Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2010, 15:23   #226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I immediately checked the tire pressure and they were at 25. Made them all 30 and the zippiness is back again. It was fun to watch the DTE climb up rather than down.
Ever since I filled air from a BPCL pump, I had this feeling that my car was not riding as smoothly as before. I had this nagging doubt in the back of mind that the tire pressure was off again. So I took it to a Yokohama dealer who has some good equipment and checked the pressure again. They varied from 26-32! Not a single tire was at 30. I never realized that the petrol pump machines were so bad. I made them all 30 again and the ride is back to its earlier perfection. I think the 1.6S is fairly sensitive if the tire pressure is not at the recommended level. I can feel it at once.

Last edited by Gilead : 24th March 2010 at 15:25.
Old 24th March 2010, 15:31   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Ever since I filled air from a BPCL pump, I had this feeling that my car was not riding as smoothly as before. I had this nagging doubt in the back of mind that the tire pressure was off again. So I took it to a Yokohama dealer who has some good equipment and checked the pressure again. They varied from 26-32! Not a single tire was at 30. I never realized that the petrol pump machines were so bad. I made them all 30 again and the ride is back to its earlier perfection. I think the 1.6S is fairly sensitive if the tire pressure is not at the recommended level. I can feel it at once.
You now have me worried. I think this variation is happening in my accent too. I am thinking of investing in that portable device to check tyre pressure. nairrk bought one from ebay IIRC.
Old 24th March 2010, 15:44   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
You now have me worried. I think this variation is happening in my accent too. I am thinking of investing in that portable device to check tyre pressure. nairrk bought one from ebay IIRC.
Get it checked at the earliest at a tire dealer's shop. I don't trust these rickety old air pumps at petrol bunks any more.

I will check out Nair's thread. Maybe I'll get one too.
Old 24th March 2010, 16:08   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Get it checked at the earliest at a tire dealer's shop. I don't trust these rickety old air pumps at petrol bunks any more.

+

yes, that one is good (photographs are there in my thread) and I did double check with a tyre shop and it was accurate then.
Old 18th April 2010, 09:29   #230
BHPian

1.6 S DISCONTINUED !!

Went to the Ford Pune dealer yesterday to book the Fiesta 1.6 S after weeks of reading thro T BHP and got to hear that they are not taking bookings anymore. All the attention was for the FIGO understandably. Took a test drive of the sxi reluctantly - the suspension did not impress; could hear all the thuds on rough roads. And discounts of just the insurance and a not so interested sales guy ....Guess I 'm unlucky with the FORD - was interested in the FUSION few months back and discovered that it has been discontinued too.

Moving to the SX4 or the JAZZ...
Old 18th May 2010, 07:24   #231
BHPian

Gilead, how did the 2nd service go?
Old 18th May 2010, 13:42   #232
BHPian

Quote:

A good tyre guage is defnitely handy. The ones in the petrol pumps are mostly faulty. I got a Michelin pressure guage from ebay uk for 1900. Everytime I fill it I cross check with mine.
Old 18th May 2010, 13:49   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleo View Post
1.6 S DISCONTINUED !!

Moving to the SX4 or the JAZZ...
Nope, it's not discontinued. One of our members booked one last week. Only the Aquarius color is gone. But yeah, dealers aren't that interested in selling the Fiesta any more when their hands are more than full with Figo sales. A friend of mine had a lousy experience at MPL Ford when he went to check out the 1.6S but the salesman tried hard selling a Figo TDCi saying it has bluetooth etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Gilead, how did the 2nd service go?
It went great. I'll post a report tonight maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
A good tyre guage is defnitely handy. The ones in the petrol pumps are mostly faulty. I got a Michelin pressure guage from ebay uk for 1900. Everytime I fill it I cross check with mine.
Thanks but I found a reliable independent tire shop where the gauges seem accurate.
Old 18th May 2010, 16:35   #234
BHPian

Quote:
A friend of mine had a lousy experience at MPL Ford when he went to check out the 1.6S but the salesman tried hard selling a Figo TDCi saying it has bluetooth etc.
What?For a moment MPL guys remind you as if they are a goverment office.
some people just dont learn.
Old 3rd June 2010, 11:08   #235
Senior - BHPian

Shoddy body work

Some of you may remember that my car was hit by a bike sometime back. I had given it to Chennai Ford, Poonamalee for body work on the left side. I thought they had done a great job, but the shoddiness is starting to show now. The left side skirt has not been glued back properly and it's starting to peel away. It's fouling with the left front door and I have to push the skirt down a bit to open that door.

I filed a complaint with Ford customer care but there has been no response from them so far. I am not going to Poonamalee to get this fixed. If there is no response from Ford, I plan to get this fixed on my own at a nearby place. Why they couldnt even get a simple glue work right is beyond me.
Attached Thumbnails
My Blu-Monster- Ford Fiesta 1.6S Aquarius-skirt-001-50.jpg  

My Blu-Monster- Ford Fiesta 1.6S Aquarius-skirt-002-50.jpg  

Old 3rd June 2010, 11:41   #236
BHPian

Halley that skirt job looks horrible. Best to get these fixed at a trusted body shop. Even I need to find one for the Swift. It's been collecting dents and bruises at an alarmingly fast pace. Most recent one was an 'L' board aunty ji who just came and banged the rear bumper at standstill.
Old 3rd June 2010, 12:07   #237
Senior - BHPian

Repeat the complaint in WRITING to Ford (keep on repeating on a daily basis until you get a response from them), if possible, with the photographs.
Get the best out of them prior you carrying out the work elsewhere!
Old 3rd June 2010, 13:24   #238
Senior - BHPian

Ideally it should be got done from the dealer where the body work was done. If you would not want to take action against them then this act of daylight robbery would continue on some more Fiestas. You should take the dealer to task by showing them their work of art. As @nairrk said keep the Ford guys in loop, you are bound to get a + reply. As known to you many Fiestians have already benefitted by writing to Ford.
One query why would they use glue? is there no better way to fasten or hold the skirting??
Old 3rd June 2010, 14:29   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Repeat the complaint in WRITING to Ford (keep on repeating on a daily basis until you get a response from them), if possible, with the photographs.
Get the best out of them prior you carrying out the work elsewhere!
I have written to them twice but no response so far. Looks like they have their hands full with Figo delivery issues.

Does anyone know the actual email IDs of their higher ups? custmail and write2md IDs are useless. I haven't even gotten the canned response or a ticket number yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Ideally it should be got done from the dealer where the body work was done. If you would not want to take action against them then this act of daylight robbery would continue on some more Fiestas. You should take the dealer to task by showing them their work of art. As @nairrk said keep the Ford guys in loop, you are bound to get a + reply. As known to you many Fiestians have already benefitted by writing to Ford.
One query why would they use glue? is there no better way to fasten or hold the skirting??
The Chennai Ford body shop is in a village on the Bangalore highway. I am not going to that place again. It costs a bomb in call taxi fare just to go back and forth. As I said, there has been only silence from Ford so far. Their service is turning out to be as pathetic as Maruti's.

The skirt is fully bolted and it's in no danger of falling off. But a lot of glue is used as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvivek75 View Post
Halley that skirt job looks horrible. Best to get these fixed at a trusted body shop. Even I need to find one for the Swift. It's been collecting dents and bruises at an alarmingly fast pace. Most recent one was an 'L' board aunty ji who just came and banged the rear bumper at standstill.
Actually you will notice the shoddiness only if you look closely. But the bigger issue is that the door on that side can't be opened easily. Do you know any good independent body shops? I plan to check out the place where Pr_007 got his bodykit done. It's somewhere near Ampa Mall on Nelson Manickam road. I can't keep waiting forever for Ford to respond.

Last edited by Gilead : 3rd June 2010 at 14:31.
Old 3rd June 2010, 14:50   #240
BHPian

@Gilead - Maybe you can try the MPL Body Shop at Guindy if thats quite accessible for you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks