Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2011, 16:29   #3736
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane_100 View Post
Has anyone felt the lack of ground clearance in the Figo? I inflate all the tyres to 30 psi and when there are three on board, it scrapes any speed breaker which is slightly bigger than normal. Is this the experience of every one or is it just my feeling since my other car is an Innova and my last car was an Elantra ( which had excellent clearance for a car).
Recommended tyre pressure for a Figo (I drive a petrol) is 32psi.
No problems with scraping bottom for me so far in Bangalore with 2 on board. With 4 people, larger and unscientifically designed speed bumps catch me out.
Old 20th January 2011, 23:09   #3737
Senior - BHPian

With more than 2 people in the car, the recommended tyre pressure is 36 psi in front anf 41 psi in the rear.
Another thing, the mud flaps provided as essential accessories for 2K have started fading in my month old figo. Can other owners check on this?
Old 20th January 2011, 23:49   #3738
BHPian

I have upgraded tyres on my Figo TDCi to Yoko C Drive 185/65 R14 with 32 psi nitrogen for all four tyres. I actually feel the undulations of the road, and I feel a little bouncy on bad patches if I am doing around 30+ kmph speed. Is this normal for the Figo TDCi? Should I change the nitrogen pressure?

Also, if I go over those huge BLR humps at low speed (< 15 kmph), I don't hear any thump/under-belly scraping. But, if speed is above this, I feel something (I doubt it could be mud-flaps) touching the road. Though I try reducing speed most of the times, sometimes I end up getting that unpleasant thump. I do not like going over the humps diagonally, as suggested by some members here. So, any better suggestions to overcome this?
Old 21st January 2011, 10:55   #3739
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
With more than 2 people in the car, the recommended tyre pressure is 36 psi in front anf 41 psi in the rear.
Another thing, the mud flaps provided as essential accessories for 2K have started fading in my month old figo. Can other owners check on this?
what you said is only partially right. 36f and 41r is for fully laden car that is 5 people + boot completely filled up. If you are driving 3-5 people then settle for something in between I generally go for 33 all over because I drive 2-4 people with no luggage.
Old 21st January 2011, 12:10   #3740
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
what you said is only partially right. 36f and 41r is for fully laden car that is 5 people + boot completely filled up. If you are driving 3-5 people then settle for something in between I generally go for 33 all over because I drive 2-4 people with no luggage.
Dont over inflate your cars tyres. Follow what is recommended. You may get more FE in some cases BUT you will damage suspension etc in the long run.
Old 22nd January 2011, 11:42   #3741
BHPian

1000 km update: Crossed 1000 km mark yesterday, i.e. in 20 days.

- Set the tyre pressure at 32 psi. It seems to have solved the problem of scraping and
the ride isn't that bad either.
- The OEM tyres-MRF are just not up to the mark. They simply lack the bite
- Rattling from all the four doors and a little from the glove box - some work for the
mechanics during first service
- The funny problem during ignition, 'a chime and the two indicators lighting up while
cranking' is inconsistent and is a minor irritant.
Old 22nd January 2011, 15:56   #3742
Senior - BHPian

Test drove the Tdci Figo and boy was I impressed. Almost felt as easy to drive as a petrol car. The steering was typical ford, precise, fast and superbly weighted. Interior space was quite good, infact much better than the Punto. The Punto had a better turbo pull but the figo was so linear in its response that it could have easily passed off as just another petrol car. The Punto felt a lot heavier and quite a bit of trouble to drive in the city. The major thing I noticed that not many reviewers have failed to mention, is the impressive and a commanding view of the road in front. Probably I have become used to the small front view along with an obtrusive side view of my Spark, hence I immediately noticed the difference. But this was way better than all the other cars I have test driven recently such as the Punto, Linea, City, swift and the Ford Ikon i regularly drive. Guys whats the best price ex Navi Mumbai, that I can expect for the Titanium Figo? I mean what are the discounts expected?

Last edited by SPARKled : 22nd January 2011 at 15:57.
Old 22nd January 2011, 16:04   #3743
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Probably I have become used to the small front view along with an obtrusive side view of my Spark, hence I immediately noticed the difference. But this was way better than all the other cars I have test driven recently such as the Punto, Linea, City, swift and the Ford Ikon i regularly drive. Guys whats the best price ex Navi Mumbai, that I can expect for the Titanium Figo? I mean what are the discounts expected?
Absolutely the best visibility that I have come across. Gives lot of confidence while driving.
The on-road in Pune is 6.21 Lacs (includes 3rd year extended warranty).
New Mumbai might be more by a few thousand, I guess.

No discounts in this part of India.
Old 22nd January 2011, 16:06   #3744
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
Guys whats the best price ex Navi Mumbai, that I can expect for the Titanium Figo? I mean what are the discounts expected?
I haven't heard of any offers now in January. I got accessories like fog lamps, v-kool sun film and waxoyl polish free since I bought it in December. As per the dealer, they have been discontinued after 31st.
Old 22nd January 2011, 23:07   #3745
BHPian

ford seems to have a good run in kerala.was back after visiting pvs ford for my fiesta service.Their courtesy and the through approach of SA was commendable.They just had flag off ceremony discover india drive.It was revealed that pvs hald sold 8000 figos last year wit kerela accounting for 34% of total country sales(?)
Old 22nd January 2011, 23:26   #3746
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Dont over inflate your cars tyres. Follow what is recommended. You may get more FE in some cases BUT you will damage suspension etc in the long run.
The tyre pressures I said are recommended in the ford manual.
30 psi all around for unladen (Need to check)
36 in front and 41 in rear for laden
Old 23rd January 2011, 00:18   #3747
BHPian

Booked my Figo TDCI Titanium today. Two queries primarily:
1. What are the current offers/freebies?
2. Any alternative to 1100 buck USB adapter cable? (why haven't the manufacurer just put it in the front?)
Old 23rd January 2011, 14:19   #3748
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika View Post
Booked my Figo TDCI Titanium today. Two queries primarily:
1. What are the current offers/freebies?
2. Any alternative to 1100 buck USB adapter cable? (why haven't the manufacurer just put it in the front?)
1. I guess it varies from dealer to dealer. There are people who got some freebies worth 6K or so, also I remember someone getting 3rd year extended warranty as free. Try negotiating with the dealer. You could have squeezed out more if you had booked in December.

2. As of now you might have to buy the Genuine Accessory USB cable, or build one on your own. There is an ownership thread from "Sedate" where he has done it as DIY. 1,100/- is a bit too much for a simple cable to be honest.
Old 23rd January 2011, 21:19   #3749
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
1. I guess it varies from dealer to dealer. There are people who got some freebies worth 6K or so, also I remember someone getting 3rd year extended warranty as free. Try negotiating with the dealer. You could have squeezed out more if you had booked in December.

2. As of now you might have to buy the Genuine Accessory USB cable, or build one on your own. There is an ownership thread from "Sedate" where he has done it as DIY. 1,100/- is a bit too much for a simple cable to be honest.
Thanks Jayded, I wouldn't have taken the Dec offers as there is a reason why the dealers dole it out . Stock clearance is not my favorite place to buy at.
I have talked to the dealer and I will be getting the default package of Mud Flaps and Mats, which I really think should be part of the car anyway. 3rd year warranty is in there too. I hope to push for a reduction in Insurance price though.
USB is a low bandwidth protocol and the cable cannot cost 1100 with the best connectors. And I am sure that its just a way to fleece as the USB could be easily incorporated in the HU faceplate itself.
I will look into the other thread, though if somebody can get the pin configuration on the HU side mapped to USB 4 connectors will help immensely.
Old 24th January 2011, 01:56   #3750
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharika View Post
I have talked to the dealer and I will be getting the default package of Mud Flaps and Mats, which I really think should be part of the car anyway. 3rd year warranty is in there too. I hope to push for a reduction in Insurance price though.
Not sure, but mostly the insurance quoted by the dealer might be a non-negotiable one. Try getting a quote directly from the insurance company rather than through the dealer, I'm sure you can shave off at least 2,000 that way. It worked for me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks