Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2010, 20:46   #1441
BHPian

Will Ford bring the new fiesta by replacing the old one or in typical fashion, have them together.
Old 15th January 2010, 20:48   #1442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Nair Saab has the sixth sense!!
With that 3 ltrs of water in the early morning on an empty stomach, he might develop a 7th sense too !!
Old 16th January 2010, 09:38   #1443
Senior - BHPian

Sahju+ unni

Thanks and thats good sense of humour talking about 6th and 7th sense !
Unni, bring shaju also to the drive in beach?
So that both of you can enjoy the back sea comfort of your Fiesta's!!
Old 16th January 2010, 10:45   #1444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
Will Ford bring the new fiesta by replacing the old one or in typical fashion, have them together.
+
No firm news yet whether they are going to replace present fiesta to new one. what they are doing is upgrading the existing models. Latest is that EXI variant has be given some upgradation and introducing as 2010 LIMITED Edition.!
Old 16th January 2010, 14:15   #1445
Senior - BHPian

a good thing i discovered yesterday in my fiesta, the mobile was getting charged through the charger even when the car is locked and ignition is switched off, its a nice feature.
may be something is more in kitty left to be seen.
Old 16th January 2010, 17:30   #1446
Distinguished - BHPian

I hope Ford doesnt replace the fiesta with the new one, but keeps the fiesta around to replace the Ikon + some premium.
That is what the fiesta did to the Ikon and the Verna did to accent.
Old 16th January 2010, 17:40   #1447
BHPian

Hope so too Lamborghini.

I am close to putting my money on the special edition fiesta. Planning to replace my WagonR Duo soon. Test Drove the Fiesta Diesel, i20 crdi and Dzire Zdi. Overall Fiesta feels like the car I would love to own. Don't want to buy the car and find it getting replaced soon.
Old 16th January 2010, 19:59   #1448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Unni to the beach ? That is news to me. He loves to take solo drives and that habit hasnt changed even after marriage !! What to do ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
the mobile was getting charged through the charger even when the car is locked and ignition is switched off, its a nice feature.
Its normal, even the music system will play at a touch of the volume button. Fiesta is full of such small pleasures that are not highlighted by Ford as marketing points ! ORVMs moving to the front and back is something one comes to know only after owning it.
Old 17th January 2010, 10:36   #1449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
I hope Ford doesnt replace the fiesta with the new one, but keeps the fiesta around to replace the Ikon + some premium.
That is what the fiesta did to the Ikon and the Verna did to accent.
+
I dont think Ford will do that mistake by replacing thier best selling brand Fiesta from market. I believe they will keep upgrading Fiesta (still there are few features which can be added i.e ACC, Steering wheel mounted Audio controlls, small digital clock, touchscreen based ICE including GPS Navigator- the one like in Endeavour- etc etc?) and make it to compete with other sedan's?
Old 18th January 2010, 11:00   #1450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
a good thing i discovered yesterday in my fiesta, the mobile was getting charged through the charger even when the car is locked and ignition is switched off, its a nice feature.
may be something is more in kitty left to be seen.
+
As shaju correctly said, there are few items/features which is already in existance in the car were not sepcifically highlighted by Ford. May be in the next upgradation, they will speficy all these features to give more attraction
Old 18th January 2010, 11:16   #1451
Senior - BHPian

ACC is one feature which I sorely miss in my Fiesta. Its a pain sometimes when you have to keep switching the AC ON & OFF esp when my wife and son are sitting in the front and start complaining the moment I switch ON the AC saying its getting too cold.
Other features which Ford should have given a thought are un openable rear doors when the central locking is activated, Wiper controls on left hand of steering for Indian conditions. Nair sir maybe you can collate the wish list from this thread and send it to Ford, India. They would definitely look into it seeing it coming from a senior BHPian.
Old 18th January 2010, 11:42   #1452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
ACC is one feature which I sorely miss in my Fiesta. Its a pain sometimes when you have to keep switching the AC ON & OFF esp when my wife and son are sitting in the front and start complaining the moment I switch ON the AC saying its getting too cold.
Other features which Ford should have given a thought are un openable rear doors when the central locking is activated, Wiper controls on left hand of steering for Indian conditions. Nair sir maybe you can collate the wish list from this thread and send it to Ford, India. They would definitely look into it seeing it coming from a senior BHPian.
+
You can close the A/c Vent on the middle and left side of the dashboard when your wife+son sitting in the front seat and feeling too cold the air is. Alternatively, you can change the direction of vent opening?
Old 18th January 2010, 14:16   #1453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
With due respect to your view I would differ on this point. This is just like microsoft word or a nokia phone. Because of the large user base a particular feature say locking/unlocking key combination becomes the right way. Simmilary the wiper control on left or indicator on right seem the correct way just beacause thats how most have the manufactures designed it. Its purely following the other designs because the market is used to a particular way.
A few thousand kms and one feels that that the right side indicator is the way it should be
Old 18th January 2010, 14:45   #1454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos View Post
With due respect to your view I would differ on this point. This is just like microsoft word or a nokia phone. Because of the large user base a particular feature say locking/unlocking key combination becomes the right way. Simmilary the wiper control on left or indicator on right seem the correct way just beacause thats how most have the manufactures designed it. Its purely following the other designs because the market is used to a particular way.
A few thousand kms and one feels that that the right side indicator is the way it should be
Its because of the Japanese manufacturers who have the maximum share i.e Maruti, due to maruti we have this feeling that the wiper should be on the left hand side and similar platform is used by Honda as well because they too are japanese, Ford being an european car can have the exemption
Old 18th January 2010, 15:08   #1455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Nair Saab, let me know once you are back from your Chennai trip. Lets plan up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Unni to the beach ? That is news to me. He loves to take solo drives and that habit hasnt changed even after marriage !! What to do ??
Certain habits are like that Shaju. And, yes the beach plan is on. Always wanted to drive on a beach and there is one near Kannur that just fits the bill to the T. Add to that Nair Saab for company, what more.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks