Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2010, 18:09   #3556
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Need some help here. From a couple of days i feel the pickup has come down and the steering appears a bit tight. Any specific reason for this please?

I spoke to Lathangi Ford and they asked me to bring the car so that they can examine it and rectify if there is an issue...If i were to compare the PS of an i10 with the figo, the i10 steering is extremely light...

Last edited by GTO : 22nd December 2010 at 11:31. Reason: Correcting spellings. Please PROOF-READ before hitting the post submit button
Old 20th December 2010, 18:23   #3557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Need some help here. From a couple of days i feel the pickup has come down and the streering appears a bit tight. Any specific reason for this please?

I spoke to Lathangi Ford and they asked me to bring the car so that they can examine it and rectify if there is an issue...If i were to compare the PS of an i10 with the figo, the i10 streeing is extremely light...
If you are comparing steering at parking speeds, i10 has got WAY light steering when compared to Figo. So if your observations are based on that then may be you should not worry.

When you are saying pick-up has come down with a tight steering, may be you should indeed pay a visit to the SC. How are the parking brakes and the braking behaviour? Does the MID show any error lamps? Keep us posted!
Old 20th December 2010, 18:30   #3558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
If you are comparing steering at parking speeds, i10 has got WAY light steering when compared to Figo. So if your observations are based on that then may be you should not worry.

When you are saying pick-up has come down with a tight steering, may be you should indeed pay a visit to the SC. How are the parking brakes and the braking behaviour? Does the MID show any error lamps? Keep us posted!
I am comparing steering when in motion. Parking brakes are ok and no error lamps glow! I was told if there is oil discharge or leakage the PS at times becomes hard to steer!

Last edited by GTO : 22nd December 2010 at 11:31. Reason: Correcting spellings. Please PROOF-READ before hitting the post submit button
Old 20th December 2010, 18:33   #3559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am comparing steering when in motion. Parking breaks are ok and no error lamps glow! I was told if there is oil discharge or leakage the PS at times becomes hard to steer!
'
Did you check under the bonnet for the PS oil level? you can easily do that. If the oil level is OK then the leakage part can be ruled out, but heavy steering should not result in a loss in pick up! Anyway do visit the service center and let us know!
Old 20th December 2010, 20:10   #3560
BHPian

Quote:
Need some help here. From a couple of days i feel the pickup has come down and the streering appears a bit tight. Any specific reason for this please?
I have the exact same problem.

Pickup is fine initially, but when the car warms up the pickup drops.
Steering is tight in mine too. It became like that after I dropped it for a checkup in the Ford dealership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
I have 33 in all tyres which I check every fortnight.

My daily commute has some normal to bad traffic for 8-10 kms and highway run for 7-9 kms and ugly bad traffic for 3-4 kms. Total being 20-22 kms for one side.

I started off at around 13-15 kmpl which improved to 16-17 kmpl after first service. This is the first time I ran w/o much a/c usage and I do attribute a bit of mileage for that :P
I drive in the the similar configuration. Tires at 35 psi.
Commute : 3KM medium traffic ; 5KM smooth stretch ; 2KM heavy traffic. Total 10KM for one side.

I guess since my commute is only half - I'm blessed that way.

Last edited by Brix : 20th December 2010 at 20:13.
Old 20th December 2010, 20:26   #3561
Senior - BHPian

^^ it does take quite some time for the engine to heat up. Mine starts at around 34 degrees and i will have to drive for at least 4-5 kms before its reaches 75-80 degrees (its optimum?) so if you stop before it is heated up, then you end up at lower kmpl, another reason why diesels are recommended only if you have higher mileage per day!
Old 20th December 2010, 22:16   #3562
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Brix - Pune is definitely better place to drive than chennai. So more mileage.... That too chennai roads at its worst.

Anil - how do you calculate the temp. Do you have the temp gauge. Ashok leylands' diesels are famous for better pickup once it reaches its optimum temperature. It was confirmed by many professionals especially by Bus drivers when volvo's are not introduced.
My answer is - diesel technology works on eng compression producing high temp and may one of the reasons. Gurus can correct or comment...
Old 20th December 2010, 22:21   #3563
Senior - BHPian

^^ I can see it on the figo's odo, no extra device needed :P.

(no i am not rajnikant )
Old 21st December 2010, 10:45   #3564
BHPian

Hello All, Finally booked a Figo Titanium, Petrol, at Metro Ford. Its going to be a red one as found the other colours a tad dull (Squeez is too bright for my taste). Will be getting the car by 29th December 2010.

Discounts/Accessories promised by the dealer -
7k off from the OTR price
Fog Lamps
Sun film (3M)
3rd year warranty
Mats, mud flaps and the usual

Is this a good deal or is there anything else I can ask for?

Thanks all fellow TBHPians for your advice and help.
Old 21st December 2010, 17:11   #3565
BHPian

welcome to the figo club. Check if you can get a usb cable as well, it is useful
Old 21st December 2010, 17:28   #3566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
welcome to the figo club. Check if you can get a usb cable as well, it is useful
USB cable is useful if you do not have a smart phone with bluetooth. Otherwise you can very well stream music with your smartphone's bluetooth ADAP!
Old 21st December 2010, 20:21   #3567
BHPian

^^ I am a bit confused, are you saying that Figo's instrument console also gives engine temperature reading?
Old 21st December 2010, 20:53   #3568
Senior - BHPian

^^ yes it does!! details will be in my ownership report coming shortly.
Old 22nd December 2010, 10:20   #3569
BHPian

Morning All, My Figo which is expected on 29th December 2010 comes with Apollo tyres. Have read in a few blogs that Apollo tyres on Figo have s a problem. Can any of the Figo owners who have Apollo tyres please confirm this?
Old 22nd December 2010, 10:26   #3570
Senior - BHPian

Not sure about the situation now, but back then dealers voluntarily replaced appollos for a batch of cars and never delivered with appollos for sometime. There were some issues with car veering towards left/right.

So to avoid any uneccessary drama, talk to your dealer and get the lowly MRFs or the sad Bridgestones!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks