Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2010, 08:11   #1966
BHPian

Lot of questions about fog lamp prices and whether it has rear lamps as well..In Bangalore, my dealer Lathangi quoted a price of 4900 and they have no clue about the rear lamps. Haven't called them up yesterday to check whether stocks have finally come.
Old 14th April 2010, 08:20   #1967
BANNED

@Revvy : When there is provision for rear fog lamps then they should also put rear fog lamps, Also i guess they are avoiding putting rear fog lamps and are fleecing customers about it as the wiring to the rear fogs takes much more time & effort than the front fogs, so i guess its best for them to avoid it ATM so that it does not create much rush.
Old 14th April 2010, 08:27   #1968
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
@Revvy : When there is provision for rear fog lamps then they should also put rear fog lamps, Also i guess they are avoiding putting rear fog lamps and are fleecing customers about it as the wiring to the rear fogs takes much more time & effort than the front fogs, so i guess its best for them to avoid it ATM so that it does not create much rush.
That's not the right thing mustang. Not the expected level of service support.

Launching a car without fog lamps, alloy wheels etc and providing them as options at the dealer level? Then the dealers better know how to fix them.

@Revvy - If they sound clueless don't let them train in your car Better to wait!
Old 14th April 2010, 08:32   #1969
BANNED

@kiku : I 100% agree with you, but as you know the dealers & the service staff are treating the figo as they launched a fiesta which would sell only around 2K units per month throughout the nation. <------- Our famous careless dealers!

I guess one should give them time to experiment on fog lamps on other cars & wait a couple of months, By then everything would be clear & then one should get the fogs done up.
Old 14th April 2010, 08:34   #1970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@kiku : I 100% agree with you, but as you know the dealers & the service staff are treating the figo as they launched a fiesta which would sell only around 2K units per month throughout the nation. <------- Our famous careless dealers!

I guess one should give them time to experiment on fog lamps on other cars & wait a couple of months, By then everything would be clear & then one should get the fogs done up.
As long as they do not experiment on customers' cars its OK. But knowing FORD and its dealers' attitude, they have a long way to go.
Old 14th April 2010, 08:46   #1971
Distinguished - BHPian

@ Headers - Have you had any bad experiences with Ford Service-Chennai/Pondy in the recent past?

Barring one instance, my Ikon has never gone anywhere else other than Ford A.S.S in the past 5 years and they have not let me down. The spares are expensive though. But no cases of cheating, delayed delivery, job not done properly. Also they have prompt calls to fix appointment, follow up calls, free n prompt pick-up and drop services etc.

In Pondy - They got a technician to work on my Ikon's busted ignition coil even when they were officially closed on that day.
Old 14th April 2010, 08:52   #1972
BANNED

@kiku, @headers : I think our A.S.S. have really improved but the problem lies with the sales guys, The accessories guy is also a part of the sales team only. I was referring to that.

Well an example for our ford dealers is bhagat ford, When i took my Ikon from them, they had around 3 dealerships & now i guess they have a dealership in almost every city in punjab. They also have a tagline which goes something like, "Wherever in punjab you are, a bhagat ford is in a 100 km radius" Now why has this happened?

As they are extremely professional, wont give you a reason to complaint & always honor their word (like date of deliveries etc.). Thats what makes them them the largest & best ford dealers in India.

I am going to buy my fiesta 1.6 also in May from them this year.
Old 14th April 2010, 09:24   #1973
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The 1.6 will come, I know it. They are only waiting for the 1.2 P / 1.4 D to give the Figo the reputation of being fuel efficient. And then, there's the 100 BHP for us petrolheads.
Any educated guess on when the 1.6 petrol could be launched? Any time this year, given that the market appears to have responded reasonably favourably to the Figo.
Old 14th April 2010, 10:49   #1974
BHPian

To have the 1.6 planted, I would prefer the new Fiesta since it would anyway go out of the small car bracket due to the engine size, so why retain the rest of it.
Old 14th April 2010, 12:26   #1975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
Lot of questions about fog lamp prices and whether it has rear lamps as well..In Bangalore, my dealer Lathangi quoted a price of 4900 and they have no clue about the rear lamps. Haven't called them up yesterday to check whether stocks have finally come.
Quote:
I guess the "FOG" around the "Fog Lamps" on the Figo can be settled now.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1837545

For those who dont want to click! We get a switch that has rear fog lamp positions but No rear Fog lamps... Atleast not for now.
Old 14th April 2010, 13:11   #1976
Senior - BHPian

mkerala is supposed to be taking delivery of his car today around 3PM.

Hope to see him back with a ownership thread.
Old 14th April 2010, 13:46   #1977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
mkerala is supposed to be taking delivery of his car today around 3PM.

Hope to see him back with a ownership thread.
I really hope and pray that he gets his car today ! After what he has gone through for many months with 2 different car bookings, poor chap deserves a break

On T-BHP, we should celebrate him getting his car at last !
Old 14th April 2010, 14:01   #1978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Any educated guess on when the 1.6 petrol could be launched? Any time this year, given that the market appears to have responded reasonably favourably to the Figo.
Mustang mentioned earlier in this thread that no new variants or face lifts will be launched until at least a 100K units of the Figo have been sold. I personally don't think a 1.6 will ever make it into the Figo. Especially when the next gen Fiesta hatch is just around the corner as per reports.
Old 14th April 2010, 15:07   #1979
Senior - BHPian

Does Anyone know if we can fit bull bars on the Figo? I'm sure it would save quite a lot radiators.
Old 14th April 2010, 15:43   #1980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Does Anyone know if we can fit bull bars on the Figo? I'm sure it would save quite a lot radiators.
If the construction of the Figo is anywhere similar to that of the Fusion then a Bull Bar might do more harm than good. After having been through a Full Frontal Plastic Surgery for the car, I learnt that almost everything in front of the engine is either Plastic or Fiber barring the AC Condenser. And yes, the radiator is counted as plastic as well, in the name of Crumple Zone and Pedestrian Safety. The good thing is that the crumple zones work very well.

If Figo is similar (speculation), which probably it is, then the Bull Bar will be mounted on these plastic parts, which means that if at all anything hits the Bull Bar at moderate speeds, they would crack and you may need to change them. These are structural honeycomb plastic parts designed to break and absorb impact.

On the contrary, if the bumper, or whatever is left of it on the Figo takes the impact, it's good to withstand till about 20 - 30 kmph hits and things would just flex and come back to place.

My bet would be a full coverage insurance that includes plastic parts for the new generation vehicles like Punto, Figo, Polo and others.

Most Viewed