Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2010, 14:26   #2131
BHPian

Yep - I've got that too. I got that sound in my WagonR after it turned about 5 years old. I'm getting that sound in the Figo too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio07 View Post
anyone else hearing a sound while braking, or is it the suspension springs noise, happens just when the vehicle stops after braking
Old 23rd April 2010, 14:39   #2132
BHPian

Ok, here is a question on AC. When I drive alone, I normally keep only the 2 blowers open. (the ones which are on either side of driver). Does this have an impact on the power drawn by AC ? ( Compared to keeping all blowers open). If there is an impact on power, definitely it has FE implications. Since most of the time I drive alone ( That's why I bought a drivers car like Figo !), I can optimize the AC usage.
Old 23rd April 2010, 15:17   #2133
Senior - BHPian

Blower position or speed does not have any impact on the AC or the FE. Only the thermostat position will have an impact and that too it will be marginal.
Old 23rd April 2010, 15:48   #2134
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Exactly. All the cool air would be blown through the open vents irrespective of how many are closed. Only thermostat handles the cutoff. I have seen the thermostat position at the max blue position in all cars.
Old 23rd April 2010, 20:10   #2135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Blower position or speed does not have any impact on the AC or the FE. Only the thermostat position will have an impact and that too it will be marginal.
hmm..I am not very sure that's true about blower position. In the Alto I had, I really feel the increased lack of power when I put the blower in higher ranges.
Old 23rd April 2010, 20:38   #2136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
hmm..I am not very sure that's true about blower position. In the Alto I had, I really feel the increased lack of power when I put the blower in higher ranges.
The compressor load on engine will remain constant and does not have a direct relationship with the blower speed.
Old 23rd April 2010, 20:58   #2137
BANNED

Quote:
anyone else hearing a sound while braking, or is it the suspension springs noise, happens just when the vehicle stops after braking
Stiffer suspensions do have that kind of noise when they are brand new, I am sure it sounds like you just squished a plastic bottle under your car at very low speed. Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei View Post
If I spend 6k on sunfilm to increase FE (i'm sure not by too much), what will my losses be for that lesser FE without sunfilm? Will they be more than 6k? Just a thought.
Sunfilms only provide you better cooling & privacy. Impact on FE is negligible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
Just wondering if the Euro NCAP Crash Test Safety Ratings depend on number of Airbags on a particular model variant. If so, then the variants without airbag will have a poorer rating than their with Airbag brothers.

Can anyone elaborate?
It does depend on airbags & other safety equipment such as ABS, EBD, TC, ESP etc. etc. etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Ok, here is a question on AC. When I drive alone, I normally keep only the 2 blowers open. (the ones which are on either side of driver). Does this have an impact on the power drawn by AC ? ( Compared to keeping all blowers open). If there is an impact on power, definitely it has FE implications. Since most of the time I drive alone ( That's why I bought a drivers car like Figo !), I can optimize the AC usage.
Blowers draw power from the battery & not the engine, So performance & FE are independent of blower speed.!

PS - Guys I am reporting from Mumbai airport & waiting for my delayed flight to delhi. haha.
Old 23rd April 2010, 21:04   #2138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
PS - Guys I am reporting from Mumbai airport & waiting for my delayed flight to delhi. haha.
Did'nt know there is a volcano in India!!
Old 23rd April 2010, 21:07   #2139
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Did'nt know there is a volcano in India!!
The volcano mayhem in Europe is affecting domestic flights in India, All flights from mumbai airport to metros in India are delayed by atleast half an hour.

Lets talk about it later then or it will be excessive
Old 23rd April 2010, 21:14   #2140
BHPian

Yeah - a GRUNK kind of sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Stiffer suspensions do have that kind of noise when they are brand new, I am sure it sounds like you just squished a plastic bottle under your car at very low speed. Right?

Old 23rd April 2010, 21:16   #2141
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
Yeah - a GRUNK kind of sound.

Dont worry, it will die down completey, soon after you complete a couple of thousand kms.
Old 23rd April 2010, 23:35   #2142
BHPian

@mustang yes it does sound like that somewhat.
Today i filled her bellly, drank 28.68 litres with 343.6 on the trip since her last fill gives a mileage of 12kmpl. Most of it has been city driving with AC on, slow moving traffic sometimes had to do clutch driving also. Stopped the fill at the second stage as per earlier discussion. Nowthe dte showed 558 km with tank fill thats 12.4 kmpl?? is that all the figo gives or this is just the early stages when the engine is settling in? Mustang any thoughts?

Sorry to hear about delay due to ashes from Iceland, am sure our airport guys are capable of giving that as a reason.
Old 24th April 2010, 10:53   #2143
mxx
BHPian

The car looks much better than in pics.
I really hated the appearance of the car when i saw the pics.
Old 24th April 2010, 12:27   #2144
BHPian

Guys, I spotted a sea grey figo in Chennai a couple of days back on the chetpet flyover. It was early in the morning. Around 8-ish. Anyone of us?

It looks serene in sea-grey. I think this is one of the best colours for the car.
Old 24th April 2010, 18:24   #2145
BANNED

Quote:
@mustang yes it does sound like that somewhat.
Today i filled her bellly, drank 28.68 litres with 343.6 on the trip since her last fill gives a mileage of 12kmpl. Most of it has been city driving with AC on, slow moving traffic sometimes had to do clutch driving also. Stopped the fill at the second stage as per earlier discussion. Nowthe dte showed 558 km with tank fill thats 12.4 kmpl?? is that all the figo gives or this is just the early stages when the engine is settling in? Mustang any thoughts?

Sorry to hear about delay due to ashes from Iceland, am sure our airport guys are capable of giving that as a reason.

Dont calculate the mileage using the DTE, It will always show a lesser mileage. Do it the 'desi' way by using the odometer.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 24th April 2010 at 18:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks