Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2010, 10:20   #2716
BHPian

Figo Minor Accident

Had my first accident on the Figo at 3987 kms.

A bike came and hit on the left side just after camp road. gave the bike guy 200 rs since i didn't want the locals to get involved and make the situation into a class war/car vs bike thing etc.Some smart guys were already trying to do it.

The damage to the car includes denting on the wheel arc and denting on the doors. Paint is gone and i am able to see a silver colored (metal or primer) not too sure. My next service is at 10000 which i will reach only in another 3-6 months. Should i wait for the next service to get this fixed? Should i claim insurance for this? I am not sure if there is some kind of no claim bonus for car insurance.
Old 13th June 2010, 12:32   #2717
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishnurp99 View Post
The damage to the car includes denting on the wheel arc and denting on the doors. Paint is gone and i am able to see a silver colored (metal or primer) not too sure. My next service is at 10000 which i will reach only in another 3-6 months. Should i wait for the next service to get this fixed? Should i claim insurance for this? I am not sure if there is some kind of no claim bonus for car insurance.
Sad to hear the news:

Get the car tinkered and give a primer coating on the area where the paint is peeled off.

You will loose NCB if you claim insurance and in this case, it becomes a little sketchy too.
Old 13th June 2010, 18:30   #2718
BHPian

Vishnurp,
If the damages are substantial, then it would be very expensive to get it fixed at your expense. I would highly suggest going for insurance. Don't worry about NCB etc, especially if the amount you gain by going for insurance is lesser than the NCB amount (I think this may be the case here)
Old 14th June 2010, 16:30   #2719
BHPian

Couple of things

1) On my last tankful to tankful calculation, i got an FE of around 14.5 with full city driving and AC on at all times. Am happy with it at the moment
2) Had given the car for the first free service on Saturday morning and got it back the same day - No issues there
3) I reported the underbody scraping to the service supervisor Sathish at chennai ford, Arumbakkam - Apparently almost all Figo owners have complained to this dealer (at least!) of this issue. He, of course says that they can't do anything as this is something to do with the design

Figo owners, what choice are we left with now? Should we just accept the fact that our car's underbody will scrape speedbreakers, especially with 4 people on board under normal driving conditions? This isn't much of a problem within the city (except for some bumps, but it does scrape most of the bumps on highways)
Old 14th June 2010, 16:52   #2720
BHPian

On Saturday, I drove my Innova with 4 family members on the slope leading into my apartment and "KRUNCH" - the underbelly scraped over the top of the slope. I was driving dead slow and diagonally to avoid that.

My guess is that some Figo's are running with low air pressure and thats causing it. If more people are in the car, more PSI is required.
Old 14th June 2010, 21:31   #2721

any idea if ford figo will be launched in automatic version? every since it was big hit!
Old 15th June 2010, 13:02   #2722
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-biz View Post
2) Had given the car for the first free service on Saturday morning and got it back the same day - No issues there
Bill details, please!
Old 15th June 2010, 16:45   #2723
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
On Saturday, I drove my Innova with 4 family members on the slope leading into my apartment and "KRUNCH" - the underbelly scraped over the top of the slope. I was driving dead slow and diagonally to avoid that.

My guess is that some Figo's are running with low air pressure and thats causing it. If more people are in the car, more PSI is required.
@ Brix: Please refer to my post on this
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1874423

Brought my TDCI- EXi - Black from my native. Posting my ownership thread shortly.
Figo buyers: No doubt this is a driving paradise at a competitive pricing.

I am keeping my FE figures as suspense for my thread...
Old 17th June 2010, 11:01   #2724
BHPian

Why would Ford cringe on headrests for rear seat? Isn’t that a basic safety feature?
Old 17th June 2010, 11:34   #2725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Why would Ford cringe on headrests for rear seat? Isn’t that a basic safety feature?
For better rear visibility.
Old 17th June 2010, 12:13   #2726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Can you explain how would headrest be applicable as a safety feature. I always thought it to be a comfort one. Thats why you only find it in more priced cars.

I dont think it has got anything to do with safety at all.
Old 17th June 2010, 12:21   #2727
BHPian

@xingamazon, Headrests can help prevent whiplash injuries (which can be rather severe) in the event of an accident.

References:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whiplash_(medicine)
http://www.carsdirect.com/features/s...res#restraints
http://www.driveandstayalive.com/inf...from-aiada.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Can you explain how would headrest be applicable as a safety feature. I always thought it to be a comfort one. Thats why you only find it in more priced cars.

I dont think it has got anything to do with safety at all.

Last edited by spindoc : 17th June 2010 at 12:25.
Old 17th June 2010, 13:39   #2728
BHPian

Quote:
Can you explain how would headrest be applicable as a safety feature.
You would hate to be in a Figo's rear seat and get heavily rear-ended. There are enough docs on net to explain what will happen to your neck/skull then.

Quote:
Thats why you only find it in more priced cars.
Happens only in India

@gemithomas - Hope you were trying to be funny

Last edited by WindRide : 17th June 2010 at 13:41.
Old 17th June 2010, 15:04   #2729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
@xingamazon, Headrests can help prevent whiplash injuries (which can be rather severe) in the event of an accident.

References:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whiplash_(medicine)
Learn more about the safety features of your vehicle with the car safety guide - CarsDirect
Is Your Headrest Properly Positioned?
Hi Spindoc. For some reason I got confused that you are talking about the adjustable head rest. Because as far as I remember I guess the mandatory safety features would have only recommended that we should have a head rest (which is anyway there in cars like Figo and i10, albeit smaller ones)
But dont think the adjustable head rest are made mandatory as a safety feature. Just my opinion.

Last edited by xingamazon : 17th June 2010 at 15:05.
Old 17th June 2010, 15:58   #2730
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Spindoc. For some reason I got confused that you are talking about the adjustable head rest. Because as far as I remember I guess the mandatory safety features would have only recommended that we should have a head rest (which is anyway there in cars like Figo and i10, albeit smaller ones)
But dont think the adjustable head rest are made mandatory as a safety feature. Just my opinion.

I was speaking about headrests in general. Adjustable head restraints are mandatory per US regulations but aren't in India.

Also, from a safety perspective, head restraints that are not adjustable aren't very useful. There are guidelines as to what height the headrest must be placed at to protect oneself from possible injury, which are applicable only to adjustable headrests.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks