Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2010, 16:42   #3586
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
What do you need to do? WOuld be very interesting.
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dsc04866.jpg

Here i did it!!

Details on my ownership report.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ms-report.html

Last edited by anilisanil : 26th December 2010 at 16:48.
Old 27th December 2010, 00:47   #3587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Ok this is here but i got some shocking news today only.

One of my colleagues gave me some good news & some bad news from Chennai

The Bad part First : The New Fiesta sedan 'MAYNOT' be launching in India next year, ie: Dont expect the fiesta sedan in 2011. This decision is nearly 80% confirmed according to him & he says that this decision was taken as the current fiesta is already selling in good nos.

The Good Part : Expect The Fiesta Hatch to be launched next year & extensive testing has now started again. It will be launched after Q2 next year.
Hi, even thou this is an old post and sorry if you have answered this ques already, but have you got any other updates since then on the FIESTA HATCH, as I am a confused hatch buyer.
Thanks in advance
Old 27th December 2010, 15:39   #3588
BHPian

Finally made up my mind and paid a booking amount to Bhavna Ford for a Figo Diesel, Titanium. The VIN # he says is AM30269 and also adds that its a 29th oct car at their stockyard.

Should i go for it? If not i have a price rise staring at me in the face or alternatively book a polo now (with price protection) and get a 2011 car.
Old 27th December 2010, 15:53   #3589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij4all View Post
Finally made up my mind and paid a booking amount to Bhavna Ford for a Figo Diesel, Titanium. The VIN # he says is AM30269 and also adds that its a 29th oct car at their stockyard.

Should i go for it? If not i have a price rise staring at me in the face or alternatively book a polo now (with price protection) and get a 2011 car.

your car is a july 2010 manufactured from the VIN number. Decide accordingly.

An October manufactured car will have VIN series- ARXXXXX as the series. Cheers!
Old 27th December 2010, 16:17   #3590
BHPian

Thanks Anil and how does one know that?
Old 27th December 2010, 16:49   #3591

Quote:
Originally Posted by vij4all View Post
Test drove the Figo 1.4 titanium yesterday. The car literally flies but I found it a tad lower than usual. I'm 6'2 and I had to push back the seat to make myself comfortable but the funny part is i almost reach the B pillar doing so. Was reminded of my zen which we had a decade ago.

I'm being offered the titanium at 6.34 less insurance (20k) = 6.14 on road + 3rd year warranty free + seat covers free. Seems a good deal but I'm confused again between the swift and the titanium only from a seating perspective.
Hi All,
I am new to this forum.
Looking at Vij's confusion,it reminded me of my confusion & why i purchased FIGO.BTW, i own a FIGO TDCI,ZXi version & I am 6'3 feet tall.have driven around 10K in the last 5 months.have tested it in "ALMOST" every condition in south india.Incase VIj , you haven't bought a car yet, let me see if the following criterias help you........Prior to Figo i owned a 1.6 IKON for 5 yrs ( a cracker of a JOSH machine)..I fell in love with the FORD DNA and primary USP which is ride & handling.I am a speed freak and love tight corners, ...so while i was looking for a change of car, i looked back at FORD for only this USP.
1)i beleived that coming from the FORD stable the figo would live upto its mark & believe me, this car just ROCKS.its a car which will have its tyres firmly planted on the road how much ever you try to push it around corners.It gives you a race car feel.Also on bad roads, I feel the suspension is very well tuned and if you want to test it, pls go ahead, just one caution : tell all your passengers to wear seat belt ( the experience as a backseat driver is really positive when the seat belt is worn).
2) The next factor was height & leg space. how i tested this was,with my driving seat position adjusted, how comfortable is somebody of my own height sitting behind me...and with all apple to apple comparisons done in a similar manner with competition, FIGO beats the rest out (Punto,Polo,Swift).Surprisingly try this out ( the best in affordable class here is TATA NANO)
3) Second last but not least :1.4 TDCi.Well proven fiesta powertrain.Mileage on good roads maintaining 100-130 is roughly 20.5.The average mileage , the worst i have got is 18kmpl.
4) LAST but never the LEAST : money factor, the above package was not too heavy on my purse.6L on road in bangalore.
Setting these four criterias it was very easy to narrow down according to me, the only option left was FIGO TDcI.
Trust,you have your requirements laid out in a similar manner, it makes choosing or narrowing down a little more easy. ALL this done, you still have to get an OK from the HOME MINISTER, the final VETO authority.
Hope this helps you.
Best Wishes
Ajith.
Old 27th December 2010, 23:17   #3592
BHPian

Guys, Will increasing the tyre size (sidewall only) to increase GC void the warranty? Plan to retain the original rim size with an upsize of sidewall only. Am getting Apollos. Please advice.
Old 28th December 2010, 20:30   #3593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazzy View Post
Guys, Will increasing the tyre size (sidewall only) to increase GC void the warranty? Plan to retain the original rim size with an upsize of sidewall only. Am getting Apollos. Please advice.
I had asked this question specifically during my TD and I was told this would void the warranty. Of course this was SA talk and I didnt pursue it further at that time.
Old 29th December 2010, 00:40   #3594
Senior - BHPian

Small doubt.
Autocar review says that the back seat folds to form a flat bed. But in my Figo, there still is a bump at the base of the seat. Also the seat back is not flat, but has an uneven surface (springs or struts or something). Thus putting a heavy weight on the seat back may damage the seat.
And why is there no hardboard covering the stepney? Only a carpet over the tyre.
First service done today at 3360km for ~Rs. 1400/-. Started opening her up. Touched speedo 140kph.
Old 29th December 2010, 08:01   #3595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Small doubt.
Autocar review says that the back seat folds to form a flat bed. But in my Figo, there still is a bump at the base of the seat. Also the seat back is not flat, but has an uneven surface (springs or struts or something). Thus putting a heavy weight on the seat back may damage the seat.
And why is there no hardboard covering the stepney? Only a carpet over the tyre.
First service done today at 3360km for ~Rs. 1400/-. Started opening her up. Touched speedo 140kph.
I am not sure if you are folding the seats the right way. You should flip forward the base and then fold down the back-rest. But yeah, it might not be a perfect flat bed. And also as you mentioned, the seat back do have rods running across the width which makes things difficult. As for me, what I do is, once I flip the seats, I move the bootmat over the seat back so that it is protected to an extent.

I'm linking a picture from the official T-Jet review thread to illustrate the steps in folding, please ignore if you already follow this method

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2109962

And regarding the stepney cover, are you sure it's just the carpet, since mine has a hard cardboard embedded inside the carpet.

Last edited by jayded : 29th December 2010 at 08:03.
Old 29th December 2010, 11:41   #3596
Senior - BHPian

i do flip over the seat base. most cars i've seen have a hardboard with a carpet over it.
Old 29th December 2010, 12:24   #3597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
i do flip over the seat base. most cars i've seen have a hardboard with a carpet over it.
Mine is a Figo ZXi, and it does have the hardboard below the carpet. I'm pretty sure every Figo should be having it. Kindly get it checked if absent.
Old 29th December 2010, 13:45   #3598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Mine is a Figo ZXi, and it does have the hardboard below the carpet. I'm pretty sure every Figo should be having it. Kindly get it checked if absent.

That is interesting, I dont have any hard board underneath the boot carpet!! Can others confirm??
Old 29th December 2010, 13:53   #3599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
That is interesting, I dont have any hard board underneath the boot carpet!! Can others confirm??
Sorry if I sounded misleading guys!
What I meant was the stepney cover is not just a carpet but does have some hard material (like cardboard) "embedded" inside for rigidity. Its not too flimsy. We will not be able to see any separate board once you lift the carpet.

Its a single solid (not too tough though!) board above the stepney, and NOT just the thin carpet material over the stepney

I hope I am clear now.
Old 30th December 2010, 23:21   #3600
Senior - BHPian

The edges are floppy. and there is a dicky mat over it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks