Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2010, 22:35   #3376
BHPian

Go Lathangi Bodyshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrisarkar View Post
Got an ugly dent and scratch this morning on my way to office. It was partially my mistake as I misjudged the gap between a stationary truck parked in the wrong side of the road and an incoming bike.

Below is the shot of the scratch. I took the Figo to Lathangi's body shop (which is miles away from the city) during the lunch time and they quoted a price of 7k!
I told them that I need time to decide and took the car back. On the way I asked a local garage and they quoted 4k after some bargaining.
Now I'm in a kind of dilemma about where to take it. I can claim insurance and take it to the dealer or cough up 4k at the local garage.

Attachment 443925

I highly recomment Lathangi Bodyshop, they have this machine for tinkering and there is not much manual Job. The result is to be seen to believe. Forget the age old tinkering methods, even if it costs 2k more.

I got something done recently, there was heavy dent in the door apart from the metal TEAR, look at the pics. The result is to be seen to believe.

The work done was 5 star (*****) and exceeds all my expectation. Hence I recommend them based on my experience. I claimed insurance and got paid for full minus std exclusion and it was cashless too (Bajaj alliance).

If you are going for Insuranc Claim, reach early (around 10ish) and go with all papers (copy of insurance, DL, RC book), things get approved on spot.

I know they are miles away (for me too) but thats a small nuisance for all the worthy work.

How it happened -- Thanks to great bull bars of Sumo,who jumped lanes on highway. I have my first ever insurance claim in 12+ yrs of legal driving.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-image311.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-image310.jpg  

Last edited by ownerofazkaban : 29th October 2010 at 22:41.
Old 30th October 2010, 10:52   #3377
BHPian

And the fix, observe the fine curves restored fully on the door along the handle and the fender.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-image317.jpg  

Old 30th October 2010, 20:46   #3378
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by english View Post
Got it replaced after my first ride at night. I was really scary to drive with the stock on highway. I had a philips rally 130W one in my previous car, and it was amazing, except the heat that build up.
Considered philips to osram, from reviews that the later doesnt last long,not that reliable and no good on wet road. Paid 1.2K, 600 less to night breaker.
Seems good, but never ever can compete with the rally one
RGK, regarding the cabin noise, do check the sealant on the ORVMs, if they are not properly fixed, that could allow air to blow in. Service guys mess it up sometimes.
Thanks for info. Coincidently I bought Philips extreme H4 xp today from Mahavir cars - an authorised dealer for philips products.
Need to fix tomorrow. It is an easy job. Heard from them that most car owners upgrade to philips only.
When I searched in net, I found the bulbs are shipped from China and seems to be more costly than in India. The one I got was made in germany and the cost is 1150/-.
Let me check the OVRM's fitment.

@ownerofazkaban - No doubt that is a job neatly done.
Old 30th October 2010, 21:46   #3379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Thanks for info. Coincidently I bought Philips extreme H4 xp today from Mahavir cars .
The one I got is german. They fixed it for me. Its easy, but for the right hand side, you need to remove the coolant box, you could have asked them to fix it.

Do lets know how much difference you see when driving.
Old 31st October 2010, 14:47   #3380
Senior - BHPian

Just upgraded to alloys. Tyres remain OE. Brand : neo.
Price: 13.5 k w/o bill or 15 k with bill opted for bill.

Let pics do the talking.
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dsc04323.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dsc04325.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dsc04327.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dsc04328.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dsc04326.jpg
Old 31st October 2010, 20:48   #3381
Senior - BHPian

^^ @anilsanil those alloys look great, wasnt sure of one thing are those spokes steel-shine finished or are they mat finished.
They must be looking great when the car is on the move, was that done along with tire upgrade?
Old 31st October 2010, 21:19   #3382
Senior - BHPian

^^ thanks mate!!!

It is complete matt finish (they are not shine finished at least :P)

The grey patches under the red lip give an optical illusion of rotation in opp dir!

No vit m for tyre upgrade, just upgraded to alloys
Old 31st October 2010, 22:09   #3383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I wouldn't completely agree with that, Kiku. I got an Autocop for my Civic, despite a Honda security system being standard equipment. Here's why:

- The new age Autocops integrate, and work along with, your factory system. Effectively, you have double the security.

- That means, your factory immobiliser (and other functions) work as intended. In addition, I have the Autocop's motion sensors (any movement inside will trigger it), glass protection , impact sensors (which I have turned off by the way) and an extra siren (when the alarm goes off, the horn + autocop siren both start blaring)

- The Autocop is so well integrated that a separate remote control isn't required either. It works off the Honda key itself!
GTO can i still go ahead and get an autocop for my figo keeping the features of the OEM intact? Please suggest...

Last edited by sumathindra : 31st October 2010 at 22:11. Reason: deleted unrelated thread
Old 31st October 2010, 22:52   #3384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
atrisarkar
Try Sai colorium their work is really good and they wont charge you as much as the showroom. Do give them a try.

My car took a small scratch from a local taxi walla today morning. Some white paint from the taxi was left on the rear back door. I got home used some rubbing compound and formula 1 wax and manged to remove all the marks from the body. There are only 2-3 lines visible on the rear bumper. I can live with that for now
Thanks a lot Captain. Will definitely head over there next time something like this happens.

This time I finally decided to give it to the dealer and claim the insurance as the repair cost from the local garage was coming out to be higher than the gain I would have got from the NCB.
I got the car back yesterday and they did a pretty good job. Also the black scratch marks in the front bumper was taken care by the polishing job perfectly.
The bill came to Rs.7280 of which I had to shell out 865 from my pocket. Out of this amount 5k was the painting charges

@ownerofazkaban : I second that. Thumbs up from me too for their body shop. Also another thing which I noticed was that they didn't have that many cars coming in for repairs etc. This helped in getting things done better and faster.

I spotted 2 Figos with T-BHP stickers in the yard (white and chill). One had a PRESS sticker too.

Last edited by atrisarkar : 31st October 2010 at 23:03.
Old 1st November 2010, 17:04   #3385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
^^ thanks mate!!!

It is complete matt finish (they are not shine finished at least :P)

The grey patches under the red lip give an optical illusion of rotation in opp dir!

No vit m for tyre upgrade, just upgraded to alloys
Hi Anil,

Nice alloy. Where did you buy this?
Old 1st November 2010, 17:11   #3386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Hi Anil,

Thanks mate! I bought them from Rahul Enterprises, FC road. They are behind the BP bunk, jus beside the Nokia Care center.
Old 1st November 2010, 17:14   #3387
Senior - BHPian

@anilsanil

And you were worried about them making an appearance on the weird & wacky mod jobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Hi Anil,

Old 2nd November 2010, 09:21   #3388
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by english View Post
The one I got is german. They fixed it for me. Its easy, but for the right hand side, you need to remove the coolant box, you could have asked them to fix it.

Do lets know how much difference you see when driving.
I fixed it. Not a big job. Need to have bit patience while taking out and inserting the new bulb. Yes Engine coolant (rose color liquid) box has to be removed pulled up so that hand goes in. Accidently I removed the top coolant tube (press and lock type), but fixed it easily again. I did not get a chance to drive in highways, but when I drove locally to be frank I did not see a big difference .. I will be testing tomorrow as I am planning to make a small long drive.
Old 2nd November 2010, 11:24   #3389

guys I have a question:
We know that the front bumper is too close to the a/c condenser on Figo. Is there anything we can add as an accessory to the car which can give a bit more buffer to the front bumper ?
Old 2nd November 2010, 15:21   #3390
Senior - BHPian

^^ Structurally no, unless you want to design a similar shaped bumper with a stronger material.

But wafer thin bumper, for me atleast is a no issue. It does ( and it did) its job in low speed impacts pretty well. And for everything else we have insurance, don't we?

By the way, a dog seemed to have pawed my rear bumper :(. Evidently one dog marked its territory by passing on my car and another dog got too curious about it! :(

Last edited by anilisanil : 2nd November 2010 at 15:23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks