Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2010, 16:30   #2356
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
I turned it to left it stays there, turned it to the right and it stays there also. No difference. Does my car have an issue then ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
To All Figonians and Ford Family plus others
I have a query regarding steering. If i turn the steering to the right say to 1 or 2 O clock position, it returns automatically to the center 12 o Clock position. Whereas if the same is done to the left side say 11 or 10 o Clock position it doesn't come back.

Is this an issue with Figo or Ford cars in general or is it just my car doing it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
I have experienced the same on mine. Not sure why it happens like that.

While driving if you turn the steering in the 2 o clock position(or more clockwise) or the 10 o clock position(or more anti-clockwise) & then leave hands, The steering should come back to a position that can be between 11 o clock to 1 o clock.

All vehicles will have some difference but it should come back to a position thats between 11 & 1.

Some might even get a 12 o clock precin
Old 7th May 2010, 18:05   #2357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
I turned it to left it stays there, turned it to the right and it stays there also. No difference. Does my car have an issue then ?
A steering should try and revert to its default position or as close to it as possible the moment it is released. This only happens when the car is moving and does not happen if the car is stationary.

See if it turns back by itself after taking a turn, without endangering yourself. You are just supposed to feel a slight pull and eagerness to get back to default position.

The Fusion I drive does not come back urgently enough from 10 or 2 o'clock position, it takes more than that to get it going. Lower than specified pressure in the tyre will slow this process further.
Old 7th May 2010, 18:12   #2358
BHPian

Is it a sign of bad alignment also?
Old 7th May 2010, 18:23   #2359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
Is it a sign of bad alignment also?
It could be. A bad alignment will definitely try and pull the steering to one side. But i doubt it will have any effect on the steering trying to return to default position, it's just the default position would shift. Bad alignment will normally pull a car to one side or cause vibrations only at certain speeds.
Old 7th May 2010, 19:22   #2360
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
It could be. A bad alignment will definitely try and pull the steering to one side. But i doubt it will have any effect on the steering trying to return to default position, it's just the default position would shift. Bad alignment will normally pull a car to one side or cause vibrations only at certain speeds.
In old cars, its a sign of the suspension weakening & becoming soft. A weak suspension does effect steering feedback/feel

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 7th May 2010 at 19:28.
Old 7th May 2010, 19:31   #2361
Distinguished - BHPian

A Wagon-R I drove last weekend had the most stupid steering wheel. The steering won't return to normal position after you turn it to any direction. Stays like a rock! You Can do donuts all day long I guess!
Old 7th May 2010, 19:56   #2362
BHPian

Its a good doggie. Does like its told

I have a soft corner for the Waggie-R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
A Wagon-R I drove last weekend had the most stupid steering wheel. The steering won't return to normal position after you turn it to any direction. Stays like a rock! You Can do donuts all day long I guess!
Old 8th May 2010, 00:21   #2363
BHPian

issues

CAR: Figo Titanium TDCi

1. After 48 hrs Am having very bad neck pain due to the awkard head reast for my height. It is pushing my head too front (bent forward)

2. Seat belt warning is not working at all from delivery ? After keenly observing that there is seat belt warning lamp/indicator on the display it never lits up when the key is ON, or car is running !!! It comes on and turns off when the key is turned to ON first time along with all other lights.

3. My ABS light again glows for a fraction of second during cranking of engine (starting). what should I interpret it as ?

4. Lock from remote - indicator blinks twice and unlock it blinks once. I think this is opposite to all others (swift/autocop/nippon). Seems like a reverse connection (ulta) ?

5. Boot carpet is also not given (along with mud flaps)
Old 8th May 2010, 00:26   #2364
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post

Lock from remote - indicator blinks twice and unlock it blinks once. I think this is opposite to all others (swift/autocop/nippon). Seems like a reverse connection (ulta) ?
It works that way in Ford cars, the Fiesta has the same blinker configuration.
Old 8th May 2010, 09:50   #2365
BHPian

Quote:
2. Seat belt warning is not working at all from delivery ? After keenly observing that there is seat belt warning lamp/indicator on the display it never lits up when the key is ON, or car is running !!! It comes on and turns off when the key is turned to ON first time along with all other lights.

3. My ABS light again glows for a fraction of second during cranking of engine (starting). what should I interpret it as ?
2. This may not be a feature for Figo. On My Fiesta also this provision is there, but this feature is not avialable in Fiesta.

3. All the lights in the instrument panel, glows for a moment, at the time of engine start.
Old 8th May 2010, 11:56   #2366
BANNED

Quote:

4. Lock from remote - indicator blinks twice and unlock it blinks once. I think this is opposite to all others (swift/autocop/nippon). Seems like a reverse connection (ulta) ?

)

2. The seat belt warning light should switch off, as it is not a reminder! Its a warning light, By switching off it tells you that the seat belt pretensioner & the seat belt system is working properly.

You should be concerned when it does not switch off.

3. Not a problem

4. Its like that in all ford cars.
Old 8th May 2010, 12:14   #2367
BHPian

1. After 48 hrs Am having very bad neck pain due to the awkard head reast for my height. It is pushing my head too front (bent forward)
Get neck pillow and lumbar pillow basically you get in pairs, use one for you back the other one on the headrest. it helps it did for me.

Its not a warning to use seatbelt, it has to do with pretensioners i suppose, if its lit whilst driving then it means something is wrong with seat belt pretnsioners.

No idea on this, probably just to indicate that is working (guesing here)
Old 8th May 2010, 13:19   #2368
Senior - BHPian

With everyone worried about the Figo mileage i just checked out the various test drive reviews for the TDCi engine. (The last entry from BS motoring is on the Figo TDCi)

If these figures are to be believed i think we need not worry about the Figo F.E figures that owners here are coming up with.

What say??
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by gemithomas : 8th May 2010 at 13:24.
Old 8th May 2010, 15:26   #2369
BANNED

OK guys i know this is but i got some news that is still unconfirmed:

I arrived in mumbai today for a special celebration of the 100,000th fiesta being sold.

And i have some cracking unconfirmed news, I heard 2 of the top officials from our company discussing something which i could interpret as:

Next week to celebrate this occasion with the customers, A scheme will be launched which will be like "Buy a Fiesta & Fly to Bangkok". I have no other details.
Old 8th May 2010, 18:38   #2370
BHPian

fog lamps

The MRP price on the Ford Fog lamps kit box is ~Rs. 4137.
The essentials pack does not contains boot mat :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks