Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2010, 19:11   #2371
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Its a good doggie. Does like its told

I have a soft corner for the Waggie-R.
Good one Brix! But seriously, are all W-Rs like that?
Old 8th May 2010, 21:32   #2372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
With everyone worried about the Figo mileage i just checked out the various test drive reviews for the TDCi engine. (The last entry from BS motoring is on the Figo TDCi)

If these figures are to be believed i think we need not worry about the Figo F.E figures that owners here are coming up with.

What say??
It should definitely give a lot better than the Petrol 1.6 from Fiesta and Fusion, and right now the figures we are getting from new owners are hovering around that. That's 10 kmpl in city and 15 kmpl on highway without much effort. With some effort it does give 12 kmpl in city and 18 kmpl on highway.

I must say I am a little surprised.
Old 8th May 2010, 21:57   #2373
BHPian

Drove to Maddur and trust me it was simply awesome in the figo...Made it in just under 45mins. Made a pit stop at McDonald for the kids to attack the food!!
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dsc00373.jpg  

Old 9th May 2010, 07:52   #2374
BHPian

i guess it is too early for me to check the mileage as i have just clocked around 220km till date, however from yesterday's drive from Bangalore to Maddur i think i got 13 to 14 on the highway...I still have to get this calculated correctly after clocking in some more miles!!!
Old 9th May 2010, 11:59   #2375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Good one Brix! But seriously, are all W-Rs like that?
To tell you the truth - I drove the WagonR after 3 weeks of Figo. And only then I knoew of the problems you mentioned. The Figo is a complete professional compared to the WagonR.

Few differences:
-Clutch seemed harder in WagonR.
-Steering took more effort in WagonR.
-Initial start is smooth, but quickly loses steam in WagonR.
-The windshield almost never feels dirty in WagonR, wheras the glass of the Figo seems perennially dirty. I have to keep cleaning it always. Is that Saint Gobain or someSaint Gobar.
-The AC of the Figo is powerful. No doubt about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Drove to Maddur and trust me it was simply awesome in the figo...Made it in just under 45mins. Made a pit stop at McDonald for the kids to attack the food!!
Nice photo. Glad you liked the car. Did you post an ownership report?
Old 9th May 2010, 12:25   #2376
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Few differences:

-Steering took more effort in WagonR.
-Initial start is smooth, but quickly loses steam in WagonR.

Your W-R is with EPS? That was supposed to be very light. 3 point turns are effortless.
Old 9th May 2010, 14:52   #2377
BHPian

Quote:
-The windshield almost never feels dirty in WagonR, wheras the glass of the Figo seems perennially dirty. I have to keep cleaning it always. Is that Saint Gobain or someSaint Gobar.
I have often found the 3M cleaning right after servicing very annoying with the glass. Almost every spot that is touched inside or outside gets highlighted very badly. And the angle of the glass in these cars highlight every dust particle with sunlight falling on them, WagonR with a steeper angle is much better.

@sumathindra: Nice car. Do post a ownership thread. The more there are, the better we get to know the car.
Old 9th May 2010, 16:41   #2378
Senior - BHPian

For all those who have not seen it. Here are "50 things you wont notice when you Test Drive a Figo"

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1874798

Last edited by gemithomas : 9th May 2010 at 16:43.
Old 9th May 2010, 18:30   #2379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
For all those who have not seen it. Here are "50 things you wont notice when you Test Drive a Figo"

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1874798
You covered most of the things Gemi in that wonderful list. But you missed out one major thing.

I don't think the rest of the car unlocks when the boot is unlocked from the remote (did not see that happen on the test cars). This makes it a potential danger as one tends to inadvertently keep the keys on the parcel tray and load the car with luggage, close the boot and your keys are locked inside for good. Having the second set of keys handy is a good move from day one.
Old 9th May 2010, 18:53   #2380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Your W-R is with EPS? That was supposed to be very light. 3 point turns are effortless.
Yeah - its with EPS. Probably the 6 years have taken its toll on it.
The best steering I've experienced is the Corolla Altis. Really needs only a finger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
I have often found the 3M cleaning right after servicing very annoying with the glass. Almost every spot that is touched inside or outside gets highlighted very badly. And the angle of the glass in these cars highlight every dust particle with sunlight falling on them, WagonR with a steeper angle is much better.
Yes - I simply love the tall boy design. The angle of the Figo windshield does that unnecessary effect. I really need to pay attention while driving.
Old 9th May 2010, 21:59   #2381
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
The best steering I've experienced is the Corolla Altis. Really needs only a finger.
The same with NHC.
Old 10th May 2010, 00:08   #2382
BHPian

One more Figo ownership report...

After almost 3 months of searching in the hatchback segment, testing the Palio's, Vista's, Swifts, Beat's decided on the Figo immediate after the test drive. The Maruti 800 i used to drive was an absolute charm and it was only because of going for a better and technologically advanced car made me upgrade..Well about my Figo..

I walked into Lathangi Ford on the 18th April with my wife and kids and booked the car, got delivery on the 28th April.

Accessories:
Yet to install them as i have been travelling on business and vacation. Just found time from the past couple of days to be with the car!

Wanted a USB cable extension and was told it is out of stock. Wonder why this is not standard fitting??

Planning to get the sun-film installed this coming week and wondering if the fog lamps are necessary!!

Engine:
I drove around 220km yesterday and did not feel a bit tired and one thing to mention is that at times felt the throttle needed more pumping with the AC on specially at low speeds...At 100km speed at times i felt vibrations however chose to ignore as it disappeared later. Did not want to push it beyond 100..Thought it heats up quite fast, probably it was dead in the afternoon..

Suspension:
Appeared to be a bit hard however was comfortable

Transmission:
Butter is the word!

Aircon: i must admit this is very powerful, specially during the evenings the inside becomes very cold and you are forced to shut it for some time though..

Handling:
Returning from Maddur there was very heavy rains with high wind speeds and trust me the car was extremely easy to handle in those conditions..Did not really want to take a chance and pulled up till the rains subsided...

Dislikes:
Child lock appears clumsy, could have done with a switch with the driver..
The security system should have been at par with the standard autocops, i miss that one...

My family is in love with this car and plan to have more road trips moving ahead...
Old 10th May 2010, 09:32   #2383
BHPian

yes i just did post the ownership report last night...
Old 10th May 2010, 09:34   #2384
BHPian

yes chief i just did post the ownership report last night...
Old 10th May 2010, 10:17   #2385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
You covered most of the things Gemi in that wonderful list. But you missed out one major thing.

I don't think the rest of the car unlocks when the boot is unlocked from the remote (did not see that happen on the test cars). This makes it a potential danger as one tends to inadvertently keep the keys on the parcel tray and load the car with luggage, close the boot and your keys are locked inside for good. Having the second set of keys handy is a good move from day one.
True. I missed that out. But i thought it would be like that with most cars. Opening the boot should not really open the doors otherwise every time you open the boot you would have to lock it back. In this case you just close back the boot and walk away. I thought all cars with such systems come like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
One more Figo ownership report...

My family is in love with this car and plan to have more road trips moving ahead...
Congrats. Drive safe. Enjay!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks