Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2010, 15:24   #1426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
My 2nd service (6 months) is due next weekend, BUT I never got a single chance to sit on the back seat while someone driving me around. Its so sad, I still have no personal clue about the back seat comfort. Anyone listening ??
Shaju I am in the same boat as you. My Fiesta has almost doen 8.5 K Kms and I still havent ever been in the back seat. However I did have an opportunity to sit in the front passenger seat when I did a high way trip with a friend of mine.
But do we really want to sit in the back seat just to check the comfort
Old 15th January 2010, 15:39   #1427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
This is for fun & nostalgia.

After all we invest thousands in still/video cameras, LCD, home theaters and end up shooting birthdays/parties/picnic/zoos/gardens/marriages.

Hope to capture some funny/diverse/uniquely Indian moments on the highway.

Am doing this to record the journey to Kolkata & back (solo drive).

Recently purchased the Sony HDRXR500E camcorder which comes with 120 GB Hard disk- with HD quality (1080p/5.1 Dolby Surround) it records for appx 9 hrs and with normal DVD/SD quality this can go upto 27 hrs. Hence, after getting bored of normal birthday/parties/picnic etc recording, thought of giving it a try. Since it is HDD based, hence zero cost for recording media..add to that zero hassle for chaning recording media.

Since enough material will be there to play around with post this trip, hope to master all things digital over some period of time

So, get set for a video blog..hopefully, if everything goes according to plan!
+++
Exactly, as expected.

meantime you are going to drive both ways alone(calcutta and Back)-
A pretty long distance and solo drive - dont you think you will get bored sometimes?
Old 15th January 2010, 15:50   #1428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
+++
Exactly, as expected.

A pretty long distance and solo drive - dont you think you will get bored sometimes?
Let me see..first ever long drive..so no idea. Will take short naps on the roadside when bored
Old 15th January 2010, 16:20   #1429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos View Post
If you own a 2 bed room house, would'nt you be anxious to know the sleeping comfort in both bedrooms ? I will be, probably I will stick to the more comfortable and cozy room !!

Quote:
Let me see..first ever long drive..so no idea. Will take short naps on the roadside when bored
Make sure doors are locked from inside, or we will be missing that 120 GB HDD and many things that got publicity here. Remember there are many silent readers (non-members) here, so the world knows what you have in store.
Old 15th January 2010, 16:25   #1430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos View Post
Shaju I am in the same boat as you. My Fiesta has almost doen 8.5 K Kms and I still havent ever been in the back seat. However I did have an opportunity to sit in the front passenger seat when I did a high way trip with a friend of mine.
+
So, you and Shaju are worried about not able to realize the back seat comfort
Suggest ask someone to drive when you enjoy in the back seat (shaju ask Unni to help-Lol)?
Old 15th January 2010, 16:40   #1431
BHPian

Quote:
Am doing this to record the journey to Kolkata & back (solo drive).
Solo drive is going to be an experience. It'll be fun, don't worry.

Quote:
Quote:
Its all about getting a start. I've been doing solo drives for some time now, even though the distances are only in the range of 650-700kms. If you have camera, and some good music, you can keep going without getting bored. Only thing to watch out for is sleep! If you feel even slightly sleepy, pull over. Do not delay the pulling over part, because since you are alone, the gap between feeling sleepy and sleep is pretty quick.

Quote:
My 2nd service (6 months) is due next weekend, BUT I never got a single chance to sit on the back seat while someone driving me around. Its so sad, I still have no personal clue about the back seat comfort. Anyone listening ??
Call me when you are going for a day trip some place. I'll come as your driver!! Find all the comfort you want in the back seat
Old 15th January 2010, 16:50   #1432
Senior - BHPian

@shaju - see how my ideas is working!
Unni suggesting same as I said, without even you approaching him?
A good chance to experience the back seat comfort?
One way let unni drive you and return you drive so both will enjoy the comfort!!
Old 15th January 2010, 17:32   #1433
BHPian

Quote:
Shaju: Was it posted on the digicam thread and happened to be here by mistake ?
Will be posting there post the trip..let me first see how it works first!

Quote:
Shaju: We have too many team-bhpians here in bangalore with family and kids, do you accept invitations to shoot Bdays/parties free ? Lol
Will do shooting for free...When can you come and pick me up?

Quote:
Shaju: My 2nd service (6 months) is due next weekend, BUT I never got a single chance to sit on the back seat while someone driving me around. Its so sad, I still have no personal clue about the back seat comfort. Anyone listening ??
For backseat comfort, look somewhere else, Manza/Nano, maybe! I thought Fiesta was all about driving comfort!

Last edited by sanjayc : 15th January 2010 at 17:34.
Old 15th January 2010, 17:39   #1434
BHPian

Quote:
Make sure doors are locked from inside, or we will be missing that 120 GB HDD and many things that got publicity here. Remember there are many silent readers (non-members) here, so the world knows what you have in store.
Boss..Nothing permanently fixed..everything is removable in seconds.
Old 15th January 2010, 17:41   #1435
BHPian

Hi Nairrk, what a thread..guess I haven't logged in for a long time so missed it..I am also a Fiesta 1.6 SXI owner. I have given my ownership report in a separate thread.
Thanks for starting this. I will bookmark and contribute whenever I have something to discuss.
Old 15th January 2010, 17:43   #1436
BHPian

Quote:
@shaju - see how my ideas is working!
Unni suggesting same as I said, without even you approaching him?
A good chance to experience the back seat comfort?
One way let unni drive you and return you drive so both will enjoy the comfort!!
Glad to be of help, always!!
Old 15th January 2010, 18:03   #1437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridharps View Post
Hi Nairrk, what a thread..guess I haven't logged in for a long time so missed it..I am also a Fiesta 1.6 SXI owner. I have given my ownership report in a separate thread.
Thanks for starting this. I will bookmark and contribute whenever I have something to discuss.
+
Yes, welcome back!
I have seen your thread, with a reply after 6 months gap.
Keep logging in and contribute whatever you can
Old 15th January 2010, 19:59   #1438
BHPian

It seems that Ford will be launching New Fiesta soon

From Ford website it looks like they are clearing all stock.
Old 15th January 2010, 20:00   #1439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Call me when you are going for a day trip some place. I'll come as your driver!! Find all the comfort you want in the back seat
I know you are gem of a person, regardless of sitting back or front, I owe you a treat by any chance. Just looking for a day end of the month. We should be careful, Nairji reads our minds !!

Quote:
For backseat comfort, look somewhere else, Manza/Nano, maybe! I thought Fiesta was all about driving comfort!
I know its nothing great about the back seat comfort from the reviews and user opinions, my concern was 'not getting a single chance' even to experience what that back seat is all about !! But I feel people who are less than 5 ft will find it very comfortable.
Old 15th January 2010, 20:14   #1440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
It seems that Ford will be launching New Fiesta soon

From Ford website it looks like they are clearing all stock.
Yes, they are. They are clearing off Fusion stocks as well.

Quote:
I know you are gem of a person, regardless of sitting back or front, I owe you a treat by any chance. Just looking for a day end of the month. We should be careful, Nairji reads our minds !!
That I am . Looking forward to the get-together. Nair Saab has the sixth sense!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks