Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2010, 23:03   #2041
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
It sure is a complicated looking device. And this sure looks like it's intended to do more than just USB. To my knowledge, Normal USB ports have a maximum of 5 pins and this fellow here clearly has 20 separate points.

I hope Ford tells us soon what else can be connected in the rest of the ports.

Wikipedia - USB Connector Types
From what i can see i think its only the middle connector that has wires for connection. The two other colours on either side would be fancy i guess
Old 17th April 2010, 01:56   #2042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If I were to rank the 1.2 L petrols in order of competency, it would go thus : Ritz 1.2 > i10 Kappa > Figo > Punto > Fabia (3 cylinder).
Is this ranking based on performance / road test or on paper statistics / technical specifications ?

Reason I am asking is : you had skipped testing the Punto 1.2 Active (the newly launched 1.2 variants were not available then)

I think it would be great if you could come up with a test report of the new 1.2 variants of the Punto.
Old 17th April 2010, 09:07   #2043

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubhodeepdas@g View Post
It sure is a complicated looking device. And this sure looks like it's intended to do more than just USB. To my knowledge, Normal USB ports have a maximum of 5 pins and this fellow here clearly has 20 separate points.

I hope Ford tells us soon what else can be connected in the rest of the ports.

Wikipedia - USB Connector Types

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
From what i can see i think its only the middle connector that has wires for connection. The two other colours on either side would be fancy i guess
Its a simple USB Female connector(Glove box end) and a customized Female jack, with only 5pin holes being used currently. The rest could be for future use or could be manufacturer's default. The attached picture, tells it all.

Till now, has any of the Figo owners got it? I am not fascinated by the idea of reaching out to the glove box, to insert the Pen drive.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-better-view.jpg  

yesk007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2010, 10:09   #2044
BANNED

@yesk : If you are not fascinated by having this neatly placed in the glovebox, then you can also hang it outside the music system
Old 17th April 2010, 10:48   #2045
BHPian

Is there any way the usb socket which is put in the glove box, can be put in one of the 2 unused placeholders instead, just above the HU and right of the rear defogger/hazard lamp buttons?
Old 17th April 2010, 11:09   #2046
BHPian

Do the stereo have to be removed to fix the cable? Or can you just plug it in after removing the glovebox?

Revy, can you post a picture of the USB installation in your car?
Old 17th April 2010, 11:26   #2047
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
Is this ranking based on performance / road test or on paper statistics / technical specifications ?

Reason I am asking is : you had skipped testing the Punto 1.2 Active (the newly launched 1.2 variants were not available then)

I think it would be great if you could come up with a test report of the new 1.2 variants of the Punto.
Yeh I remember GTO mentioning he did not test drive 1.2 variant. GTO here comes a work out for you
Old 17th April 2010, 12:31   #2048
BHPian

Folks, I got the fog lamps and USB cable fitted yesterday. Details and some pics are uploaded in my ownership thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/78808-summer-nightdreams-my-red-hot-figo-tdci-titanium-6.html

@joe - here is a pic of the USB cable and adapter inside the glove box. As we don't have to plug and unplug pen drive frequently (unless you have many ! In my case, all my music is in one drive), I guess it is manageable to have it inside glove box.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Ford Figo (2010)-dsc00868.jpg  

Last edited by Revy : 17th April 2010 at 12:48.
Old 17th April 2010, 13:22   #2049
BHPian

I was in Bangalore on vacation recently and took the opportunity to test drive the Figo. My observations :

1. This is the previous generation fiesta hatch back with cosmetic surgery - front and rear mostly
2. Good balance of space for passengers and luggage
3. Tough to find a good driving position - I know this sounds strange, but this is what I found. Both myself and my friend who accompanied me are of average height - 5'6'' and found it difficult to achieve a good driving position. If you pull the seat forward in order to reach the pedals, the steering column fouls with the knees and the steering is a tad too close for comfort. Adjust so that the steering is just right and the pedal placement goes awry. Not sure if others have faced the same issue
4. Sun visor too close to eye lat my adjusted driving position. I found this very disconcerting
5. Fit and finish on 3 cars we saw was good. However plastics need improvement. The headlight switch looked and felt extremely flimsy.
6. Not sure of the build quality - while there were no rattles in the test car, the doors, especially the hatch felt very light and flimsy. I am concerned that the hatch might dent easily in case of a light impact from the back, especially since there is practically no bumper overhang.
Question - Do Indian cars have to meet the 4 mph bumper rule? If so, does the Figo comply?
7. Steering feel and feedback are awesome.
8. Both engines felt responsive (petrol a tad slow to pick up revs and speed) and gearbox slotted positively
9. Good price! VFM product
10. Nice showroom - Lathangi ford on Bannerghatta road, with enough cars, sales personnel to show one around on a sunday afternoon
Old 17th April 2010, 16:14   #2050
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesk007 View Post
Its a simple USB Female connector(Glove box end) and a customized Female jack, with only 5pin holes being used currently. The rest could be for future use or could be manufacturer's default. The attached picture, tells it all.
Thanks for a very informative Photo. And it's definitely a proper cable and looks like it has a heat insulation of some sorts on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesk007 View Post
Till now, has any of the Figo owners got it? I am not fascinated by the idea of reaching out to the glove box, to insert the Pen drive.
I actually did the opposite with my Kenwood. I had the iPod attached to the Kenwood sitting on a Belkin Stand in the front-center Cup Holder. But now, with toddlers around, I had to shift the cable into the Glove Box just so that they don't keep disconnecting the iPod. The 80GB iPod only comes out when it needs to get new songs, probably once in a month or so.
Old 18th April 2010, 15:26   #2051
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I'm currently in Nasik and boy, there's Figos all over the place! I've seen about 5 in the last 24 hours alone. Compare that to Bombay where I haven't seen even a single specimen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
Overall. How the engines are to live with (driveability, refinement) as well as outright power.

Quote:
I haven't tested the Punto 1.2 indepth, but I have driven the car. The 1.4 provides just about enough pep for the Punto; the 1.2 still gets a thumbs down from me. It's got poor performance relative to the direct competition. To me, the 1.2 simply doesn't make the cut in the Punto (read = lousy). It's the 1.3 MJD followed by the 1.4.
Old 19th April 2010, 08:43   #2052
Senior - BHPian

What has happened to this thread. It used to be always in the top 5 of the section. Now the enthusiasm has died down it seems. No major updates, discussions for last few days.
Old 19th April 2010, 09:34   #2053
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I'm currently in Nasik and boy, there's Figos all over the place! I've seen about 5 in the last 24 hours alone. Compare that to Bombay where I haven't seen even a single specimen.
I have gotten this impression that Ford cars dont sell in Bombay (hardly seen any Fiestas in Bombay, the few times I was visiting Bombay). Any clue, why this is the case? (I suspect Diesels dont sell much in Bombay - Is that so?)

I was hoping Figo would break into the Bombay market - but apparently not!
Old 19th April 2010, 09:40   #2054
BHPian

Ahmedabad Dealership

Haven't seen many Figos in Ahmedabad as yet.
In fact have felt that the only dealership out here - Cargo motors is quite dull and unorganized.
Went there a couple of times - interacted with 2 different salesguys. I told them that i wanted to dispose off my 2004 Ikon flair and book the diesel Figo. First time i went there they took my details (about my Ikon, what car i was interested in etc) and said that they will get back for a TD since at that time the TD car was not available. I didn't receive any call or response from them. Went there again after 3 weeks. They checked their database - my name or details were never entered. I somehow managed to get hold of the same sales executive - he checked his diary and said 'Sorry sir, seems your data has been misplaced.. Let me again take the details again'. Then he said that he will send some guy for valuation of my old vehicle that evening and send a TD car next day morning at my house which is 1 km from the dealership. Now this incident itself was around 10 days back. In these 10 days have not received any call from them, forget getting some for valuation or arranging a TD. Seems they are not interested in selling a new vehicle - very satisfied with the current inquiries Figo is generating. I remember 2 of the sales people talking. They were discussing that earlier it was nice - we would hardly get 5-6 inquiries in a day. Now because of Figo we get around 50 -what a headache !

I m saying all this from the sales perspective. Owning 2 Ford cars - 2004 Ikon and a 2006 Fiesta i am quite happy with the service section - in fact it has improved quite a lot in the last 1 year.
Old 19th April 2010, 09:50   #2055
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
What has happened to this thread. It used to be always in the top 5 of the section. Now the enthusiasm has died down it seems. No major updates, discussions for last few days.
Its raining Figo ownership threads. Discussions have gone to some of those threads as well. Figo is still the hot topic, if you consider the number of active threads/posts running on it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks