Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2010, 19:46   #1531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
@ALL FIGO OWNERS : This is IMPORTANT!

Please drive your figo & on a straight road, leave the steering, Tell me if the car is moving towards the left/right & not going straight. Most probably if your car has this problem, then it will go towards the left.

A batch of cars have a steering alignment problem. It can be fixed in an hour for free at any dealership but i want to make sure that no one here has it.

Please convey to fellow figonians here.
Mustang, thanks as always for the prompt info. I'm sure all Figo owners over here will be heading for the next straight road ASAP. I fear that many other Figonians may not be aware of this defect as most are unlikely to leave the steering while the car is in motion.

Instead of creating panic and negative publicity through a media campaign, I hope Ford alerts all of its dealers to personally contact the figo owners and notify them of the potential issue with their car.
Old 6th April 2010, 19:50   #1532
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
Mustang, thanks as always for the prompt info. I'm sure all Figo owners over here will be heading for the next straight road ASAP. I fear that many other Figonians may not be aware of this defect as most are unlikely to leave the steering while the car is in motion.

Instead of creating panic and negative publicity through a media campaign, I hope Ford alerts all of its dealers to personally contact the figo owners and notify them of the potential issue with their car.

Nah, Its with just a small no. of cars about 50-100 of them AFAIK, btw ford is not disclosing it but i am telling you guys.
Old 6th April 2010, 19:53   #1533
BHPian

Can the date of manufacture be found through figo's VIN? If so, we could isolate the problematic batch with the date . Can't we Mustang?
Old 6th April 2010, 19:55   #1534
BANNED

@mission_safari : I dont have this info but it was on some production day in the first week of march as per my calculations
Old 6th April 2010, 19:55   #1535
BHPian

@Mustang Thanks for the info. Did a short drive but couldn't say for sure. I thought it pulled to the right initially but on the same road on the way back, it pulled to the left. Got a 200km drive tomorrow so I'm sure I'll find some flat road to check.
Old 6th April 2010, 19:57   #1536
BANNED

@joethomasv : your figo is ok as you are experiencing this left-right shift on the same road (banking of road is causing this), dont worry! It is easily felt in the problematic cars.
Old 6th April 2010, 20:01   #1537
BHPian

Cool Thanks! Do any part need to be replaced in defective cars?
Old 6th April 2010, 20:05   #1538
BHPian

Quote:
@Everyone who are worried about the spares cost, i dont have a list for the figo now but here is an interesting autocar article on the hard work we are trying to do to reduce spare costs for the ikon,fiesta,fusion,endeavour (petrol & diesel both for all cars). You can even find this at our showrooms in a pamphlet form.

http://bit.ly/7RK0la

PS - This is about 6 months old, some parts cost even lesser now.
Hi Mustang,

I want to say that the prices metioned are not 100% correct. I can say this at least for Tail-light Assy (each). It says 1528 INR and claim to be the lowest. But the actual truth is that the price is the highest among the comparison (2900 INR approx.).

May be you can remember that I PMed you few days for the same. I also contacted the customer care. They also confirmed the above price.

May be it's time to not rely on this article now.
Can we get a printed price list of FORD cars in showroom? At least, I know the service guys can't give me as they said they do not have such.

Note for all: I have to change the same, along with the rear bumper for my Fiesta, few days back.

Last edited by mayukh : 6th April 2010 at 20:08.
Old 6th April 2010, 20:05   #1539
BANNED

no part needs to be replaced, only adjustments have to be made.

@mayukh : you also told me that one dealer is offering you for around 1500/-, did you not check with him?

@mkerala : dont disclose this info anywhere else.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 6th April 2010 at 20:16.
Old 6th April 2010, 20:14   #1540
BHPian

@misquitas: i never said you can't question ford's policies. Just thought of adding my inputs. No offence meant. No wonder its a beauty of a car, no body's perfect so is Ford. Hope these issues will just be initial and all those who have paid for the car wouldnt feel taken for a ride.
Old 6th April 2010, 20:21   #1541
BHPian

Quote:
@mayukh : you also told me that one dealer is offering you for around 1500/-, did you not check with him?
Mustang,

That's a separate story all together. It seemed to me that the particular dealer is quoting lesser prices over phone just to attract customers to their service centres. They have their service centre in the city outskirts and hence losing customers to the newly opened another service center.

I even complained about the same to the FORD customer care. They said that they will look into it.

To ALL: Sorry for being a little off-topic. My point is just not blindly go by the ACI's price list in the PDF.

Last edited by mayukh : 6th April 2010 at 20:23.
Old 6th April 2010, 20:22   #1542
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
no part needs to be replaced, only adjustments have to be made.
I don't trust the wheel alignment and balancing capabilities in any A.S.S. I always get it done outside at a competent tire shop. Is this just a simple alignment issue that can be fixed at a tire shop as well?
Old 6th April 2010, 20:24   #1543
BANNED

@mayukh : there can be a possibility that the showroom in the city is quoting a higher price, My friend got his fiesta tail lamp replaced at south city ford for around 1600 rupees. Thats why i was so sure. anyways this is a little , Lets do this in a PM.
Old 6th April 2010, 20:25   #1544
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I don't trust the wheel alignment and balancing capabilities in any A.S.S. I always get it done outside at a competent tire shop. Is this just a simple alignment issue that can be fixed at a tire shop as well?
It is steering adjustment/alignment, The steering gaiters have to be removed & then steering has to be adjusted, Dont even think of getting this done outside.

@fiery enzyme : depends entirely on you, i dont care much about airbags but if you can manage without ABS then buy it.

Last edited by Mustang.101 : 6th April 2010 at 20:27.
Old 6th April 2010, 20:29   #1545
Senior - BHPian

^^ Wait for the ABS/Airbags fitted Titanium version. Safety takes a greater/bigger priority if I were to decide in the same situation.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks