Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2009, 15:13   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.rajat View Post
When we commented on the quality of plastics used, the salesman said "Tata ki steel ki factory hai toh bahar steel achha lagaya hai, bus plastic ki factory khulne do, phir dekhna badhiya plastic lagayega!!"
*LOL*
infact i was said the same thing regarding the quality for Manza, and SE replied, tata uses the best steel for body offered in any indian cars but then sir its tata so thoda bahut plastic idhar udhar rahega na, but its still good one.
Old 15th December 2009, 17:48   #107
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.rajat View Post
"Tata ki steel ki factory hai toh bahar steel achha lagaya hai, bus plastic ki factory khulne do, phir dekhna badhiya plastic lagayega!!"
*LOL*
I do think the Tatas have their own subsidiaries supplying the plastics. I cannot recall the unit name, though!
Old 15th December 2009, 19:02   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

I do think the Tatas have their own subsidiaries supplying the plastics. I cannot recall the unit name, though!

Hi trrk,

The name that comes to my mind is TACO

Tata AutoComp Systems Limited > Home
Old 18th December 2009, 14:38   #109
BHPian

Hey vjoy
Any updates on your Manza?
Old 18th December 2009, 17:41   #110
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by adits View Post
Hey vjoy
Any updates on your Manza?
Nothing new to add mate. Got first servicing done early this week.
Had a doubt though - For the teflon coating coupon they had given, was expecting some oil paint etc., while the service guy just put some power and polished. Dad and driver had been there and since I wasn't clear I kept quite. Yesterday late evening got call from the someone in service dept. whom I had spoken earlier - that they do door step teflon coating which costs 2500 Rf while one I got wasn't real coating. Planning to talk to sales rep.
Had noted a cranky noise once in a while on right wheel after passing humps on the road. As part of service they said they had replaced bushnel(? not sure) and it no longer audible. After ~ 900 Km in past 5 weeks, had first set of scratches when a two wheeler decided to have some satin gold :(
Still awaiting my 200W belkin DC/AC inverter ordered on rediff and answer to my earlier query if I can use both the 12V DC outlets (front + rear) same time.
Meanwhile, planning to get sunfilm & seat covers done this weekend.

So far had only one sighting of manza (satin gold quadrajet few weeks ago near my house). The vehicle still gets few heads turning while on road. The other day just after I had covered the vehicle(I park outside the house) and was walking to the gate, a couple driving on bike came back and started asking about the price, AC etc., I ended up demoing the prized possession for 10 mins

Vijay
Vijay
Old 18th December 2009, 18:13   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
Nothing new to add mate. Got first servicing done early this week.
Had a doubt though - For the teflon coating coupon they had given, was expecting some oil paint etc., while the service guy just put some power and polished. Dad and driver had been there and since I wasn't clear I kept quite. Yesterday late evening got call from the someone in service dept. whom I had spoken earlier - that they do door step teflon coating which costs 2500 Rf while one I got wasn't real coating. Planning to talk to sales rep.
Had noted a cranky noise once in a while on right wheel after passing humps on the road. As part of service they said they had replaced bushnel(? not sure) and it no longer audible. After ~ 900 Km in past 5 weeks, had first set of scratches when a two wheeler decided to have some satin gold :(
Still awaiting my 200W belkin DC/AC inverter ordered on rediff and answer to my earlier query if I can use both the 12V DC outlets (front + rear) same time.
Meanwhile, planning to get sunfilm & seat covers done this weekend.

So far had only one sighting of manza (satin gold quadrajet few weeks ago near my house). The vehicle still gets few heads turning while on road. The other day just after I had covered the vehicle(I park outside the house) and was walking to the gate, a couple driving on bike came back and started asking about the price, AC etc., I ended up demoing the prized possession for 10 mins

Vijay
Vijay
Am not too sure of the teflon coating. Never did one for my cars (2 Indicas and a Santro XO). Did try it for my bike (HH Passion) but never saw the point so didnt do the follow up polishes. Others would advise you better on this.

The cranky noise must be something hitting the suspension (like a small stone), so would not be worried much about the bush.

A likely scenario for the 12V socket usage would be the chauffer charging a mobile phone up front while in the read, the owner (or family) using a laptop. Hence IMHO, it should be possible to use both the 12V sockets at the same time. The Manzas electricals should be able to handle the load.

Looks like you have the (dis)honour of drawing first blood on a Manza, on TBHP at least.

The looks you get from passers-by is good. The Manza may not be a 'looker' like the Linea but the novelty factor is keeping it in the same league for now. Or may be I am wrong and the Manza looks better than the Linea (at least according or my better half. She hated the Lineas and GPs looks).
Old 19th December 2009, 23:54   #112
BHPian

Any niggles??

Hey Vjoy, congrats once again. Apart from the issues you experienced in the first few days, have you experienced/ come across any niggles or issues in the car in the 1000 kms that you have covered???

Last edited by MihirC : 19th December 2009 at 23:55.
Old 20th December 2009, 06:31   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
, The same thing I would like to say about the tata about the progression that had made as a truck manufacturer into a car manufacturer but sadly, it took nearly 20 years for the same.
Pardon my ignorance, but I was assuming that manza's progress in car body fit and finish is due to the new assembly line in which lineas and manzas are made. If so, this progress could be directly attributed to investment.

If not, could someone shed some light on any reasons behind recent developments inTATA's improved quality?
Old 20th December 2009, 08:15   #114
BHPian

Quality in TATA

Quote:
Originally Posted by gshanky View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but I was assuming that manza's progress in car body fit and finish is due to the new assembly line in which lineas and manzas are made. If so, this progress could be directly attributed to investment.

If not, could someone shed some light on any reasons behind recent developments inTATA's improved quality?
This is slightly off-topic but I would like to comment on gshanky's view. I would like to believe that the improvement in quality of the recent tata cars is not because of the shift in their assembly lines but I guess due to their maturity over the years as a car manufacturer. One of TATA's sales persons had also mentioned that the company's focus has now shifted from giving just an affordable car to providing a car that the new indian would buy and like, and that is the reason that they have improved in quality!

If the shifting of assembly lines is the sole reason for producing better cars, the the improvements should have been limited only to vista and the manza. But even the new sumo is very good in terms of quality and the upcoming indicruz has the innova as its benchmark(fingers crossed that it will be atleast comparable to the innova), but going by the recent trend, I guess that would be a cake walk for the TATAs! Anyway I am proud of the improvements that TATA has made over the years (regardless of the fact that it took them 20 years)
Old 20th December 2009, 09:53   #115
BHPian

nice pics and nice car. congrats !
also did the manza come with the mangola sweets (from one of the pics) lol

Enjoy your new car and drive safe !
Old 20th December 2009, 13:42   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdiatech View Post
nice pics and nice car. congrats !
also did the manza come with the mangola sweets (from one of the pics) lol

Enjoy your new car and drive safe !
Nope that is vjoy with the mangola sweets. i had already asked him that earlier. Looks like he needs something to do when people around are busy admiring his manza!!! What better than munch on some sweets??

Last edited by adits : 20th December 2009 at 13:43.
Old 21st December 2009, 15:49   #117
BHPian

Any issues with the car/any niggles??

Apart from the issues you experienced in the first few days, have you experienced/ come across any niggles or issues in the car in the 1000 kms that you have covered??? Im sure everyone wants to know how much TATA has succedeed on this front as well
Old 21st December 2009, 15:53   #118

Yes please, need to know what to look out for.
Thanks
Old 21st December 2009, 16:28   #119
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihirC View Post
Apart from the issues you experienced in the first few days, have you experienced/ come across any niggles or issues in the car in the 1000 kms that you have covered??? Im sure everyone wants to know how much TATA has succedeed on this front as well
None at all. After 1050 km, am still yet to see anything new. Since am still a newbie, I keep pestering driver on every (imaginary) sound I hear , but he just
keeps comparing to the ascent & others he has driven earlier and is all praises. BTW, he was the first to identify some of the earlier ones so am sure he is not simply trying to please me.
This week when I went for accessories (will soon post the snaps of camel colored car seat cover with black strips + charcoal black sunfilm), while the shop owner kept reeling the goodies I can add on, I just kept replying - yep its already there, what else can I have to pamper myself

Some inputs on the music system which I had been thinking of for long:
+I liked the volume controls and mute on steering wheel besides the phone call/end.
+The settings menu has standard options to select the type of music etc., which is good
-Given that I end up spending an average 1 hr every day with my ipod, I maybe biased, but the quality seems average at all frequencies. This is especially true since I prefer listening at low volumes.
+Again since I have a huge collection of songs stored on the multiple harddrives laptops & desktop; the USB port comes handy instead of having to burn a CD everytime.
-The blue background, font etc., of the display could have been better.

Driver seat height could have been a bit more (please note I have only the 800 and santro I tried at driving school and no sedans as such) to improve visibility if a stray puppy / cat passes close to the car.

About the Tata A.S.S - After reading thru the complaints on tbhp & hearing from friends, am prepared for worst, but till date it has been satisfactory.

Vijay
Old 21st December 2009, 17:38   #120
BHPian

Hi Vijay,

Congratulations on buying the Manza ( May be too late). It looks very good. I had seen 2 Manza's with Concorde stickers in the Kukatpally area. One was white and the other one was silver. Slowly I guess the sales are picking up and it is only time before we see many on the road. I always felt that hyderabad for some reason has affinity for Tata Cars. I have never seen so many individual owned Indica's in chennai. Here I see many during my daily commute of 6 kms itself.

Regards,
Venkatesh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks