Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2010, 17:43   #1471
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv1976 View Post

Any fellow fiestans using blackberry with active GPS based navigation support? I use a blackberry curve 8900 and want to activate this service. When I checked with my service provider - Airtel Bangalore, they asked my to download a navigation tool from mywayfinder.com and they charge about Rs. 200 per month for this. They are also claiming voice based assistance. Any alternate suggestions here?
+
Have you checked the thread 'Gadgets,computers & software'??
There are few sub-threads under this,especially 'Satguide vs Mapmyindia'
and you can see many postings about all gps related topics /questions /answers??

Try it - you may get some information, if not you can ask your doubts in that thread?

Last edited by nairrk : 19th January 2010 at 17:43. Reason: correction
Old 19th January 2010, 18:05   #1472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Reached Kolkata, safe & sound. Distance Travelled: 1750 Kms. Crossed ODO:3500+ Kms in exactly 1 month (18 Dec-18th Jan).
Supaaaar!! Good going Sanjay. Now, you will start getting hooked to these lone drives. Have a good time driving back.
Old 19th January 2010, 18:35   #1473
BHPian

Quote:
Reached Kolkata, safe & sound. Distance Travelled: 1750 Kms. Crossed ODO:3500+ Kms in exactly 1 month (18 Dec-18th Jan).
Welcome to Kolkata, sanjayc !!! Hope you have a pleasant stay here.

On my personal front, things are not very good for me. I have not got my car even though it came to the dealer on Dec 20, 2009 itself. And I am simply tired of waiting. Whom to blame? I do not know. May be my luck or the stakeholders mentioned below:
1. SBI Loan: Applied on Dec 17, 2009, the loan got finally sanctioned on Jan 11, 2009 (after a whopping 25 days)
2. Dealer got the DD on Jan 14, 2010. I was told that the courier company appointed by SBI couldn't find my dealer's address twice. I had literally tell them the direction over phone.
3. Lastly (till date), the registration process: Supposed to be taking 3 working days (I was told to bribe Rs. 1000 to get it in the same day, did not opt). Dealer sent it for registration on Dec 15. Was supposed to get it on 20 (Sat-Sun being a holiday). Now it has got postponed for another 2 days - State Govt. holiday on Monday (for Jyoto Basu) and on Wednesday (for a bengali puja).

I feel like banging my head for these delays. I think I am the first person whose car is lying at dealer's place for a month and the owner is not taking it.

Thank God, the stockyard is good with my car staying at the building's 3rd floor.

I feel that I am just losing all my excitement to own a new car. And I am pretty sure some problem will come up again.
Old 19th January 2010, 18:37   #1474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
....10 days in Goa? any idea of giving a write up/ Travelogue ? Also you should have taken your Fiesta, like sanjay, and enjoyed a long drive?
Sorry Nairji, I cant post good pictures that does not have the 'forbidden' things around !! So you know a write up without photos looks dry. The only reason I dropped 'driving' to Goa was the recent flood affected roads, which was more than I thought, and experienced it when we came back by Bus (train tickets not getting confirmed even on a 40 days prior booking). When it comes to places like Goa, I would always prefer to go by air or rail (as long as someone is there to take you around) because I cant drive around with 'weak legs and hands' !
Old 19th January 2010, 19:33   #1475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post
Welcome to Kolkata, sanjayc !!! Hope you have a pleasant stay here.
Thanks. I am basically born & brought up in CCU but shifted to CHE in '92 (my parents/brother stay in CCU).

Just returned from Ganges Ford for doing a checkup of all engine oil/coolant/steering fluid etc and water wash the car. It took a solid 4+ hours. Reached there at 12:30pm and exited at 5 pm out of which from 1-2:30pm no work can be done becos of lunch break.

However, now my car is in pristine condition once again.

Quote:
On my personal front, things are not very good for me.
Going by Ganges Ford experience, I can now feel your frustration. Tomm. being Saraswati Puja, 23rd Netaji Birthday, 26th Republic day..this month you can write-off practically. Just be patient for a while longer..
Old 19th January 2010, 19:47   #1476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
When it comes to places like Goa, I would always prefer to go by air or rail (as long as someone is there to take you around) because I cant drive around with 'weak legs and hands' !
Very true. The last time I went to Goa, I had no soda-water mix for 1.5days since I was the designated driver. Didn't miss much though, prefer driving any time over soda-water mix!! Wonder what the is the level of police checking there, with almost all the tourist there being a bit high always.
Old 19th January 2010, 20:05   #1477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just returned from Ganges Ford for doing a checkup of all engine oil/coolant/steering fluid etc and water wash the car. It took a solid 4+ hours. Reached there at 12:30pm and exited at 5 pm out of which from 1-2:30pm no work can be done becos of lunch break.
How much did you pay for this? This is exactly what they do in the first service. Just a general check and wash. No oil change.
Old 19th January 2010, 20:08   #1478
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. I am basically born & brought up in CCU but shifted to CHE in '92 (my parents/brother stay in CCU).
I should correct myself then. Yes. "Welcome back home!!!" It seemed to me also that you have some roots back here on the day I learnt that you are coming here.

I hope your parents are also excited too after seeing your new possession.

In fact, I have not even informed my parents that I am buying a new car. Forget about other relatives and friends. Planning to surprise them on 26th by driving down to my native place (some 30 KM away). I know that it will be quite a surprise for them.
Just praying that I get the car delivered before that.
Old 19th January 2010, 20:11   #1479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Wonder what is the level of police checking there, with almost all the tourist there being a bit high always.
Its not just the tourists, even the locals are bit high in the season, waiting for a chance to fight with outsiders. We had close to 5 or 6 ocassions where there were decent reasons to punch a local (if we were in bangalore !!), due to the MH registered cars we were using and the 'sober' state of people involved. Every time my sis-in-law (being a 100% goan) had to intervene in local language and bring the situation in control !! Now when I think about all that, those were the best moments of our whole trip !

I cant think of taking our Fiesta beauty to such a situation, its not meant to go through abuses. I love my Fiesta, now its part of the family.
Old 19th January 2010, 22:12   #1480
BHPian

Well it can be a boon or bane, in my case I did not know about this feature and it junked my Bluetooth Speaker from Kryocera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
a good thing i discovered yesterday in my fiesta, the mobile was getting charged through the charger even when the car is locked and ignition is switched off, its a nice feature.
may be something is more in kitty left to be seen.
Old 19th January 2010, 22:28   #1481
oss
BHPian

Got my first dent

I did this stupid thing this morning. Was stuck behind a slow moving tanker on the fast lane. As i had to take a U-turn near the signal i continued with patience behind the truck without going to the left side of it. After some time don't know what came to me, decided to overtake him from the left.

When i had crossed him from the left realised i might overshoot the junction, so put the indicator and started moving to the right, expecting the truck guy to slow down a bit.

But he was in a hurry to beat the signal and had actually increased the speed, and the next thing i heard was the sound of metal kissing
Old 19th January 2010, 22:49   #1482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
How much did you pay for this? This is exactly what they do in the first service. Just a general check and wash. No oil change.
220/- bucks (screenwash liquid,on my insistence, since I used this a lot while driving in the evenings 70/- + water wash/vacuum 150/-). No, this was not treated as first service...but due to my local language skills and the general surprise about the long distance travel, they did a courtesy check for oil levels. Personally even carried out a underbody check for any visible damages..could not see any, and hence strcitly told the waterwash guys not to do any underbody wash..except for wheel arches.

Quote:
I hope your parents are also excited too after seeing your new possession. Just praying that I get the car delivered before that.
They were aware of it but my parents/relatives are really terrified that I have undertaken this journey alone. They are now insisting me to hire a driver for the return journey, which I am not willing to heed at all.
--------------

One thing I forgot to mention. Somewhere before Vijaywada, I encountered heavy rains for almost 20 mins in the eve. Even the wiper at the highest speed was useless. Moreover, while using the wipers, it creates a thin water film layer on the windscreen, which actually worsens the visibility. Have u guys used any special liquid/treatment on the glasses which can reduce this thin layer effect?

To my surprise, I found most of the trucks happily continued driving in this heavy rains while all so called sophisticated sedans/hatches, just parked along the roadside and waited for the rain to stop.

Last edited by sanjayc : 19th January 2010 at 22:51.
Old 20th January 2010, 09:49   #1483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

On my personal front, things are not very good for me. I have not got my car even though it came to the dealer on Dec 20, 2009 itself. And I am simply tired of waiting. Whom to blame? I do not know. May be my luck or the stakeholders mentioned below:
1. SBI Loan: Applied on Dec 17, 2009, the loan got finally sanctioned on Jan 11, 2009 (after a whopping 25 days)
2. Dealer got the DD on Jan 14, 2010. I was told that the courier company appointed by SBI couldn't find my dealer's address twice. I had literally tell them the direction over phone.
3. Lastly (till date), the registration process: Supposed to be taking 3 working days (I was told to bribe Rs. 1000 to get it in the same day, did not opt). Dealer sent it for registration on Dec 15. Was supposed to get it on 20 (Sat-Sun being a holiday). Now it has got postponed for another 2 days - State Govt. holiday on Monday (for Jyoto Basu) and on Wednesday (for a bengali puja).

I feel like banging my head for these delays. I think I am the first person whose car is lying at dealer's place for a month and the owner is not taking it.

Thank God, the stockyard is good with my car staying at the building's 3rd floor.

I feel that I am just losing all my excitement to own a new car. And I am pretty sure some problem will come up again.
++
You should have asked the dealer to get a temp registration and with that you could have taken the delivery of the car . ( I think you have one month validity for this temp.registration?) . I have seen many cars running with the board's like 'For Registration', 'Registered' etc and once you get the final Registration theny you can fix the number plate.
was it not possible in your place?
Old 20th January 2010, 10:19   #1484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Sorry Nairji, I cant post good pictures that does not have the 'forbidden' things around !! So you know a write up without photos looks dry. The only reason I dropped 'driving' to Goa was the recent flood affected roads, which was more than I thought, and experienced it when we came back by Bus (train tickets not getting confirmed even on a 40 days prior booking). When it comes to places like Goa, I would always prefer to go by air or rail (as long as someone is there to take you around) because I cant drive around with 'weak legs and hands' !
+
okok, I got it
Anyway, good to know that you all had great time there even without your FIESTA!
Old 20th January 2010, 10:38   #1485
BHPian

I updated the service log for 30K/18 months service at http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...12-months.html
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks