Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2010, 14:41   #301
BHPian

I agree with Gilead. The THUD does sound much better than the THUNK.
But the THUD of the Palio gave an awesome feeling of solidity.

My cousin drives a 2002 Palio and he has had quite a few instances where people got hit by the door actually not opening fully and coming back due to its weight. (until its pushed complete open!)
==================

Guys I have a query. I went for getting sunfilms installed from a local auto mart in Noida. I chose to put Garware Classic Lite. Now the shop owner is saying that dont get the film put on rear window as it has de-fogging filaments and it might get spoiled.

I didnt understand at first then he explained that he has had a few cases where the sunfilm was spoiled by running the de-fogger and then when the car owner tried to remove the sunfilm, the defogger filaments came out with it.

He suggested me to use the rear film on the front windscreen if I wished to as it was 70% transparent and will not be noticeable. But the size being different it will not cover the entire front windscreen.

Do any of you guys have this issue?
@Gilead/ghodlur/sanjayc which sunfilm have you installed and have you got it on the rear window.
Old 17th June 2010, 14:47   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_rocker View Post
Do any of you guys have this issue?
@Gilead/ghodlur/sanjayc which sunfilm have you installed and have you got it on the rear window.
Of course I have sun film installed on the rear glass. Can you imagine how weird it would look otherwise. Your dealer is blabbering. The defogger works perfectly fine as well. I have no idea if the defogger lines will get damaged if I remove the sun film. I don't ever plan to remove it. I have the same Garware Classic as well. Garware sells a separate front windshield film called Ice Cool. That will cover the whole windshield. Don't install the rear glass sunfilm on the front. You really need to find a more competent installer.

Last edited by Gilead : 17th June 2010 at 14:50.
Old 17th June 2010, 15:16   #303
BHPian

I have at the rear. No issue for installing. Also, quite a few time have used the rear-defogger option to demist the rear glass..have'nt noticed the tint peeling off or any other issues. Removing the tint maybe another matter altogether.

Isn't the defogger/heat lines in the rear embedded inside the glass? I will be surprised if it is not.

Fiesta rear-defogger will automatically turn off after a specified period of time (I think 15 mins) once put on.

Do not try to put any tint on the front which is not designed/marketed for front. Also, front windshield installation is lot more trickier than other...few horror stories are there in this forum itself rergarding screw*** up with dashboard electronics while installing in the front.

Suggest, check the dedicated thread on sunfilms and the recently launched citywise threads for a good, reliable installer.
Old 17th June 2010, 15:17   #304
Senior - BHPian

@capt_rocker: You really need to stay away from that installer. Not because of the defogger thingy (which is true to some extent) but because he suggests that you use the ones for the rear on the front windscreen

Last edited by gemithomas : 17th June 2010 at 15:18.
Old 17th June 2010, 15:24   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Of course I have sun film installed on the rear glass. Can you imagine how weird it would look otherwise. Your dealer is blabbering. The defogger works perfectly fine as well. I have no idea if the defogger lines will get damaged if I remove the sun film. I don't ever plan to remove it. I have the same Garware Classic as well. Garware sells a separate front windshield film called Ice Cool. That will cover the whole windshield. Don't install the rear glass sunfilm on the front. You really need to find a more competent installer.
+1 to that. I have got the rear sun film installed by the Ford dealer during the delivery of the vehicle, I dont know the model but it was Garware allright and till now have used the rear de fogger on numerous occasions (courtsey chilling AC of Fiesta). Pls dont believe the dealer, he is bluffing, maybe he does not have a competent staff to install at the rear. Try another dealer and defintely the sun film can be installed on the rear window. Period.
Old 17th June 2010, 17:06   #306
BHPian

thanks for your advice guys, now im sure. i spoke to the sunfilm dealer and asked him if actually he has had any issues with the installation over the defogger rear window, to which he said "no" but he says he doesnt want to take chances.
ALthough about the underbody coating & paint protection, he advised to get it done from the Ford showroom.
now ill go to him and get the remaining part of the film installed on the rear window.

Also spoke to Ford SA who said there is no such known issue about installing the sunfilm on the rear glass.

thanks again guys!

Last edited by capt_rocker : 17th June 2010 at 17:09. Reason: adding text
Old 29th June 2010, 15:51   #307
Senior - BHPian

Mileage Update

I am pleased to report that I got a mileage greater than 10 for the first time ever. 10.15 to be exact. Surprisingly, my driving style has not changed at all. I normally shift from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th at around 3200 RPM. When I am doing some silly traffic signal drag races, I change at 4500 RPM. I drove through heavy traffic in the day time and some really fast flowing traffic in the night.

So I am guessing shajufx's reported mileage of 12 is possible after all with some conservative driving. But I have noticed that if the engine is lugged in the name of conservative driving, the mileage drops to less than 9.

Anyway, mileage is purely academic when driving a 1.6S. I would be happy as long as it stays above 8. My other car, the M800, gives 11.5. Not much difference between the two.

Last edited by Gilead : 29th June 2010 at 15:52.
Old 29th June 2010, 15:59   #308
Senior - BHPian

^^ Expect the mileage to improve further with more running in. My car's mileage has hovers around 11+ if I drive decently (with absolutely no lugging & shifting at 3K RPM).

PS: My car met with a wierd accident in Bangalore. The rage of the Bangalore traffic to be precise. I will update more in my thread!
Old 29th June 2010, 17:26   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
^^ Expect the mileage to improve further with more running in. My car's mileage has hovers around 11+ if I drive decently (with absolutely no lugging & shifting at 3K RPM).
You may be right about this running in thing. My mileage has steadily increased from 9.4 to 10.1 over the last few months. I have done less than 6K kms till now. I fill only regular unleaded. Not tried System G yet.

Quote:
PS: My car met with a wierd accident in Bangalore. The rage of the Bangalore traffic to be precise. I will update more in my thread!
What happened to the new HU?

Last edited by Gilead : 29th June 2010 at 17:27.
Old 30th June 2010, 07:52   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^^ Expect the mileage to improve further with more running in. My car's mileage has hovers around 11+ if I drive decently (with absolutely no lugging & shifting at 3K RPM). Do you shift gears at 3K rpms, I normally do at 2K, is it ok?

Thats bad news man, The road rage is taking toll in evry metro these days.

@Gilead - BTW what happend to the pics of 3 aquarius blues side by side as promised in one of your posts in Capt's thread.
Old 30th June 2010, 13:52   #311
Senior - BHPian

ghodlur, shifting at 2K RPM is okay too, but not much fun.

I can get a picture of two Aquarius 1.6S standing next to each other any day, but the third one is proving to be a bit elusive.
Old 30th June 2010, 17:15   #312
BHPian

Guys completed 2100kms today and the S keeps surprising me. The fuel problem sorted out itself after a tankful of good grade fuel. My average is around 10-10.5 in the last 2 tankfuls. Couldn't find System G yet!!!

Took the S on a hilly trip to Rishikesh and Tehri Dam. Will post pictures soon on my thread. The trip gave the S a few bruises which cut my heart out. The left front skirting got few big scratches. The rear bumper took a hit when a stupid bike guy hit from behind full force trying to overtake n brake!! The bumper on the left front got 2 fresh scratches when a moron tried to unpark his car next to mine, brushing his right side to mine.. arrrghh!!
Old 30th June 2010, 17:18   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You may be right about this running in thing. My mileage has steadily increased from 9.4 to 10.1 over the last few months. I have done less than 6K kms till now. I fill only regular unleaded. Not tried System G yet.
I was using the SystemG for sometime, but I found the engine to be getting slightly rough and stopped using it.

Quote:
What happened to the new HU?
Forget the HU, I have to get insurance for a new front bumper, right fender, right HL, right foglamp!

Quote:

I can get a picture of two Aquarius 1.6S standing next to each other any day, but the third one is proving to be a bit elusive.
Would you mind if the 3rd S is black in color!?

Last edited by anachronix : 30th June 2010 at 17:20.
Old 30th June 2010, 17:27   #314
BHPian

Quote:
I am pleased to report that I got a mileage greater than 10 for the first time ever. 10.15 to be exact. Surprisingly, my driving style has not changed at all. I normally shift from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th at around 3200 RPM. When I am doing some silly traffic signal drag races, I change at 4500 RPM. I drove through heavy traffic in the day time and some really fast flowing traffic in the night.

So I am guessing shajufx's reported mileage of 12 is possible after all with some conservative driving. But I have noticed that if the engine is lugged in the name of conservative driving, the mileage drops to less than 9.

Anyway, mileage is purely academic when driving a 1.6S. I would be happy as long as it stays above 8. My other car, the M800, gives 11.5. Not much difference between the two.
Gilead you are shifting from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th at 3200rpm!! I usually do it at about 2500-3000. I was apprehensive about pushing her too much initially but now i think after 2000kms she has freed up. Leaving the traffic signals on green light is a hoot now as I simply love smoking other cars. i havent crossed 4000 rpm yet. Although for a while when changing from 2nd to 3rd she goes upto 4100 rpm.
Im not a conservative driver as well but i think ill wait for the 1st service to really bring her to the marks.. more later buddy!
Old 1st July 2010, 07:51   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess shifting at higher rpms is more fun in "S" but shifting at 2k rpms in an ZXI is OK I guess. The fun begins after the gear shift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_rocker View Post
The fuel problem sorted out itself after a tankful of good grade fuel. My average is around 10-10.5 in the last 2 tankfuls. Couldn't find System G yet!!! Good to know that the low mileage issue is resolved. Surprising you havent yet found System G. Pls find below the Delhi add details. Try talking/writing to them for an authorized outlet.
DELHI
K- 26, Hauz Khas Enclave, Near. I.I.T. Fly Over. NEW DELHI - 110016 INDIA
Tel. No. 011- 6560886 / 6567877
E-mail - iftex@giasdl01.vsnl.net.in
Contact Person :- Mr. Rajiv Bharadwaj

Took the S on a hilly trip to Rishikesh and Tehri Dam. Will post pictures soon on my thread. The trip gave the S a few bruises which cut my heart out. The left front skirting got few big scratches. The rear bumper took a hit when a stupid bike guy hit from behind full force trying to overtake n brake!! The bumper on the left front got 2 fresh scratches when a moron tried to unpark his car next to mine, brushing his right side to mine.. arrrghh!!
Capt - I guess now your shark does not need any limbu mirchi, it has now been baptized. Dont worry, small scatches should not take away the fun of riding the shark. Even I encountered the moronic bikers and have a nice looking scratch on the right door.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks