Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th January 2010, 10:38   #196
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Somehow a similar setup for the Endeavour as the Punto doesnt really have much of an appeal. I would anyday prefer the Fortuner type taillamps there. Or is it coz its an SUV?
True. But the Endeavour by itself is such an old design. The rear lamp cut looks outdated there too. The Fortuner's rear end is tidy. I only wish Toyota mounted a spare wheel at the back for the "propah" SUV look. Am sure guys like Autopsyche are already working on a similar modification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
1. IIRC I have driven a 2000 model Indica which had turn indicator stalk that can be slightly tapped (Or may be we need to hold it). I don't know if the intention was this feature.
I have an Indigo and know what you are talking about. Nope, that's not the lane change indicator in discussion here. In a regular indicator stalk, pushing it down 1/2 way will make the indicator blink only once (for as long as you hold it in that position). Cars like the Figo will make the light blink 3 - 4 times, even after you leave the stalk, giving you just enough time to make that lane change manouveur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
As usual a very comprehensive test drive and review, GTO
Thanks. All your other questions have been answered previously, please search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
lol. Benny that was my point. In India if 2 cars with same engine at similar price points but one being a sedan and other being a hatch are offered to the customers. Customers will lean towards the Sedan and not the hatch.
Vid, market trends show otherwise. It is the premium hatch segment that is growing at the expense of the C sedan segment. The latter has actually declined in the recent past, and its growth rates far lesser, thanks to a plethora of hatchback launches in the 5 - 7 lakh segment which have found immense favour within the market place. I myself was surprised as conventional thinking dictates that the typical Indian buyer wants a car with a boot. The market has demonstrated that it prefers a fresh hatch over an entry level sedan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibhanshu View Post
Why would you buy Figo 1.6 when you already have a tuned Fiesta 1.6S already available in the market ? Price is one thing I see, or if someone prefers a hatch over sedan. It cannot be handling. Fiesta S is way superior.
One reason is price. Second, all things being the same, the hatch will handle better than the sedan (lesser weight and rear overhang).

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzehar View Post
Excellent writeup GTO ! I am amazed at the honesty and the responsibility with which you capture every minute detail for the benefit of everyone at this forum and beyond......

...........I am not sure of the monetary aspects involved but with the kind of knowledge and expertise you have in this domain (and the honesty with which you review a product), just know that your every word in your posts has the power to influence a common man like me to put my hard earned money into one of these machines.

Thanks Again ! I wish YOU and TEAM-BHP lots of success and prosperity in times to come
Thank you for making my day, Zzzehar! I realise the responsibility in reviewing new launches for Team-BHP, and ensure that I see a car through the eyes of a potential discerning customer. I have a knack of saying exactly what I think too

WRT the monetary aspect, Team-BHP does NOT accept any marketing / advertising $$$ from any automobile manufacturer. I am aware that some other websites / publications get paid by the manufacturer to review their products, but Team-BHP has a STRONG stand against this practice. In fact, we review cars at a cost to us. The cost of time and days spent away from the office. Believe me, the work backlog upon return isn't a pretty sight

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I too find the looks of the Punto real hot
Another reason I like the Punto's derrière; it's a clean all metal look.
Old 29th January 2010, 11:14   #197
BHPian

GTO,Thanks a lot for the review ! I am sure with every car launch the pressure on you to keep up your standard is going to be immense, thanks for the effort you put into each one.

Any idea if the Figo's rear seat would match that of the Indica V2 ? I am sure Vista is probably the segment leader in this aspect, but the V2 is not so bad.

I have one more Q, this point from Zappo

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1498933

Is the grille made from metal or plastic ?

Last edited by indivic : 29th January 2010 at 11:15.
Old 29th January 2010, 12:55   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1498933

Is the grille made from metal or plastic ?
Since this grill is also part of the front Bumper assembly, it can only be plastic(pedestrian safety norms). I saw these kind of (more open)grill first time on ANHC. IMHO, these grills offer less protection to the Radiator.
Old 29th January 2010, 13:43   #199
BHPian

Hi GTO,

What about the gear shift, is it same as Fiesta and Fusion?
Old 29th January 2010, 17:13   #200
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Any idea if the Figo's rear seat would match that of the Indica V2 ?
The Figo's rear sear offers great support, ride quality and the large greenhouse helps. Legroom is only average, better than Swift, and similar to a Punto. The Indica Vista is on a different plane. Not sat on a V2's backseat in a long time so cannot comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Hi GTO,

What about the gear shift, is it same as Fiesta and Fusion?
=

Quote:
Either engine uses the same (IB5 Ikon) gearbox with slightly different final drive ratios. The gearshift has reasonably short throws and the shift action is positive. The unit is a sure-slotting one and you won’t choose the wrong gear erroneously. Note that it isn't an ultra-slick Japanese box and does require a little effort.
Old 29th January 2010, 17:46   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

Figo @ Goa: Pics from Flickr

Ford Figo in Goa, India - a set on Flickr
Old 29th January 2010, 18:40   #202
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Ford Figo in Goa, India - a set on Flickr
Most pics are of green cars, however i just love the Figo in black. Looks elegant, yet sporty in this shade!
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-4312594791_7efc0c00f8_b.jpg

(Source: The flickr link above)

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 29th January 2010 at 18:45.
Old 29th January 2010, 18:53   #203
Distinguished - BHPian

@ Crazy Driver: That is the Sea Grey Colour I believe. Also available in the Fiesta.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-1-6sxi-2.html
Old 29th January 2010, 19:06   #204
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@ Crazy Driver: That is the Sea Grey Colour I believe. Also available in the Fiesta.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-1-6sxi-2.html
Hmmm. Thanks kiku007.

I hope the black dash version is like this, rather than grey dashboard. This is a PS job.
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-4312602735_5de1eaaeee_o_blck.jpg

Last edited by Dippy : 30th January 2010 at 14:10. Reason: Editing on request.
Old 29th January 2010, 19:28   #205
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Most pics are of green cars, however i just love the Figo in black. Looks elegant, yet sporty in this shade!
Quite true! Green is the worst color they could have chosen to showcase this car.
Old 29th January 2010, 19:55   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Hmmm. Thanks kiku007.

I hope the black dash version is like this, rather than grey dashboard.
Attachment 276850
Thanx for the pic CrAzY dRiVeR.
Black dashboard looks better IMO. I think red or coral dashboard suits white or red exterior colored car.
Thank Ford for giving an option to choose the color, Unlike i20 (i hate that chocolate dash yuck!). Its better to leave it to the taste of the customer.
Old 29th January 2010, 20:11   #207
BHPian

Black Figo looks elegant and classy. Black dash is also gud and seems to be of high quality. But I hate the silver center console, wud a prefer high quality wooden console.
Old 29th January 2010, 20:17   #208
BANNED

Quote:
Quite true! Green is the worst color they could have chosen to showcase this car.
So there is red also.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-img_0693a_1440x9001.jpg  

Old 29th January 2010, 21:09   #209
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulpine101 View Post
Thanx for the pic CrAzY dRiVeR.
Black dashboard looks better IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
Black dash is also gud and seems to be of high quality.
Forgot to mention explicitly-

The BLACK DASHBOARD pic was a PHOTOSHOP work by me, and not the original pic! Not sure how the black dashboard may look like, i was just trying the looks. Any pics of black dashboards already posted in the forum?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 29th January 2010 at 21:17.
Old 29th January 2010, 21:59   #210
BHPian

I was wondering where did you get the pic from as ford only sent green with orange interior cars only,for test drives.
Great photoshop skills. Keep it up!

I could only find these pics on the web.
They are from Ford presentation
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-ford_figo_29.jpg.html.jpgReview: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-ford_figo_30.jpg.html.jpgReview: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-ford_figo_31.jpg.html.jpg

EDIT:Finally got my 'Bhpian' tag ha ha.

Last edited by vulpine101 : 29th January 2010 at 22:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks