Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2010, 16:16   #3541
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazzy View Post
No front bumper – A slight frontal impact damages the radiator. Don’t know whether fitting an extra accessory frontal bumper (like the ones a few Swift’s and i10 have) will solve this problem. It has a proper bumper at the front but the radiator is too close. It's at the back that it has an almost non-existant bumper.
3. Paint falling off – Yes its true, many owners have said the paint just falls off leaving behind dark gaps. Maybe it's a case with one batch of white Figos. There is a thread here with the said problem and also i've seen a white Figo here in Chennai with the same problem
5. GC problems. It's true but it won't be problem if you are a carefull driver.
Please see my answers in bold.
Old 15th December 2010, 18:17   #3542
BHPian

@Snazzy

Polo - You get what you pay for.

Figo - You get what you pay for.

Only difference is the price. If that is a negligible parameter, go for Polo.
Price was paramount for me that so I went for the Figo. And I got what I paid for - Absolute value.

If you want a Polo for a Figo price, you either have to go for the second-hand route or steal one.
Old 16th December 2010, 08:42   #3543
BHPian

IMHO the polo is overpriced. Polo diesel topend money can get also you an i20 or a Punto 90Hp or a Fiesta/Verna lowend version which are much better cars for me. The Figo tdci engine is also actually better than the polo's in terms of drivability/refinement and it's a 4 cyclinder too.

No point in comparing with Polos outside india which come with better engine options .

Last edited by vishnurp99 : 16th December 2010 at 08:43.
Old 16th December 2010, 09:18   #3544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Welcome to the confused state of a hatch buyer
Thats some real good analysis.

Quote:
As suggested by a fellow T-BHPian, pasting my comments on this thread.
I had almost zeroed in on the FIGO but thinking about backing off from booking it due to the below issues which were highlighted on a few discussion forums.
1. No front bumper – A slight frontal impact damages the radiator. Don’t know whether fitting an extra accessory frontal bumper (like the ones a few Swift’s and i10 have) will solve this problem.
2. Worries about Figo’s safety information is not available anywhere. Ritz has an NCAP safety rating of 4/5 but no idea about Figo. Not sure if Ford has heavily compromised on the structural and functional quality of the car in order to cut costs.
3. Paint falling off – Yes its true, many owners have said the paint just falls off leaving behind dark gaps.
4. Tyres too weak or getting damaged within 2-3 months
5. GC problems.

Have any of the Figo owners so far faced such problems? I am really impressed but the Figo otherwise.
Guys, please help me make the right choice. This is my first car in India aftre 4 years.
1. HAve you seen the rear bumpers!!!
You are right. You touch it some where and you surely would loose some money.

2. A better NCAP rating would surely not make any car safer. I all depends on the impact.

3. Thank god i still have the paint in place. The same happens on our 4 year old Fusion though. Paint starts peeling off at the edges.

4. HAve done close to 15K on the accelere that came on mine. Going good till now.

5 GC is an issue if you are running on below 30 psi in your tyres. If you are running the with OEM mudflaps in full length you surely would break it off sometime or the other. If you miss a hump you will scrape your bottom. Thats for sure.
Old 16th December 2010, 09:38   #3545
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post

2. A better NCAP rating would surely not make any car safer. I all depends on the impact.
A car with a higher NCAP rating would handle the same impact better than one with a lower rating. So it does make a car SAFER.
Old 16th December 2010, 11:17   #3546
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2. Worries about Figo’s safety information is not available anywhere. Ritz has an NCAP safety rating of 4/5 but no idea about Figo. Not sure if Ford has heavily compromised on the structural and functional quality of the car in order to cut costs.
Figo (top version) has a 5 star Euro NCAP rating since its the same as 2003 Euro Fiesta hatch. THis has already been discussed on the forum.
Old 16th December 2010, 11:17   #3547
BHPian

@Brix, No point in comparing Polo with Figo. Both are 2 completely different offerings. But Figo being in almost the same price band as Ritz (about 35k cheaper and minus a few horses, steering controls and rear PWs), expecting it to have a similar safety rating of Ritz is fair enough, I think.

@Gemithomas, @Daewood, Thanks for your comments.

Agree with bblost, a better NCAP rating makes a car safer.

BTW, why is Ford not disclosing the NCAP/safety rating for Figo? Have searched for it quite a bit with no luck.
Old 16th December 2010, 11:58   #3548
Senior - BHPian

^^ Euro NCAP rating is for cars sold in (western?) Europe. Figo is not sold in those countries and hence no one would test it for us there!

Whichever car that has Euro NCAP market is because the car is sold there. Ritz is called Splash in European markets, and hence the NCAP ratings for that.

Which trim of Figo are you planning to buy?
Old 16th December 2010, 12:22   #3549
BHPian

@anilisanil, Plan to go for Figo Petrol Titanium. Agree with you on the NCAP being done for cars sold in Europe. Dint know that Figo is made exclusively for India.
Pardon my ignorance, is there any such safety ratings in India? Been out for sometime and dont know too much about the Indian auto market.
Old 16th December 2010, 18:45   #3550
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Figo Petrol or Diesel - Titanium is a good package for the price paid. . Really donot know about the mileage of petrol.
As said already, Tyres do not have any problems. GC issues are there in other cars as well. So need to be bit extra careful.

Even though the A-S-S is not good (may be some cases), you wont go wrong with the car.
Old 16th December 2010, 22:46   #3551
Senior - BHPian

I've driven my figo in very rough conditions and non existent roads for the past week, and have never once scraped the bottom. Perhaps it's due to the F-36;R-41 psi that i'm using. I figured that for the first 5-10K, running in would be helped by destressing the engine with higher tyre pressure.
Old 18th December 2010, 14:12   #3552
Senior - BHPian

mileage update

current odo: 8046
trip odo: 678
full tank to full tank volume: 35
DTE at refill: 78
mileage: 19.37 kmpl
driving: completely in city with 50% being b2b traffic
a/c on 20% of the time.
pump used BP!

I have observed that Shell returns me lesser mileage- wonder why?
Old 19th December 2010, 22:40   #3553
BHPian

Hi all

Wanted to know whether such kind of thing is being used in the Figo's engine.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...cs-pg-3-a.html
Old 20th December 2010, 08:39   #3554
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
mileage update

mileage: 19.37 kmpl
driving: completely in city with 50% being b2b traffic
a/c on 20% of the time.
pump used BP!
Bejeesus ! How are you getting that much mileage? The most I can crank out is 15kmpl.

What are your PSI for the tires?
Whats your daily commute?
Old 20th December 2010, 11:57   #3555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Bejeesus ! How are you getting that much mileage? The most I can crank out is 15kmpl.

What are your PSI for the tires?
Whats your daily commute?

I have 33 in all tyres which I check every fortnight.

My daily commute has some normal to bad traffic for 8-10 kms and highway run for 7-9 kms and ugly bad traffic for 3-4 kms. Total being 20-22 kms for one side.

I started off at around 13-15 kmpl which improved to 16-17 kmpl after first service. This is the first time I ran w/o much a/c usage and I do attribute a bit of mileage for that :P

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks