Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2010, 11:06   #2386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
True. I missed that out. But i thought it would be like that with most cars. Opening the boot should not really open the doors otherwise every time you open the boot you would have to lock it back. In this case you just close back the boot and walk away. I thought all cars with such systems come like that.
Actually most cars come with a secondary latch which one needs to pull to unlock the boot open after the key fob operation. Dropping the boot back does not lock it in other cars, it waits for the central lock to activate that. Example - Polo.

But its the almost hands free operation in Ford that most like me love. Essential when you have a ton of groceries to handle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Planning to get the sun-film installed this coming week and wondering if the fog lamps are necessary!!

Dislikes:
Child lock appears clumsy, could have done with a switch with the driver..
The security system should have been at par with the standard autocops, i miss that one...

My family is in love with this car and plan to have more road trips moving ahead...
Fog lamps may be needed if you plan drives to Coorg or Shimoga. It also helps to spot the loose stone from a lane divider in city traffic. Low beam mostly does a wonderful job though.

The child lock is made clumsy in most cars so that children cannot open it by any means. Higher end cars may have security coding that are numbered.
Old 10th May 2010, 11:31   #2387
BHPian

help.

Ok.Here's something out-of-topic I guess:
And sorry for the long post

Mods: Please delete this message if required.

I had booked my FIGO on Apr 23,2010.
Dealer (Metro Ford - Palace road, Bangalore) told me it would take minimum 5-6 weeks.
So I was a bit eased about the funding part.

I wanted to go for my own funding (Bank loan from my native which suits my needs ) as supposed to the in-house finance.
My loan has been approved as of today(May 10th) and I need to go and get the cheque/dd from my native which is an overnight journey.

Today the dealer guy called me and told that my car has reached the yard. I told that I would atleast require one week to arrange the finance.
He said something like - they had to pay to park the car in the yard (Rs 700/800 per day - that's news to me ) and that i need to take it ASAP.

I also told him that I needed to check the car once before giving the full amount which he flatly refused saying that they cannot bring the car to the showroom until registration and stuff and that i had to go to peenya yard if I wanted to have a look at the car (murmered something like why would you want to have a look at a new car).

Can B,lore folks help me out here.Much appreciated.
I'm a complete novice at buying cars and this is my first car.

Here's my question:
1.Is there a charge to keep the car parked in the yard ?
If yes, who pays for it

2.Is it mandatory for me to get the car immediately once it has
reached the yard (I have already paid the booking amount) ?
Or can i take atleast a week or so ?

3.I'm not comfortable to pay the full amount unless i see the car first.
How do i persuade them to let me look at the car first and then pay
the full amout ?
Old 10th May 2010, 12:29   #2388
Senior - BHPian

Ford Figo First Drive Report.

Dear Guys!

My thoughts in comparison with UVA-LT

Model & Variant - Ford Figo EXI – Petrol – Sea Grey

OTR Price - 4.18 Lakhs

Delivered – 3rd May 2010

Free-bees - Mud flaps & Velvet type floor mats (should change to rubber before upcoming monsoon)

Distance Drived - 105 Kms (Actual Odo reading 270 – 385 Kms)

Route – ESSEL towers - Gurgaon internal roads till IREO land development, South Delhi (MG Road, Saket – Khanpur, Vasant Kunj – Munirka – RK Puram – Hyatt - Dhaula Kuan – Express Way - IFFCO Chowk, Gurgaon) Not a non-stop drive.

Occupants – 3 (Myself – 5’9”, Wify – 5’6” & Father-in-law – 5’11” Owner of the Car)

Exterior – Decently put together and nothing to complain. Panel gaps are minimal and very good metallic paint finish. Everything is in par with UVA even the GC too.

Interior – Good leg room, shoulder room and head room at front as well as rear seats. Not as roomy when compared to UVA. Seats are very comfort and little to complain (but a little harder side). Dashboard has a grain-type texture which is nice to look at but not that soft to touch (but much better than many other hatches), minimum or no reflection, Console don’t have any WOW! factor but very clear and practical. Integrated Audio (no USB) good for my type of hearing and was same with Wify & FiL. Silver inserts add a little sportiness too. Steering is nice to hold. Pedals are neatly spaced. No dead pedal but ample space to rest the feet. Controls are like UVA(indicators left, wiper right). AC is a chiller but still UVA is a class apart (only thing annoys in UVA is the blower sound which is in the higher side among the segment) Front power windows, pin type key with remote lock and remote tail gate release, nice detachable parcel tray. Thanks for that huge boot.

Drive, Engine, Gear Box, Tyres/Brakes – 1st, 2nd & 3rd gear has good pick-up and good power band over 1800rpm. Nice to take-off from stand stills and in-gear acceleration is good in these three gears. 4th & 5th is good for cruising. Slow and steadily speed will increase. A down shift to 3rd is a must to overtake those tractor-trolleys. Did a 110 km/hr between Toll plaza and IFFCO Chowk. Car is very stable at high speeds and steering is not at all disconnected, there is enough feedback for a sudden maneuver. Steering is precise. A very good car for bumper to bumper city traffic too. I had experienced it at South Delhi and it was very easy to drive through. Brakes are excellent with stock 175/55-R14 tyres. Ride is also good but while on uneven surfaced roads there is a dug-dug sound ride (may be due to harder suspension setup) which is same as Fiesta. Engine is refined and cabin is well insulated. When pushed in second gear to max rpm there is a fine stretching sound which penetrates the cabin which I enjoyed. Clutch is soft and have minimum travel. Gears don’t have any rubbery feel like UVA and all gears are very easy to engage through the perfect slots. Gear lever position was also good to my likes when compared to UVA which is little backward.

I cannot comment on actual millage though there was already more than half tank petrol available. But from the basic observation on the fuel gauge it was around 12 to 13 km/l easily. I will update on this in coming days after doing a tank full to tank full.

Finally, those who are looking for a specious hatch with spacious boot Figo is definitely for them. A very good city car and an occasional highway cruiser. It is not at all a car for enthusiasts. Sedated drivers will enjoy it to the fullest.

Sorry for no pics as of now. Will try to post some by coming weekend.

Cheers!
Old 10th May 2010, 13:28   #2389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimbleguru View Post

Dealer (Metro Ford - Palace road, Bangalore) told me it would take minimum 5-6 weeks.

I wanted to go for my own funding (Bank loan from my native which suits my needs ) as supposed to the in-house finance.
My loan has been approved as of today(May 10th) and I need to go and get the cheque/dd from my native which is an overnight journey.

Today the dealer guy called me and told that my car has reached the yard. I told that I would atleast require one week to arrange the finance.
He said something like - they had to pay to park the car in the yard (Rs 700/800 per day - that's news to me ) and that i need to take it ASAP.

I also told him that I needed to check the car once before giving the full amount which he flatly refused saying that they cannot bring the car to the showroom until registration and stuff and that i had to go to peenya yard if I wanted to have a look at the car (murmered something like why would you want to have a look at a new car).

Here's my question:
If yes, who pays for it

the full amout ?
1. I do not think there is a charge for the car parking in the yard. A friend of mine took delivery of his BEAT almost after 20days and did not pay a dime. However this may differ from dealer to dealer...

2. You are not mandated to take delivery of the car as it comes to the yard. Part reply in the first answer...

3. There is something called pre delivery inspection. I did this for my figo. This is to ensure that the car is in good shape and is the same car that is being registered in your name. You have to sign a form after the inspection. This happens only when it comes to the showroom. I am not sure if the inspection can happen when it is in the yard...
Old 10th May 2010, 14:25   #2390
BHPian

@nimbleguru
Even if you take finance from the in house guy it takes min. 3 business days to get the PO. and after that if you give cheque for margin amount min. 2 more business days. So don't take the **** that you need to pay to keep car in Yard. It might cost them, thats not your problem.

You go about getting your finance /DD ASAP. In back ground play it in a nice way. Keep it nice and diplomatic. Better talk in person, Buy time in a nice way, the way we do when there is escalation from customers and there is a field issue!!!
Old 10th May 2010, 14:55   #2391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Here's my question:
If yes, who pays for it

the full amout ?
Hi nimbleguru

Congrats for the car.

However, your dealer seems to be treating you as an ATM... or rather, they want you to postpone taking of the car to sell it at a premium to another buyer.

When I booked our family's Xing almost 7 years back there was lag of a month in deliveries. Further, we instructed the delivery data (upon consulting our family astrologer) to them in advance. Our car had reached the dealer's yard few days earlier than that date, but they did not charge a single penny, nor did they ask us to make the remaining payment on the date when the car arrived in their stock.

I believe there is something fishy in the way your dealer is behaving. Try consulting few other BHP-ians who have dealt with Metro Ford, & if possible escalate the matter with Ford India.
Old 10th May 2010, 15:00   #2392
BHPian

@sumathindra :
Thank you for the reply.Really appreciate it.
Yes I do know about PDI. I thought it was something for own purpose.I didn't know that we need to sign the form and all ( is it official ?)
Can i do the following :
1.Pay the full amount
2.Once paid, they'l bring the car to the showroom.
3.I do the PDI and if i'm not satisfied or i find something fishy,
Can i backout (refuse to ?
4.If everything looks fine i'll take the delivery (obviously)

@ownerofazkaban : thank you. I was planning to meet them in person today. Yes, i'll take it easy as i'm in no hurry and i'm not aggressive type person .
I'll try to smooth talk the SP.

@CARDEEP : I was bit shaken when the SP was hurrying up the whole matter.As i said, i'll go and talk face-to-face today and will get back to you guys. Thanks CARDEEP.
Old 10th May 2010, 15:24   #2393
BHPian

If he didnt mention the charges before - he has no right to ask you.

Retrospectively - if the car is delayed and you have made your payment - do dealers pay interest for your money? Same logic.

Quote:
Old 10th May 2010, 15:39   #2394
BHPian

@sumathindra
@ownerofazkaban
@CARDEEP
@BRIX

Thanks for the suggestions.
All your suggestions are important to me.

All along I thought PDI was for personal purpose.
I didn't know that we need to sign an offical PDI ok form !

Can I do the following :

1.Pay the full amount
2.Once the car is in showroom, do a through PDI
3.If something fishy, do not sign the form
( assuming that they would not register the car untill i sign the PDI ok form)

This might be risky as i have had paid the full amount already.
(there is no other option i see as of now..sigh ! )

Thanks once again.
Old 10th May 2010, 18:35   #2395
BHPian

Quote:
Here's my question:
If yes, who pays for it

the full amout ?
Answers:
1. No. It's an unregistered car and they can sell it to anyone they want.

2. No. You can even cancel and buy another and might lose just the booking amount or a percentage of it. Details will be there in the booking papers.

3. You are to pay after a satisfactory PDI. I never had to do that with the Fusion in 2005 at Metro as the car was already there at the showroom. But, it is possible that with high demand they might keep the cars at their Yard and you can do a PDI there. Most people do the PDI and take the delivery immediately after that.

Showrooms are normally reluctant to give car on loan from unknown banks, for obvious reasons.

Edit: - Till the car is not registered or applied for registration in your name, you are not liable to pay a dime for it.

Last edited by shubhodeepdas@g : 10th May 2010 at 18:38.
Old 10th May 2010, 21:03   #2396
BHPian

Quote:
@sumathindra

All along I thought PDI was for personal purpose.
I didn't know that we need to sign an offical PDI ok form !

Thanks once again.
Lathangi also took it from me, the letter only says that I have checked this car - make model version etc etc and it says that it is what I had booked. The guy told me that is to avoid issues post registration -- seems there have been couple of issues where wrond cars have been registered (misup in dash etc).
Old 10th May 2010, 21:42   #2397
BHPian

Quote:

Today the dealer guy called me and told that my car has reached the yard.
Lucky. I booked 1.2 Zxi at MPL Ford Chennai on 18th April & expected delivery is by end May. Road tax in TN goes up by 2% from 1 June and I may end up paying Rs.8000 more.

The dealer is absolutely clueless about likely delivery (or is he pretending so )
Old 10th May 2010, 22:04   #2398
BHPian

Is that true??? Whats the source?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju2512 View Post
Road tax in TN goes up by 2% from 1 June and I may end up paying Rs.8000 more.
Old 10th May 2010, 22:12   #2399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Dear Guys!

My thoughts in comparison with UVA-LT

Model & Variant - Ford Figo EXI – Petrol – Sea Grey

OTR Price - 4.18 Lakhs

Delivered – 3rd May 2010
Hi myavu,

Thanx for your First Drive report for your Figo Petrol. I believe yours is only second Figo Petrol in TBHP at present apart from our beloved 'Black Donkey' hence it makes it all the more important for prospective customers like me who are bit confused between Figo 1.2 Exi or Ritz VXI.

Looking forward to more detailed review from you!

Regards
Old 10th May 2010, 23:17   #2400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx2389 View Post
Hi myavu,

Thanx for your First Drive report for your Figo Petrol. I believe yours is only second Figo Petrol in TBHP at present apart from our beloved 'Black Donkey' hence it makes it all the more important for prospective customers like me who are bit confused between Figo 1.2 Exi or Ritz VXI.

Looking forward to more detailed review from you!

Regards
A small correction, i guess mine is the 2nd in the petrol segment (i stand corrected if iam not). Have been driving it since 13 days now :-) trust me it is awesome!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks