Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2010, 21:19   #1756
BHPian

After spending over 48 hours at service centre, 120+ kms of "testing" and new set of Goodyear tires my car is back with me. The problem of car pulling to left has been fixed.

@Gemi: My car steering used to move towards left like a second hand in a clock but anti-clockwise. But it was good enough to get the car drifted in the left lane within few meters depending upon the speed.
Old 9th April 2010, 21:21   #1757
mkh
Senior - BHPian

went today to a ford dealer, was next to a VW dealer so thought let me stop on the way and explore. VW did not have the TD car today at the showroom, wow! And they did not even extend a courtesy by saying, can we arrange at your location? Come tomorrow was the reply- wow!
Took a TD of the figo, was dealt properly and given a TD. The petrol engine is too noisy, its a lethargic drive with the 1.2 petrol. The diesel is great, and the car is a sure shot winner, the numbers will sustain. Swift and Indica Vista have a serious competition in the diesel hatch segment. I20 is a league apart with its higher class appeal but surely this car will appeal to the average indian buyer( not the exclusive few in the large cities)
Old 9th April 2010, 21:26   #1758
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight View Post
After spending over 48 hours at service centre, 120+ kms of "testing" and new set of Goodyear tires my car is back with me. The problem of car pulling to left has been fixed.

@Gemi: My car steering used to move towards left like a second hand in a clock but anti-clockwise. But it was good enough to get the car drifted in the left lane within few meters depending upon the speed.

Did you also have the apollo's? Did they just change the tyres? Or anything else was done. Please let me know how t go about changing the apollo's. I'm sure i cant jsut walk in and as for a new set of tyres!!
Old 9th April 2010, 21:36   #1759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Did you also have the apollo's? Did they just change the tyres? Or anything else was done. Please let me know how t go about changing the apollo's. I'm sure i cant jsut walk in and as for a new set of tyres!!
Yes the tyres were apollo. Two other cars also had tyre change. First they tried wheel alignment but it did not fix the problem. They tried Goodyear and that fixed the problem.
It seems to have been a big deal as Regional manager, Ford engineers and even the other dealer(Talera Ford) from Pune was involved in the whole process. My car is from Planet Ford.
You can certainly mention about this being a known problem with known solution. And they can check with Ford too.
Old 9th April 2010, 21:48   #1760
Senior - BHPian

Pardon my ignorance guys,How can the tyre brand change solve an issue like this?Figo is not the first car to use Apollo tyres. Are we missing something here?
Old 9th April 2010, 22:09   #1761
BANNED

Which fuel is best for figo? Normal or premium fuel like speed and high speed?
Old 9th April 2010, 22:26   #1762
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
Which fuel is best for figo? Normal or premium fuel like speed and high speed?
Stick to regular Fuel! It works the best.
Old 9th April 2010, 22:30   #1763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
@ misquitas : I surely will convey this to my colleagues about your compliments, Anyways I think this has been a learning curve for ford india & i agree that a few mistakes have been made (eg: apollo tires, mkerala's delayed figo) , I am sure the niggles will be sorted out this quarter only. Thanks for the much needed support guys.
Mustang, is there any way of knowing the sales breakup of the Figo during March. I'm keen to know the sales of the petrol viz-a-viz the diesel. I would also be interested in the variant-wise breakup. I suspect that the LXI versions may have had the least takers.
Old 9th April 2010, 22:47   #1764
Team-BHP Support

I don't get this part about the tyres being a problem.

The only thing can be a defective batch from Apollo. Else there is no reason the car should pull with apollo to one side but not with Goodyear.

Also, Gemithomas had posted a pic with no bumper on a Figo. That big bar you see is not the "Dog bar", it's the front impact beam which will be there in every car and not just the Figo.

The old Fiesta had the dog bar and it seems to be removed from the newer ones.

It's a diagonal bar behind the bumper grill. I's mounted diagonally and is only a 1/2" rod actually to prevent the lower part of the radiator from getting damaged.

Seems it is not there on the Figo.
Old 9th April 2010, 23:00   #1765
BHPian

Great Review, this will help the members to have a detailed idea regarding the new Figo. Hope it will hit the market deeply.
Old 9th April 2010, 23:08   #1766
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
He said he will call later and let me know what happened. Or I can find out on Monday.

A good risk mitigation plan calls for supplier diversity. If MRF goes on strike (like they seem to be doing all the time), can Ford stop production or deliver cars without tires?

All Fiestas with the exception of the 1.6S come with MRF ZVTS. The 1.6S comes with Goodyear NCT5.

The owners may be Mallu, but the factories are somewhere else. If you want to really improve your tires, get Continental or Michelin or Yokohama. Bridgestone isn't that great.
Excited to know about his terrorist model attack in the dealership. Hope dealer had some good defense against him.

Even Bosch is on strike.

My rented house occupant has a fiesta limited edition in my car pooch. Its the same MRF. So did ford cancel all contracts with MRF? Great loss to MRF.

MRF do has a small factory in the near by town here. At the first time they where making balloons, then changed to cycle tyre, now vehicle. I think Apollo also has a factory near Cochin.

Bridgestone is the worlds number one tyre manufacture, they are from japan.

Please see below the first service costs of figo from joe

The 2500 km service cost - (prices include tax)

Wash Fluid Pouch - Rs 55
Oil Filter - Rs 342
Engine oil - Rs 829
Labour and services - Rs 0.00
VAT - Rs 86
Total : Rs 1312

Can someone compare with maruti, so we can analyse the cost of ownership.

He got 40% discount when service guy lost the caps of his alloy.
I think it is a limited time offer, so hurry up.

O'h man this thread is going mad. 3 pages within 3 hours. How can i read all this? I wonder how does all of you going for work manage it? I am having holiday now so can manage. Only few days ago it crossed 2000 posts, now about 2500.

Last edited by mkerala : 9th April 2010 at 23:10.
Old 9th April 2010, 23:23   #1767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverknight View Post
Yes the tyres were apollo. Two other cars also had tyre change. First they tried wheel alignment but it did not fix the problem. They tried Goodyear and that fixed the problem.
It seems to have been a big deal as Regional manager, Ford engineers and even the other dealer(Talera Ford) from Pune was involved in the whole process. My car is from Planet Ford.
You can certainly mention about this being a known problem with known solution. And they can check with Ford too.
Apollo and goodyear are decidedly downmarket and one of the cheapest tyre that money can buy in India. Wonder why Ford had to dilute its brand equity by using them as OEM? Even TATA manza rides on Bridgestone tubeless rubber these days!!
Old 9th April 2010, 23:30   #1768
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer551 View Post
Yes, I am very much sure I tried with moving back and fro the seats to see if some position is comfy. Now I can not take it too back as well from where my feets could not reach the clutch/brakes. I think I am the first one to find it cramped just my personal opinion or expectation with a B segment hatchback.
I had the same problem in beat and alto but with figo it was much better. You should seat on another figo too. Its the only spacious car we can get at this price.
Old 9th April 2010, 23:32   #1769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
File a complaint with Ford customer service and tell them your car is drifting to the left and voila, you got yourself a new set of Goodyears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post

My rented house occupant has a fiesta limited edition in my car pooch. Its the same MRF. So did ford cancel all contracts with MRF? Great loss to MRF.
No, I did not say they terminated MRF's contract. They must have sourced additional tires from Goodyear during the MRF strike period.
Old 9th April 2010, 23:34   #1770

Is everything fine with the Sea Grey color? I am planning to book one tomorrow. I read about some issues with the Sea Grey colour some time back. Just wanted to check if all that is resolved now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks