Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2011, 16:05   #3661

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazzy View Post
Got another query. The owner's manual recommends tyre pressure of 36 and 41 for a laden car. I maintain it at 34 and 38 (same for all situations solo driving and laden). Is this okay? Please advice.
I maintain 32-34 for all situations.Worked fine thus far
Old 6th January 2011, 19:25   #3662
RGK
Senior - BHPian

@ajith - lesser pressure may give a good feel of road grip, but there is chance of lesser tire mileage. If the car is going to take 4 adults + kids, better to stick as per the manuals. I keep 35 & 40 for better GC even though there is slight decrease in smoothness of the ride quality.
Old 7th January 2011, 02:02   #3663
BHPian

Many people have warned me in the past to stay away from all fords because as soon as they sell a specific no. of units, they discontinue their products (at least in India) and so one faces many problems for spares, etc, dont know how true this is thou.
Now, what I am concerned about is -

1.) Figo is based on the old fiesta hatch mark V AFAIK so it doesnt seem like its going to stay for a long time, in the sense that ford just wanted to create a temp car for sales, but I really dont want to believe this as I am planning to buy this car

2.) Mustang earlier said not to expect any special/1.6 edition until they have sold 100,000 units, what if they discontinue the figo all together or bring in the new fiesta hatch calling it a figo facelift after that?!

Also, my requirements are of a petrol but the only reason I was planning to go for diesel was that the 1.2 is neither powerful nor F.E, what is it then?! should I wait till they have sold 100000 models for the 1.6 if its confirmed (as GTO said he knows for sure it might come)? AFAIK they have sold 60000 figos I dont think they would complete 100000 till near 2011 end.

Pleas help clearing my doubts!
The only thing stopping me from buying this is I know its based on an old platform, and we are getting this 3 yrs later than developed countries! (wish I didnt know that now !)
Thanks
Old 7th January 2011, 08:58   #3664
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Updated my thread on carpet mat flooring and also the service woes. The service centre has taken the car now. Hope they did not tamper anything and only solve the windshield problem once for all...
Old 7th January 2011, 09:59   #3665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
I

So while there may not be any more damage for the engine that is used to for shorter lengths, running it in temperature ranges which are less than its designed optimum temperatures may lead to sub optimum performance like decrease in pick up and lesser mileage per liter than the engine that works in the optimum temperature range.

Hope this helped!!
Thanks Anil.
Based on the above, it appears that for all such trips FE will be poor, but there would be no damage to the car components such as the engine.
This is still not a bad situation as I see, because even with 40% less FE, due to lower cost of diesel, the final per KM cost would be comparable to a petrol car's per km cost (e.g. Ritz).
Plus highway trips will then tilt the balance back towards the Figo diesel as I see (~20 km/lit).

I am now exploring some alternatives to Figo and am considering Beat and Ritz at the moment.
On road, Ritz Zxi would be around 5.6 lacs (which is around 40-50K more than Figo diesel).
Old 7th January 2011, 13:24   #3666
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoriginal9321 View Post
Pleas help clearing my doubts!
The only thing stopping me from buying this is I know its based on an old platform, and we are getting this 3 yrs later than developed countries! (wish I didnt know that now !)
Thanks
Your doubts are understandable. However I would advise you to wait Till April 2011 when Toyota Etios Liva is going to be launched. It is expected to come with relatively better (torquey) petrol engine and of course it is new model and will serve you well for long.
Old 7th January 2011, 13:27   #3667
Senior - BHPian

Here are the details in the loose air inake pipe i found on my TDCi.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2200660

I have a feeling its the same thing that RGK found

Last edited by gemithomas : 7th January 2011 at 13:33.
Old 7th January 2011, 14:44   #3668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
On road, Ritz Zxi would be around 5.6 lacs (which is around 40-50K more than Figo diesel).
Are you sure about that ? Because in may the Figo diesel Titanium was 5,97,000 OTR Pune, while the Ritz OTR was 5.6-20k odd with discounts.
Old 7th January 2011, 15:15   #3669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Are you sure about that ? Because in may the Figo diesel Titanium was 5,97,000 OTR Pune, while the Ritz OTR was 5.6-20k odd with discounts.
Oops.. it should be 40K more *FOR* Figo, instead of " *than* Figo.

My apologies.
I must say, Figo is very good value for money.
Old 7th January 2011, 18:23   #3670
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Here are the details in the loose air inake pipe i found on my TDCi.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2200660

I have a feeling its the same thing that RGK found
Exactly Gemi.. This was the same thing I corrected.. Updated your thread. Thanks for very clear photos and text..

Figo owners can read your post and do a self check (when the engine compartment is cool) and update here.
Old 7th January 2011, 18:50   #3671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Figo owners can read your post and do a self check (when the engine compartment is cool) and update here.
As updated in Gemi's thread, the air intake if firmly intact in my car. No abnormal shakes there. My car's odo will be touching 4,000 Kms by tomorrow.
Old 7th January 2011, 20:06   #3672
BANNED

I test drove the Figo yesterday. The Sales person told me that in Figo, the Clutch does not have a cable but works on some electronic sensor! And same with Accelerator. I asked him if Accelerator is Drive-By-Wire, he said no it works on a Sensor!

Is this true?
Old 7th January 2011, 20:53   #3673
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNSEL View Post
I test drove the Figo yesterday. The Sales person told me that in Figo, the Clutch does not have a cable but works on some electronic sensor! And same with Accelerator. I asked him if Accelerator is Drive-By-Wire, he said no it works on a Sensor!

Is this true?
wow!! this is heights!! it is one such guy who told and hence sold "turbo charged" petrol ritz to an acquaintance of mine.

This is bull crap in its purest manifestation!!!
Old 8th January 2011, 02:50   #3674
BHPian

wow, looks like the figo won car of the year and premium compact car of the year on autocar awards!
Link - Autocar India Awards 2011 | Autocar India
Congrats all Figo owners!! Ford also made it as the manufacturer of the year!

However, I was hoping (secretly) to see polo as the premium hatch, figo doesnt really scream premium but I guess it'll have to do for now!
Old 8th January 2011, 08:17   #3675
BHPian

Issue? while cranking up

I have my Diamond White diesel titanium with me for a week. Took delivery on 31st of December. I'm thoroughly enjoying my Figo, the ride and handling is a revelation and I get a dejavu now and then of my old Ikon 1.6.

Now, I don't know if this is an issue or paranoia but I wanted to get it sorted nevertheless. Figo owners would be familiar with the immobilizer and the remote entry that comes standard with the Car. As you are aware, when the ignition is turned on (before cranking the engine) there are 4-5 chimes and then it stops. But I've been observing from last evening (now I'm not sure if this was the case from the first day ) that when the engine is cranked up, the handbrake and the ABS indicator lights up for a fraction of a second along with one chime and then disappears. After that there hasn't been any issue while driving and the lights don't come on while the engine is on.

So some one please clear the air as to whether this is normal behaviour or an issue that needs immediate attention . Sorry for the long and confusing post.

OT, One Request to Mods: Can we have an official issue logging and resolution thread for all the models on sale here? Just like the official reviews section? This would ensure collection of all issues reported for a specific model and their resolution at one place.

Regards,
Octane

Last edited by octane_100 : 8th January 2011 at 08:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks