Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2010, 16:36   #3301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
I think they are cheaper outside and you get more variety. Do some market research before you make any purchase decision.

Thanks Brix, will have to go on a look out for these, I am pretty lazy for that. With ford its simple and no issues of warranty. However, yes! you are right I should go check the market, but I really do not have any idea about the brands, which works heavily against me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
Alternatively you can check for Plati range of alloys from outside, they have some pretty decent designs and should be in the range of 14K for a set of 4. You could also try out Lenso designs as well, a bit more expensive than Plati I suppose.
Ahhh! Thanks Jayded1 You just answered the question in my mind! Which brand?? So Plati and Lenso could be the ones.

Any idea where I can find genuine ones in Pune?
Old 8th October 2010, 16:50   #3302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post

Ahhh! Thanks Jayded1 You just answered the question in my mind! Which brand?? So Plati and Lenso could be the ones.

Hey Anil,

Just google for plati alloy wheels and you could find the indian site and you have the contact details there and they might be able to help you in getting the genuine contact in pune. You can also have a preview of the alloy wheels in their website with respect to your vehicle.

In case of lenso too you can do the same search as "lenso alloy wheels india" once you get into their site you can find the dealer network on the top of the page.

My 2 cents..i think you can lookout for aura alloys too. Dont know about the costing though

I hope this helps..

Last edited by informmaha : 8th October 2010 at 16:59.
Old 8th October 2010, 17:30   #3303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This raises a doubt for me, god forbid, if the air bag is to be deployed, wouldn't it be deployed in a wrong angle and into a wrong area?
Hi anilsanil,
The driver side air bag across all car makes is circular in shape and for a reason. What if the car is involved in a collision while negotiating a turn..get the point. Irrespective of the steering wheels position the bag as & when deployed will present itself uniformly to the driver.

Quote:
I have a question for Diesel owners. When I am accelrating uphill and changing gears in quick sucession, I observed that throttle response is better when I remove the foot off the throttle and then press it again. While this method pulls the car like anything, depressing the pedal continuously is not that effective and sometimes I find myself out of power. Is this an expected behaviour?
I do not own a diesel but this is a very normal phenomenon. When you keep the accelerator pressed while changing gears, you are flooding the fuel rail/system. The ECU senses that and blocks off the incoming rush of fuel till that already in the system is consumed. More fuel will not be let in despite your continuing to press the accelerator till the sensors see the level drop to a prefixed minimum which also lets the rpms fall way below where the torque band really is. Once they sense the fuel level to have gone down to that pre programmed level only then will they signal the ECU to allow more fuel in. By this time your rpms are way out of the power zone and you see it as poor response..

On the flip side when you are taking your foot off the accelerator while changing gears, you are allowing your engine to burn the fuel and create space for more to come in. Of course your right foot is not waiting for a sensor signal so the rpms never drop to the torque less band and when you press the right pedal again the engine happily sips and powers along. Trust this helps.

Quote:
My problem "the squeaks" have reappeared even after filling the plastic locks with some fillers! The squeaks are freaking me out and are getting on my nerves! They definitely are from rear left roof plastic! Somebody please help me!
The plastic locks have to be replaced if they are not holding that plastic panel properly. Fillers on or around the lock seats will not help. You could use damping material behind the panels though. An expert installer at a good audio shop will be able to sort this out, provided a change of locks does not help first.

Quote:
Thanks Brix, will have to go on a look out for these, I am pretty lazy for that. With ford its simple and no issues of warranty. However, yes! you are right I should go check the market, but I really do not have any idea about the brands, which works heavily against me!

Try and get the wheels in the following order of quality provided you can find genuine stuff Aura,Enkei;Koenig;Lenso;Plati.

Aura has actually shut down their plant in Silvassa but if you are able to find a set (Preferable 5) that you like, buy it the quality is very good and chances of fake are zero. Enkei also has a plant in Mulshi but they are not feeding the local markets from this facility as yet.
OR
You could come to the Kaas withdrawl symptoms meet in Thane on 10-10-10 and after the meet I will gladly take you to one of the many alloy wheel retailers in Vashi and you can drive to Pune with new shoes on the Figo. MX6 is coming for the meet, so you will have company and the choice and range in Vashi is never ending.

For your convenience http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...9-10-10-a.html
Old 8th October 2010, 17:44   #3304
Senior - BHPian

^^ Hello sir,

Thanks for finding time to answer all my queries. Pretty sweet

As for the 10 10 10, I am aware of it and following it too. I am off to Kolhapur tomorrow and let me see if I can make it to the meet day after. Will have to leave wifey back, though!

Last edited by anilisanil : 8th October 2010 at 17:50.
Old 8th October 2010, 18:09   #3305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As for the 10 10 10, I am aware of it and following it too. I am off to Kolhapur tomorrow and let me see if I can make it to the meet day after. Will have to leave wifey back, though!
Oh! I hope both of you are able to make it it will be a pleasure to meet up again.
Old 10th October 2010, 10:05   #3306
BHPian

figo experience

Driving Figo for 6 months, the feeling is exactly as in

Old 12th October 2010, 01:01   #3307
BHPian

Ford FIGO Test Drive for a friend, No Discount from Dealer :-(

After seeing this car everywhere, reading a quite details review at Team-BHP, one of my close friend was planning a car, he had, FIGO, i10, Beat in mind,

as this would be his first car and he doesn't have much experience in driving, infact he learned at some driving school but never drove around inside town or in evening traffic he was very keen on taking me for all test drives, but due to business issues since a week or two i was not able to accompany him.

After trying all 3 cars he was quite inclined towards FIGO, petrol ZXI.

Last evening I was able to meet him and went to FORD Dealer as he said I need to approve it, wow lucky me, Thanks for team-BHP for helping me learn so much about cars, atleast i can compare a bit for a friend.

After discussing all basic stuff we started in the Figo, Petrol DEMO Car, initially the sales guy was driving but one thing I pointed out within 2 mins of car run was, WOW, its chilling inside, Air Conditioner was on 1, still i could feel my inner soul to get cool.

after a km or two i was offered to drive it, and few impression in first 5 minutes of handing the car.
1). Nice power response from throttle.
2). A very nicely done Close Gear Shift, you don't feel like moving your
hand 6-7 inches like in my santro :-)
3). Super cooling Air-conditioner. made me put it off twice in 15 minutes.
4). No lag in slow speeds with A.C. ON.
5). Nicely done interiors.
6). Good and effective power steering however it was an ABS model and blowing horn was painfully uncomfortable
7). Driving seat adjustable gave perfect seating.
8). Good Road Grip, took a few very sharp turns at 60-65kmph
9). As it was a ABS model, braking was superb. hope its not crap in ZXI as its without ABS.

At this point of time I had no reason with me to ask my friend to visit the hyundai showroom.

So now comes the money talk, car is finalized, documents getting submitted to bank for Load tomorrow.

BUT, to my shock, the dealer had no discount to Offer ? come on man Indian consumers don't take a 4.5 Lakh car without discounts.
No Free insurance, No discount on Registration.

Final Pricing given is :-
Ex showroom : Rs.419,364.00
Road Tax : Rs.27,375.00
Compr. Insurance: Rs.12,238.00
1yr. Extended warranty : Rs.2490

Total price to be paid Rs.461,467.00

Sales guy said I've earlier promised a free seat covers to your friend and I was like annoyed with statement, but as the friend himself was not much arguing I said we'll think and decide, and my friend then discloses he has already paid 10K yesterday as token amount as delivery needs to be on Diwali and they say it can delay delivery if this is not done.

Now can someone shed light, what Discounts and offers you got on your FORD FIGO ?
Old 12th October 2010, 01:21   #3308
BHPian

We got exactly Rs. 0/- as discount and not even a candy as a freebie for our TDCi ZXi

Didn't quite get what you said at the end, are you saying the dealer promised to give your friend free seat covers? If so, its not that bad is it?
Old 12th October 2010, 01:42   #3309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
We got exactly Rs. 0/- as discount and not even a candy as a freebie for our TDCi ZXi

Didn't quite get what you said at the end, are you saying the dealer promised to give your friend free seat covers? If so, its not that bad is it?
Yes they are giving free seat covers, Don't have details how they would be but he said they are not cotton ones and is a quality product.

but this is a strange behavior of FORD India, Similar words were from sony dealer a month or two back when i was buying a handycam, they said company has fixed our selling price and cannot sell it for less, but even then i was able to get Rs.400. off and they said anybody billing lower than this and we'll offer you a free handycam if you get the bill mentioning any more discounts.

Lets see what happens with ford....
Old 12th October 2010, 04:44   #3310
Distinguished - BHPian

@ghpk: Ford has no reason to offer a discount on the Figo, specially when it is selling so well. The same case can be seen by Hyundai too for some of their models, and even the Swift and Dzire by Maruti. Even today, getting a discount on the Swift VDi is nearly impossible.
Anyways, congratulations to your friend on his purchase. Hope he enjoys his car.
Old 12th October 2010, 05:53   #3311
BHPian

Thats so true... cars that are selling more than they can produce usually get no discount.

Same thing happened with me in June when I bought my i20. Upon asking for discount he said if you want discount, then buy i10 (They had some offers going on at that time along with lots of freebies). I told him what a stupid salesman you are, on his face (of course jokingly), especially when I was going to add 1.5L more in terms of sales revenue for his target.

So ghpk, just bite the dust and get on with it. When you are buying a 4-5L car, why regret for some 2k-4k freebie.
Old 12th October 2010, 10:11   #3312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmania View Post
Thats so true... cars that are selling more than they can produce usually get no discount.

Same thing happened with me in June when I bought my i20. Upon asking for discount he said if you want discount, then buy i10 (They had some offers going on at that time along with lots of freebies). I told him what a stupid salesman you are, on his face (of course jokingly), especially when I was going to add 1.5L more in terms of sales revenue for his target.

So ghpk, just bite the dust and get on with it. When you are buying a 4-5L car, why regret for some 2k-4k freebie.
Yups, thanks karmania, I'll have my friend understand this and grab the seat cover deal as it seems he's getting more than what others got

I also advised him to start looking for a driver for 1-3 months atleast as he's very novice in handling car and would easily get into troubles if drives all alone in the start itself.
Old 12th October 2010, 10:55   #3313
Senior - BHPian

@ghpk,
Are you not going to suggest to your friend to get the ABS model? He would have to pay a little more but it would be a better car to own.
Old 12th October 2010, 15:17   #3314
BHPian

@ghpk
Yeah, tell your buddy to grab those seat covers before the salesman changes his mind

While checking the i20, we could not get any discounts, but was offered certain freebies like sunfilm, mud flaps etc, with Figo, we got absolutely nothing. Heck, the polo guys at least got a dart board to while away time during their endless waiting period
Old 12th October 2010, 17:21   #3315
BHPian

After reading through the wonderful experiences of everyone here, I too went ahead and test drove the Figo Titanium with the TDCI.
It was one of my very few experiences in driving a diesel and here's what I felt:
1. The engine was responsive and a bit of the diesel drag was felt while picking up in the second gear. But the engine is very refined.
2. The cabin is free of the noise and has a roomy feeling
3. The gear shifts are smooth
4. This model comes with ABS and 2 sided Air bags, along with an integrated music system
5. The cooling is good as the entire cabin was done in the first few mins (I have extensively driven my dad's Uno which was the benchmark in this case)

What I did not like were:

1. Had a bit of problem getting behind the wheel ... perhaps because I have a bit longer legs. Got hit on the center partition twice.

2. The wiper, lights and washer controls would need to get used to, cos they are not the conventional styled ones.

3. No freebies offered .. not even a corporate discount

Could someone help me out with a few questions that I have about the diesel variant?

1. The TDCI, as they say is the same one as that in the Fiesta. How's has the engine fared since it's launch?

2. I have been driving petrols all these while and now I am planning to go in for a diesel, as my runnings are over 850 kms a month. Most of my drives are long ones. The fuel part is economical when i calculated, but not too sure about the maintenance .. never owned a diesel. Can someone help me out ?

3. What are the maintenance activities needed for the diesel engine?

4. A close friend stated that diesel engines have a much shorter life than petrol ones. Is that true?

Thanks so much guys for your time to read through this post

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks