Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2010, 16:16   #1456
Senior - BHPian

got a hand on i20 (top model), it is also equally handsome, a car with 6 air bags and sun roof, ACC with air condition air at glove box to cool the water bottles, WOW great features in a small car but at a price of a fiesta at 8 lacs.

its an off topic report, but i just love to know all the features this hatchback has, will give run for sale to any of the car in features but at a premium price.
Old 18th January 2010, 19:54   #1457
Senior - BHPian

The typical Indian mentality and purpose of owning a sedan is undergoing a real change since 2008 as we got i20, Fabia, Jazz, Punto and many others that changed the buyer's perspective towards cars in India. People are more cautious about mileage, parking in crowded places etc. without compromising on the quality and comfort part. So if a hatchback is beating a sedan on comfort, there is no surprise anymore. People are ready to spend money for practicality.

I myself test drove i20 and Punto elaborately with a serious buyer's mind. I was not particular about buying a sedan at all. The moment I sat on a Fiesta driver's seat, it was not a hatchback/sedan dilemma in my mind, but a perfect and fast decision making that "this is my car". I was least bothered about the boot, also went through unnecessary waiting and desperate phone arguements and firings with the sales guy at Ford (which was explained in detail through my Fiesta thread) but inspite of all that pain, I didnt want to change my mind.

I have driven a Corolla, A6, Mitsu Gallant, VW beetle, M800, WagonR, Omni etc. either owned by self or friends. Fiesta has made an impression in me that might last longer. If I have to buy another car for the family needs, it will be a hatchback. I think Ford Fiesta hatchback is gradually making its way to our soil.

Last edited by shajufx : 18th January 2010 at 19:56.
Old 18th January 2010, 19:58   #1458
Senior - BHPian

where have you guys put your tbhp stickers? its been high time since i did. just wanted suggestions as to which one and where!

shaju: i would LOVE buying a Fiesta hatch!!! (with the 1.6 of course!)
Old 19th January 2010, 06:05   #1459
BHPian

Reached Kolkata, safe & sound. Distance Travelled: 1750 Kms. Crossed ODO:3500+ Kms in exactly 1 month (18 Dec-18th Jan).

Started 16th Sat 7 am - Reached Kolkata Mon 12 noon. 2 night halts (Vizag, Chandikhol Orissa). Messed up big time with my start timings otherwise distance easily travelled in 2 days with a single night halt.

Absolutely zero issues with the car, thus passing the long distance drive test with kudos with avg 14-15 kmpl in TN/AP & 12.5 in OR/WB. Solo driven, but almost 150kgs of lugggage/other materials in rear seat/boot. A/C/Heater 100% on. Max distance travelled in a single day Appx 850Km - Chennai 2 Vizag. Avg Speed 100-120 touching 140 occassionally.

With almost 100Kms of VERY VERY bad road conditions in Orissa/WB, not a single rattle/belly scratch/breakdown. The Suspension/GC with 32psi in all tyres presented no issues travelling over those horrible strecthes.

With fog/mist combined with road dirt, it is now a test of how good the paint protection is? Will be taking to local Ford A.S.S today for wash.

Must mention MMI for iPhone. Excellent directions. Did'nt have to ask anyone for directions. Completely relied upon the MMI maps and on road directions, thus never have to lose way, even within Vizag city(first visit) at 11pm.

Last edited by sanjayc : 19th January 2010 at 06:09.
Old 19th January 2010, 08:12   #1460
Senior - BHPian

@sanjayc,

Wow, what a journey it must have been. Congratulations on making it safely to your destination. These kind of reports have been time and again reaffirming the faith Fiestians have put in their car. The FE you mentioned is also damn good. Hope you make it safely back home during your return trip.
A couple of questions:
1) Did you have to check your tyre pressure during the trip.
2) Any issues of body pain/backache after/during the journey.

Ford should definetly refer your journey to promote Fiesta
Old 19th January 2010, 08:34   #1461
BHPian

@sanjayc
That must have been one fantastic drive! Congratulations. Where exactly did you find the bad roads in Orissa & West Bengal? Can you avoid the broken stretch on your return leg, perhaps by driving through Bihar instead?
The Ganges Ford workshop in Kolkata is somewhat better located than the Victoria Ford one. You can pm me if you need any contact numbers. Have a wonderful stay in Kolkata & enjoy the beautiful weather.
Old 19th January 2010, 09:30   #1462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Reached Kolkata, safe & sound. Distance Travelled: 1750 Kms. Crossed ODO:3500+ Kms in exactly 1 month (18 Dec-18th Jan).

Started 16th Sat 7 am - Reached Kolkata Mon 12 noon. 2 night halts (Vizag, Chandikhol Orissa). Messed up big time with my start timings otherwise distance easily travelled in 2 days with a single night halt.

Absolutely zero issues with the car, thus passing the long distance drive test with kudos with avg 14-15 kmpl in TN/AP & 12.5 in OR/WB. Solo driven, but almost 150kgs of lugggage/other materials in rear seat/boot. A/C/Heater 100% on. Max distance travelled in a single day Appx 850Km - Chennai 2 Vizag. Avg Speed 100-120 touching 140 occassionally.

With almost 100Kms of VERY VERY bad road conditions in Orissa/WB, not a single rattle/belly scratch/breakdown. The Suspension/GC with 32psi in all tyres presented no issues travelling over those horrible strecthes.

With fog/mist combined with road dirt, it is now a test of how good the paint protection is? Will be taking to local Ford A.S.S today for wash.

Must mention MMI for iPhone. Excellent directions. Did'nt have to ask anyone for directions. Completely relied upon the MMI maps and on road directions, thus never have to lose way, even within Vizag city(first visit) at 11pm.
good going sanjay,
even i am planning for a long drive to Jim corbett national park in the coming week or so.
Old 19th January 2010, 09:52   #1463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
where have you guys put your tbhp stickers? its been high time since i did. just wanted suggestions as to which one and where!
+
I have fixed 2 stickers, as under:

One on the rear windshield

All Fiesta Owners - You are here-sticker-001-small.jpg

anoher one on the rear bumber

All Fiesta Owners - You are here-sticker-008-small.jpg
Old 19th January 2010, 09:58   #1464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
The typical Indian mentality and purpose of owning a sedan is undergoing a real change since 2008 as we got i20, Fabia, Jazz, Punto and many others that changed the buyer's perspective towards cars in India. People are more cautious about mileage, parking in crowded places etc. without compromising on the quality and comfort part. So if a hatchback is beating a sedan on comfort, there is no surprise anymore. People are ready to spend money for practicality.

I myself test drove i20 and Punto elaborately with a serious buyer's mind. I was not particular about buying a sedan at all. The moment I sat on a Fiesta driver's seat, it was not a hatchback/sedan dilemma in my mind, but a perfect and fast decision making that "this is my car". I was least bothered about the boot, also went through unnecessary waiting and desperate phone arguements and firings with the sales guy at Ford (which was explained in detail through my Fiesta thread) but inspite of all that pain, I didnt want to change my mind.

I have driven a Corolla, A6, Mitsu Gallant, VW beetle, M800, WagonR, Omni etc. either owned by self or friends. Fiesta has made an impression in me that might last longer. If I have to buy another car for the family needs, it will be a hatchback. I think Ford Fiesta hatchback is gradually making its way to our soil.
That is true, thats what i also thought of while going for Fiesta, in fact it is a major contribution of suggestions of you all bhp people who helped me in shortlisting Fiesta,

cars like i20, fabia, punto, jazz and upcoming polo are something which will make the people think to go for a intelligent cars like these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+
I have fixed 2 stickers, as under:

One on the rear windshield

Attachment 268572

anoher one on the rear bumber

Attachment 268573
nairrji, the thread is going to come close to 100, indeed one of the most favorite threads.
Old 19th January 2010, 10:16   #1465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@sanjayc,
A couple of questions:
1) Did you have to check your tyre pressure during the trip.
Did check the same at 2 places just to make sure no puncture is there..since I assume tubeless punctures are difficult to feel for first few kms. Before I entered OR, also wanted to ensure max GC as far as possible.

2) Any issues of body pain/backache after/during the journey.
The longest I drove without any break was on Monday - continuous 5 hrs with only a 10-15 break for a fag/p.i.s.s..otherwise every couple of hrs I took min 15-20 mins off, sometime more. No back/leg pain..but yes felt slight neck/shoulder level pain becos of constant pressure of staring straight ahead and high level of concentration. This however I even get while normal work at home while working long hrs on laptop..so am used to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura View Post
@sanjayc
That must have been one fantastic drive! Congratulations. Where exactly did you find the bad roads in Orissa & West Bengal? Can you avoid the broken stretch on your return leg, perhaps by driving through Bihar instead?
OR-just after crossing Icchapuram- lot of diversions and potholed roads for some 60-70kms and then again in Bhadrak/Balasore. Basically, whole of OR was a pain, if not the road itself, then the traffic/people on the road. Entire OR stretch is filled with diversions..NH5 is no complete and somewhere work has come to a complete halt it seems.

Nope..not planning to alter my route..know devil is better than unknown one.

The Ganges Ford workshop in Kolkata is somewhat better located than the Victoria Ford one. You can pm me if you need any contact numbers. Have a wonderful stay in Kolkata & enjoy the beautiful weather.
Am going to Ganges since it is nearer to my home. Already called up and fixed appointment with them yday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
good going sanjay,
even i am planning for a long drive to Jim corbett national park in the coming week or so.
Great! Best of Luck.
Old 19th January 2010, 10:28   #1466
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

++
A long journey that too driving all alone - must admire you
And also nice to hear that your fiesta is doing well all along!
All the best and take care
Old 19th January 2010, 13:08   #1467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Distance Travelled: 1750 Kms. Crossed ODO:3500+ Kms in exactly 1 month (18 Dec-18th Jan).........Absolutely zero issues with the car..........Must mention MMI for iPhone. Excellent directions. Did'nt have to ask anyone for directions..
Sanjay, thats a great news for every fiestians on the reliability of the beauty we own. You have covered an ODO figure in 1 month what I have done in 6 months !!! I know I have to push my beauty more from now!

I drove 600 kms in 12 hours without having a single cause of worry nor tension. Tire pressure was maintained at 30 psi throughout my up and down trip (1200 kms) with the handy air checking tool I got as a compliment from my tire shop. Since I upgraded my tires to Michellin XM1+, 30 psi gave the most soothing ride.

About your MMI iphone, I know what you are talking about, I have seen it working perfectly on my co-brother's iphone 3Gs while moving around in Goa for 10 days. Its a lovely gadget to own and use.

All the best to your remaining road trip !!
Old 19th January 2010, 15:58   #1468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I have seen it working perfectly on my co-brother's iphone 3Gs while moving around in Goa for 10 days. Its a lovely gadget to own and use.
hai, I forgot to ask you- You spent (enjoyed) 10 days in Goa?
any idea of giving a write up/ Travelogue ?

Also you should have taken your Fiesta, like sanjay, and enjoyed a long drive?

Last edited by nairrk : 19th January 2010 at 16:00. Reason: correction
Old 19th January 2010, 16:24   #1469
BHPian

Quote:

Must mention MMI for iPhone. Excellent directions. Did'nt have to ask anyone for directions.
Congrats Sanjay! I'm sure lot of us are feeling proud today with your driving experience and I wish you a safe trip back.

Any fellow fiestans using blackberry with active GPS based navigation support? I use a blackberry curve 8900 and want to activate this service. When I checked with my service provider - Airtel Bangalore, they asked my to download a navigation tool from mywayfinder.com and they charge about Rs. 200 per month for this. They are also claiming voice based assistance. Any alternate suggestions here?
Old 19th January 2010, 16:30   #1470
Senior - BHPian

yesterday i showed a marvel of my fiesta to my family, the car took a great u turn from a very small narrow turn, every body was amazed by the turning radius of a sedan car.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks