Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2010, 09:14   #2521
Senior - BHPian

mustang you should drive a well maintained GTX/S10 to know what driving pleasure is. For that matter even an Adventure Sport would do

Congrats. And do post the pics.
Old 19th May 2010, 10:58   #2522
BHPian

Here's an article which mentions why older diesel engines will give 5%-7% less F.E because of the new BS IV Fuel.

The Hindu : Metro Plus Hyderabad / Wheels : Green drive

Printable : http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/t...05/19/&prd=mp&

The TDci is an older gen diesel engine and is made BS IV compliant through the particulate filter and more precious metals used. But the F.E is hit anyway because of the new fuel. Only the exhaust has been modified.

Is the mystery of lesser F.E solved?

Last edited by Brix : 19th May 2010 at 10:59.
Old 19th May 2010, 12:45   #2523
RGK
Senior - BHPian

As per the Hindu report, they have advised to tweak the ECU. This is also advised by a fellow bhpian. I think this can be done and tested.
Old 19th May 2010, 13:12   #2524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
@EVERYONE
PS - I got my white ford fiesta zxi from bhagat ford yesterday, took the 7:20 am shatabdi to jalandhar yesterday, completed the CSD formalities, the paperwork, the accessories & then drove back 400 kms to my house in my new car at 11:30 pm. Just got up a while back. Woohoo!
Congrats Mustang. Do post some pics soon.

Cheers!!!
Old 19th May 2010, 13:41   #2525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There wont be problem to anything, but its better that you get exterior paint protection & underbosy treatment done on your car & then your car will not undergo any environmental damage.
Why Mustang.101- Is ford not giving us anti corrision treatment ex factory?

Was just comparing apples while i discovered VW Polo gives a 7 year anti corrosion warranty
Old 19th May 2010, 14:10   #2526
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
Congrats Mustang. Do post some pics soon.

Cheers!!!
Thanks, I will do, By this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Why Mustang.101- Is ford not giving us anti corrision treatment ex factory?

Was just comparing apples while i discovered VW Polo gives a 7 year anti corrosion warranty
There are a no. of extras that we are also giving and at a much lower price, so its like both companies are giving apples but of different variety & this cannot be compared.

As far as corrosion is concerned, i can corrode parts of any car within 5 minutes flat but when i will go to claim the warranty, the company will always say that its our fault & we have subjected the car to some nasty stuff.
Old 19th May 2010, 20:59   #2527
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes I sure am, However even if i ever quit Ford & join some other company, i will keep buying Ford cars unless i have the money to buy a BMW or a Porshe.

These are the only 3 brands that i trust when it comes to driver involvement & driving pleasure.

No ownerships report from my side as it would be unfair for me to review a car of my own company.

However you will see the pics very soon, by this weekend maybe.
When it comes to driver involvement I do agree ford is good but are'nt some other brands/cars left out??
1) Maruti suzuki swift
2) Skoda Laura
3) Old Honda City
4) Fiat palio 1.6

even
1) Astar
2) Punto
3) Polo
drive better than Figo.

Figo has some positives and negatives as well. You have always highlighted the positives.
where are the negetives??
Old 19th May 2010, 21:22   #2528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
even
1) Astar
2) Punto
3) Polo
drive better than Figo.

Figo has some positives and negatives as well. You have always highlighted the positives.
Well I haven't driven Polo, but I certainly dont agree that Punto and Astar drive better than Figo. I guess it is highly subjective and differs from person to person what is meant by driving pleasure. To me, Ford's steering responsiveness and handling are unmatched. No car with Japansese or Korean DNA (which I have driven, of course) gives the same feeling as Ford, to me.

Figo's negatives: only time will tell I guess. First to come out is absence of bumpers. Rest remains to be seen.
Old 19th May 2010, 22:24   #2529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
Well I haven't driven Polo, but I certainly dont agree that Punto and Astar drive better than Figo. I guess it is highly subjective and differs from person to person what is meant by driving pleasure. To me, Ford's steering responsiveness and handling are unmatched. No car with Japansese or Korean DNA (which I have driven, of course) gives the same feeling as Ford, to me.

Figo's negatives: only time will tell I guess. First to come out is absence of bumpers. Rest remains to be seen.
Come on Astar is much quicker than the Figo 1.2. Be it in outright acceleration, be it in in gear acceleration. Figo 1.2 does not even feel like it has got 70BHP under its hood. Handling of figo though is better.

You just cant compare Punto 1.4 with Figo 1.2. (NO COMMENTS)
I even feel Punto diesel is slightly better than figo TCDI. No doubt the turbo kicks in earlier but whats the point if you cant provide torque in the higher RPM range. The TCDI produces 30Nm less torque than its rival.

I somehow didnt like Polo, specially the diesel. Petrol seems ok but its a 3 pot. Still better than Figo 1.2.

If you are looking for a driver's car go for Swift. Nothing beats the swift in performance, handling, driving position. Figo isn't even in the equation.

And talking about FIGO's negetives
1) Poor performance (specially pertol)
2) Dated looks
3) Rear windows opening
4) Lack of rear power windows
5) Radiator grille---already pointed out.

I know it is not a wise thing to comment againt FIGO in this thread, as most of you are proud owners of this car. So please dont come bombarding me with abuses.
What I mean all cars have negetives. Even the god in this segment (SWIFT). But what is important is to see what is it offering at what price.
Old 19th May 2010, 23:04   #2530
Senior - BHPian

@ Oxygen: No issues with making your point be it a Figo Thread or not. But do expect some carpet bombing
Old 19th May 2010, 23:05   #2531
Senior - BHPian

I agree with you about the rear windows and bumpers. But the rest - performance, handling, "drivers car" are all very subjective. It is like asking which is better, samosa or burger. There will always be people who prefer one over the other.

Figo is a derivative of the Fiesta MK 5, which was known as a fun-to-drive car in many countries and was one of the best selling cars in the UK some time back. Ford has launched that here with a diesel engine targeted at economy. I don't think it can be called a "negative" of the car.

I totally agree about Swift being a drivers car. Just that to me, Figo does it even better when it comes to diesel. Perhaps, people who drive above 140kmph regularly would prefer Swift, but to me most of my driving is less than 60kmph, and it matters more to me how much fun the car gives me in that speed range.
Old 20th May 2010, 06:58   #2532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
Perhaps, people who drive above 140kmph regularly would prefer Swift,
I was told its the other way around - A swift is vague at high speeds and a Figo is sure footed ?

Anybody having both cars?
Old 20th May 2010, 09:29   #2533
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post

The positives completely overshadow the negatives at this price point. Otherwise i can point out 100s of negatives in the figo as well as other cars.
Old 20th May 2010, 10:54   #2534
BHPian

Maybe we should have a thread on which is the best car to drive in the hatch segment(one for petrol/one for diesel) and also a poll. That will bring out what most of the people in the forum think. For me Figo tdci defnitely feels more solid than the swift on the highways.But the rush of the swift in acceleration is not there in any of the small diesel cars that i have driven. My perception is that this is because swift is lighter by around 50-60 kilos than most of the other cars like punto, figo etc. For me when i travel few hundred kms on the highway the solidity/safety features that a punto/figo offers are more important than the rush that i might get in driving a swift . Since for me the usage is 70% city/congested higway 30% highway i went for a figo. By the way i have heard that the BS4 swift is not as good to drive as the bs3 one. Not sure if this is right since i have driven the bs3 one. I didn't find the polo petrol very good at all and i haven't driven the diesel.
Old 20th May 2010, 13:24   #2535
RGK
Senior - BHPian

@Oxygen - Please try Swift & Dzire changing lanes and come back immediately at high speeds 100 - 120k and give your thoughts. Do this with stock tires.

Most Viewed