Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2011, 20:07   #3691
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I was offered an extended warranty of approx Rs. 3500 as a freebie while purchase. Wish to know its duration and whether it is expendable
Hi Sheel,

The extended warranty that you will receive is for an additional 1 year over the initial 2 years. As of now there is no option to extend the warranty for the 4th year on the Figo. But it's great you got it as a freebie.

And yeah, if you have children occupying the rear seats, it's better to use the child locks. It can prove dangerous otherwise

Cheers!
Old 11th January 2011, 21:34   #3692
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
The extended warranty that you will receive is for an additional 1 year over the initial 2 years. As of now there is no option to extend the warranty for the 4th year on the Figo.
You mean to say the extended warranty is 2 years (standard) + 1 year as extended and there is no 4th year warranty. i.e. no 2+2 or 2+1+1(even as option), have I got it right?

Quote:
But it's great you got it as a freebie.
I was offered seat-covers to which I declined and said, it would be nice if I got extended warranty to which they obliged (in addition to door-mats and mud-flaps)

Quote:
And yeah, if you have children occupying the rear seats, it's better to use the child locks. It can prove dangerous otherwise
Adults are sometimes bigger nuisance. (Am single though )
Old 12th January 2011, 01:40   #3693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
You mean to say the extended warranty is 2 years (standard) + 1 year as extended and there is no 4th year warranty. i.e. no 2+2 or 2+1+1(even as option), have I got it right?
Yes Sheel, as of now, 3 years is the maximum period for which you get warranty on a brand new Figo. Hope the wait for your car ends soon, cheers!
Old 12th January 2011, 15:09   #3694
BHPian

Been to Auto Expo in Bangalore and My wife wanted to check how comfortable the Figo is, so took her to the Ford stall and she got inside the vehicle. Since then she is asking me to sell my Bolero and buy Figo. The reason is though it is small car, it still is very roomy (she is 5.7"). But I would never like to giveup my Bolero.

Regards,
Rajesh
Old 12th January 2011, 15:14   #3695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500cc View Post
Been to Auto Expo in Bangalore and My wife wanted to check how comfortable the Figo is, so took her to the Ford stall and she got inside the vehicle. Since then she is asking me to sell my Bolero and buy Figo. The reason is though it is small car, it still is very roomy (she is 5.7"). But I would never like to giveup my Bolero.

Regards,
Rajesh

Lets strike a deal, I will give you my figo and you give me your Bolero

Figo is a tempting car especially if one is crazy about space in the front. My wife is 5'8" and this played a big role in buying Figo, she felt the most comfortable in Figo of all the cars we tried
Old 12th January 2011, 21:07   #3696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
It is available for both the rear doors, yes.

If we are concerned about safety of kids, then we will have to get down and open.

On hind thought, say there is a locking mechanism (aks old marutis where you have a knob) is that fool proof? The kid can easily learn to unlock it, no?

This has been discussed to death before, just check!
Can this issue be addressed if a device like autocop be fitted on the figo?
Old 12th January 2011, 21:14   #3697
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Can this issue be addressed if a device like autocop be fitted on the figo?
No idea, but it should not.

BTW autocop has released its figo version recently would cost you ~ 3000 (may be even less) in pune.

source: the after market accessories guy!!
Old 12th January 2011, 21:47   #3698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
BTW autocop has released its figo version recently would cost you ~ 3000 (may be even less) in pune. source: the after market accessories guy!!
Hey thats good news. Any idea which model is this and is this available in Bangalore?
Old 12th January 2011, 22:50   #3699
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Yes Sheel, as of now, 3 years is the maximum period for which you get warranty on a brand new Figo. Hope the wait for your car ends soon, cheers!
Sir, I got my Figo on 1-1-'11

Have seen some 650kms since. Took her to the first proper driving today over a series of switch-backs on back-roads and the chassis was a delight. She tracked true w/o any hint of body-roll and the steering was a delight. Happy with my purchase.
Old 13th January 2011, 10:56   #3700
BHPian

Had a weird problem with my Figo. A couple of days ago, the pick-up dropped drastically (by atleast 70%) for about 10 minutes when I refueled (at this point the DTE was showing 35) and then it was back to normal. During the time the pick-up was down, the car's rear part was vibrating as if it was accelerated intermittently.

During this entire episode, the DTE did not increase inspite of refueling. The 'Engine problem light' on the dashboard was also ON during this period. I turned the car off a few times and restarted and then the pick-up, 'Engine Problem Light' and DTE were back to normal. There have been no problems since.

Any ideas why this happened? Am taking it for a check over the weekend.

Last edited by Snazzy : 13th January 2011 at 10:58.
Old 13th January 2011, 12:03   #3701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazzy View Post
Had a weird problem with my Figo. A couple of days ago, the pick-up dropped drastically (by atleast 70%) for about 10 minutes when I refueled (at this point the DTE was showing 35) and then it was back to normal. During the time the pick-up was down, the car's rear part was vibrating as if it was accelerated intermittently.

During this entire episode, the DTE did not increase inspite of refueling. The 'Engine problem light' on the dashboard was also ON during this period. I turned the car off a few times and restarted and then the pick-up, 'Engine Problem Light' and DTE were back to normal. There have been no problems since.

Any ideas why this happened? Am taking it for a check over the weekend.
If you are driving your vehicle with very low fuel, this may happen.

I am not too sure but I am guessing may be it is some problem with fuel pump, may be the fuel was not able to reach it? Lower DTE means the fuel was not sensed, and loss in pick up means fuel is not reaching the engine. So may be this was due to running on low fuel. If you were not, then get your vehicle checked!!
Old 13th January 2011, 14:10   #3702
BHPian

Anilisanil, The car was low on fuel but the problem started only when I refueled. I refueled and started the car but the DTE was still showing 35 and the 'Engine Problem Light' started glowing. There were jerks/vibrations from the rear and pick-up was very low.
10 minutes and a few switch off and starts later, all was normal.
Old 13th January 2011, 15:16   #3703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazzy View Post
Anilisanil, The car was low on fuel but the problem started only when I refueled. I refueled and started the car but the DTE was still showing 35 and the 'Engine Problem Light' started glowing. There were jerks/vibrations from the rear and pick-up was very low.
10 minutes and a few switch off and starts later, all was normal.
As I said I am not too sure, but seemingly there was problem with fuel supply, may be a vapor lock?? But since the problem has rectified itself, I guess you have nothing to worry. Do talk to your service center.

regarding rear jerks/vibrations, even I feel them but they were never associated with loss in pick up. Any idea why the rear jerks like this? It as if someone caught the car from behind and shaking it vigorously!!

Also, I have observed that during lower gears in b2b traffic, when I am driving with clutch and brake, I have this feeling of acceleration while braking, is this normal?

Initially I thought I will have to settle with the car, but it's not like that, it happens all the time only in first and second gears (may be I don't observe it otherwise)
Old 13th January 2011, 23:03   #3704
Senior - BHPian

crossed 5K km. Lots of squeaks and noise. All of them only on bad roads. On Highways, the car is absolutely smooth. Getting an average of 18-19kpl. No other problems.
BTW I have been unable to find any details about the autographix sun film that I installed.
Old 15th January 2011, 12:08   #3705
BHPian

Having driven Figo for almost 1 month during my annual vacation, i came across the following issues.

1) Couple of time fan happens to continue working even after switching off the ignition.
2) Rattling sound from the Corner which got rectified from the Ford service station.
3) Brakes got jammed while moving slowly in the first gear.

Is those issues a common thing among figo owners?

Iam curious to know about the solutions.

Thanks
Highway patrol

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks