Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2010, 14:35   #2011
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
You know what - I work in the IT division of Ford, and the dealer told me that that department is not covered. I'm sitting still from that shock.

I just think I made a big mistake choosing Ford. Penny pinchers.
The dealer is conning you. Corp discounts are at a company level and not at a department level. Admin, HR, coders or accountants of a particular company get the same deal. File a complaint through customer service as well. I don't know what policies Ford has with respect to employee offers and schemes though.

Last edited by Gilead : 15th April 2010 at 14:38.
Old 15th April 2010, 14:52   #2012
BHPian

I called the Customer Care and told the lady about it. She was as bored as a fly on stale halwa.

She took my number and said that she will get back to me.

Plus, after I paid the full money - the Sales Cons told me that suddenly the lot will come after Tuesday. Promised day was today.

This whole thing is raising a stink. Maybe I should have chosen another car. I havent slept properly in days.

Anyway - this is OT in this particular thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
The dealer is conning you. Corp discounts are at a company level and not at a department level. Admin, HR, coders or accountants of a particular company get the same deal. File a complaint through customer service as well. I don't know what policies Ford has with respect to employee offers and schemes though.
Old 15th April 2010, 15:01   #2013
Senior - BHPian

Guess who's car has been delivered!!!

Picasa Web Albums - starweb - Figo
Old 15th April 2010, 15:40   #2014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Guess who's car has been delivered!!!

Picasa Web Albums - starweb - Figo
don't tell me Mkerala??
Old 15th April 2010, 16:06   #2015
BHPian

I bet it's him, see the squeeze shirt to go along with the Figo??
Finally the wait is over.
Old 15th April 2010, 18:46   #2016
BANNED

Yes. My heartiest Congratulations to Mkerala !

@Brix : Everyone is getting corporate discounts, PM silverknight, I guess he got a list of companies eligible for corporate discount. He was also denied earlier but when he called up CC, They told him that his company is in the list.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 15th April 2010 at 18:49.
Old 15th April 2010, 19:07   #2017
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoc View Post
@silverknight, is the figo more spacious at the back than the Punto?
I am 178cm tall. When the front seats are adjusted to my comfort, the knee room I have is significantly more in Figo than in a Punto.

OT: Strangely in a similar test (repeated twice) found more space in the Punto than Linea!
Old 15th April 2010, 19:09   #2018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Yes. My heartiest Congratulations to Mkerala !

@Brix : Everyone is getting corporate discounts, PM silverknight, I guess he got a list of companies eligible for corporate discount. He was also denied earlier but when he called up CC, They told him that his company is in the list.
Not sure if it can be categorised as corporate discount. I was given 3rd year ext. warranty free of cost. In case anyone has doubts about corporate list please do call CC.
And it seems there is no 4th ext. warranty for Figo, can anyone confirm ?
Old 15th April 2010, 19:41   #2019
BHPian

I called the CC, but she took my number and didnt call after that. Sent a mail.

BTW - whats the number for CC you called silverknight?

I asked for the 4th year premium. They said they have not received the figures for it, so they cant provide it. But it will be available anytime and wont change in cost. Of course, they are dealers and might be lying through their teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight View Post
Not sure if it can be categorised as corporate discount. I was given 3rd year ext. warranty free of cost. In case anyone has doubts about corporate list please do call CC.
Old 15th April 2010, 19:48   #2020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,
I am 178cm tall. When the front seats are adjusted to my comfort, the knee room I have is significantly more in Figo than in a Punto.

OT: Strangely in a similar test (repeated twice) found more space in the Punto than Linea!
Significantly more knee room than the Punto? That's a big plus for the Figo then!

I am of roughly the same height and didn't find space an issue with the Punto, but I think the seat was pushed back quite a bit, leaving less room for the person at the back.

But Linea < Punto in knee room is surprising!

@Brix, no discount for your department?! That has to be the lamest reason one can possibly give! Corporate discounts are merely a means of encouraging group buying / leveraging peer recommendations (word-of-mouth). Tell them you will take it up with Ford - you can shoot a mail about it to HR I guess.

Last edited by spindoc : 15th April 2010 at 19:56. Reason: Added note
Old 15th April 2010, 20:23   #2021
BHPian

Quote:
I called the CC, but she took my number and didnt call after that. Sent a mail.

BTW - whats the number for CC you called silverknight?

I asked for the 4th year premium. They said they have not received the figures for it, so they cant provide it. But it will be available anytime and wont change in cost. Of course, they are dealers and might be lying through their teeth.
#18004252500.
Whom did you ask, the dealer or CC ?

EDIT: Just checked Facebook page for Figo, even there they have stated that 4th year warranty premium is yet to be declared.

Last edited by silverknight : 15th April 2010 at 20:34.
Old 15th April 2010, 20:43   #2022
BHPian

Quote:
You know what - I work in the IT division of Ford, and the dealer told me that that department is not covered. I'm sitting still from that shock.

I just think I made a big mistake choosing Ford. Penny pinchers.
What an irony?

For once, good to see Ford-ians getting the wrong end of the stick! We the people (aam-junta category) should rejoice! Seems like dealers are so mighty pleased with the exponential increase in footfalls, that they no longer are bothered about these corporate sales couple with massive discounts - which used to create so much heart-burn, albeit secretly, in us aam-junta types

No hard-feelings, Brix. Just that the dormant volcano found an opportunity to erupt!

Time for you to opt for a Polo, maybe
Old 15th April 2010, 21:12   #2023
BHPian

Well, I had a massive headache and I just flamed them.

Am not in senior management, so till then I could as well be an outsider.

I took my insurance from outside and refused the 3M treatment. Probably that irked them. Anyway I will wait for the vehicle to come and then fight it out. Warranty is issued by the company and hence refundable if provided free.

I bought this car because of the all around good word floating around. Plus I work in Ford. Next time I wont be so nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
What an irony?

For once, good to see Ford-ians getting the wrong end of the stick! We the people (aam-junta category) should rejoice! Seems like dealers are so mighty pleased with the exponential increase in footfalls, that they no longer are bothered about these corporate sales couple with massive discounts - which used to create so much heart-burn, albeit secretly, in us aam-junta types

No hard-feelings, Brix. Just that the dormant volcano found an opportunity to erupt!

Time for you to opt for a Polo, maybe
Old 15th April 2010, 21:21   #2024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayded View Post
I bet it's him, see the squeeze shirt to go along with the Figo??
You've got real good eyes. I guess the wait for the Squeeze car got so much into him that he bought a squeeze shirt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Doc. Have you finalised on the car? Figo Vs.Manza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight View Post
I paid Rs.7980/- for two years and 50,000km additional warranty for the TDCi. I also got a extended warranty paper that mentions the same.

Last edited by gemithomas : 15th April 2010 at 21:23.
Old 15th April 2010, 21:30   #2025
Senior - BHPian

I saw the first Figo within my compound (next door family) 15 days back. Its a red, overall good impression lookwise. Not yet got time to take it around and see. They have test driven all the hatches in the market right now and finalised Figo. Also this is their 4th car (all in use). First one is a Santro, second a Chevy optra magnum, third a red i10 auto and fourth a red Figo. I guess they have done a good homework before getting the Figo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks