

You are correct. I touched 140 max in my last highway drive for a few kms. The car behaved well, but your mileage seems to be very impressive at those speeds. I saw one guy (red titanium) flying on 150 throughout.

Have anyone faced A/c problems. My car suddenly not cooling well after 10k service. Sometimes it starts working normally. Need to visit SC.

Last edited by RGK : 29th January 2011 at 22:48.
Old 30th January 2011, 23:35   #3776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Have anyone faced A/c problems. My car suddenly not cooling well after 10k service. Sometimes it starts working normally. Need to visit SC.
I faced AC problem on my Figo recently.
It suddenly stopped working!
I went to cauvery ford in bangalore, and they said that the AC gas is empty because of some leakage, and they need at least one full day to check the leakage. Since it was already evening when I went and next 2 days were holidays(sankranti weekend), I got the AC filled temporarily to get the AC working and left.
Coming weekend, I got it checked at my dealer(cauvery ford, mysore) and they found that there was indeed a leakage. I could see the underbody with a liquid mixed with some oil kind of substance. I was told the AC evaporator has gone bad and needs to be replaced, under warranty of course!
The reason was apparently vibration in the dashboard, which was a bit hard to believe
They also told ford has instructed them to install dampers to avoid that, and they will be doing it on my car.
They have to remove the dash board completely to install it, so they took 2 days for replacing and testing.
Its been a week since i got it replaced, and havent found any issue with it.
Old 31st January 2011, 00:22   #3777
Senior - BHPian

My figo has ot had any A/c problems yet. But the fusion and fiesta always have problems. If you scrapped the underbody, check if there is any compressor leak.
Old 31st January 2011, 11:39   #3778
BHPian

Need your advice about accident.

Hi Guys, Not sure weather this is the right thread to ask.
Mods, please delete the thread if inappropriate.

I need some help/advice from you guys:

Yesterday, me and my FIGO met with an accident.
I was at a junction (3 roads bifurcation) near Jayanagar(not sure exactly where) and was at the signal. As the signal turned green, I slowly started and out of no where a college kid in his karzima came from the left and banged into my car.

I lost my Left mirror and there were some dents on the left door and a small hole in the front left wheel cap. But no serious damages.
(I’ll try to upload the pics tomorrow)

The kid on the bike along with the pillion rider was driving very fast and they were thrown out onto the road. Luckily, nobody was hurt much except for some small scratches.

We did not want the police complaint hassle.
But, Later after a brief argument, the kids started asking for money.
I argued that they are not supposed to overtake from the left and it was not my fault.But they blabbered something like you did not put the indicator and asked for cash. I politely declined.

They took my mobile number and my car number.
I did the same too. Wife took his bike number.

They might give me a call today or tomorrow.

My question is:
What if they register a complaint against me ?
I know for sure that it was not my fault and moreover they had
overtook from the left side ( I have proof - my car dents on left side )

What if they call and demand for money ?
Sould I budge ?

Can I claim insurance ?

Please help.
Thanks,
nimbleguru.
Old 31st January 2011, 12:23   #3779
Senior - BHPian

Since they had asked for cash you should have reported it at the nearest traffic station. There is always a choice of reporting and making statement that both parties are willing to repair things at their own costs. This would avoid further issues.
Old 31st January 2011, 13:03   #3780
BHPian

Re: Need your advice about accident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbleguru View Post
My question is:
What if they register a complaint against me ?
I know for sure that it was not my fault and moreover they had
overtook from the left side ( I have proof - my car dents on left side )

What if they call and demand for money ?
Sould I budge ?

Can I claim insurance ?

Please help.
Thanks,
nimbleguru.
I don't think they would go through the hassles of lodging a complaint against you. They were just trying to make a quick buck out of your misery. Just calmly refuse to pay them any money if they call you up. Let them take it to court if they want to. They might not even call you up in the first place, unless they are that desperate.

Regarding the insurance claim, of course you can chose to avail it. If the total estimate exceeds your savings from the "No claim bonus" for the next round, then go ahead with the insurance. A new mirror assembly plus the repainting of the left door should come to under 3,500/- if I may guess. So it's your call.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks