Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2010, 10:35   #1411
Senior - BHPian

@Kishore

The December price was Discounted one and such heavy discounts will not be available for January. To see what is actual increase of price in January, we need to know the prices during November 2009. If the November and January prices are same, then there are no increase of price from FORD.?
Old 14th January 2010, 14:45   #1412
BHPian

I cannot comment about the amount of discounts being offered in January. They seem to be less. But what I can say (at least from Ford site) is that the Kolkata ex-showroom price of Fiesta 1.6 SXi increased from 7.06 L to 7.13 L. I did not check for others, hopefully those have been increased too along the same lines.
Old 14th January 2010, 18:58   #1413
Distinguished - BHPian

Oops I don't have the Nov prices. Let me track it going forward. But I just wanted to show what a sweet month december was
Old 14th January 2010, 20:38   #1414
BHPian

DIY - Camcorder Stand/Holder

Here is my DIY project for fixing a camcorder in my Fiesta.

Description (Clockwise )
1. Desktop tripod stand (purchased for 150/- from Spencers Plaza)..about 6 inches height.

2. Removed 2 legs (can be easily done by removing the screws, can be refixed if needed)

3. Remove the headreast and insert the tripod leg. Since the diameter of the tripod leg is smaller than the headrest leg, fixed some tissue paper to fit it strongly. Will be fixing some tape/matchstick/something better later)

4. Push the tripod leg fully down.

5. Fix the Camcorder. Note the A pillar at top left corner, rear view mirror at top right corner and perfume bottle cap at bottom right corner which comes into the view of the lens.

6. Zoom a little to remove the above distractions so that a clear picture of the windscreen and road ahead is fully visible.

The setup is sturdy. No risk of Camcorder falling out/down.

Drove about 60 Kms with the setup. Check out the video below.
Notice the sturdiness. Though some shake is there, seems like it is manageable and can be further improved with camera shake setting and better tightening of the tripod legs.

Don't bother about the video quality (though the recording was done in HD quality..i have this sony HDD 120GB camcorder..to lessen the upload time, have converted the video to std quality with a pretty old freeware converter)

Attached Thumbnails
All Fiesta Owners - You are here-diy_fiestacam.jpg  

sanjayc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2010, 10:12   #1415
Senior - BHPian

@Sanjay

Good idea and seems it working nice !

You removed the headrest of front co-passenger side one?
What happened if some one sitting on this seat - Will not be a disturbance to the camera as well as the person sitting in the seat?

Is it allowed to fit a camcorder in a private car? (unless you are a media person)-
it is just my doubt only..
Old 15th January 2010, 10:26   #1416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
@Sanjay

Good idea and seems it working nice !

You removed the headrest of front co-passenger side one?
What happened if some one sitting on this seat - Will not be a disturbance to the camera as well as the person sitting in the seat?

Is it allowed to fit a camcorder in a private car? (unless you are a media person)-
it is just my doubt only..
This is not a permanent fixture..can be removed and fixed anytime. Headrest will be removed only if I am driving alone..if my family is with me, then no need to fix since some person will be avlbl to do the shooting as and when reqd. So, it is only, when driving solo.

if people can shoot/record in public places like govt museum/amusement parks etc (even fees are charged for allowing camera/camcorders and often in places run by the govt), I guess this should not be an issue. Further, I don't think any law is there which discriminates between media person & "aam aadmi"..anyway, nowadays, you see "Citizen Journalists" all over the place! Is'nt it?
Old 15th January 2010, 10:51   #1417
Senior - BHPian

Yes, I AGree, it is good when you drive alone !
Anyway, great idea and enjoy your driving and shooting.
Anyone else like to follow this DIY or any better ideas?
Old 15th January 2010, 11:17   #1418
Senior - BHPian

@sanjayc,

Thats a great set up. However I could not undertand the rationale behind this setup. Did you have any specific requirment in your mind before you arranged this setup or was it just for fun. Maybe you can also use this setup for rear parking, what say?
Like in the filmy lingo "yeh thodasa hatke hai"
Old 15th January 2010, 12:03   #1419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Oops I don't have the Nov prices. Let me track it going forward. But I just wanted to show what a sweet month december was
It's a 7K price hike compared to Oct/Nov '09. Dec was definitely a killer month. I pity those buying in Jan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Here is my DIY project for fixing a camcorder in my Fiesta.
Nice project, but why are you doing this?
Old 15th January 2010, 12:14   #1420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Nice project, but why are you doing this?
++
imo, he loves photography so like to shoot things on his drive-way

I think he is inventing something how to take photgraphs while driving, using a camcorder, without anybody's assistance?
Old 15th January 2010, 13:30   #1421
BHPian

Good effort Sanjay. Cost effective and viable solution. I've also thought about coming up with a similar set up to record the roads that I drive through when traveling.
Old 15th January 2010, 13:50   #1422
BHPian

This is for fun & nostalgia.

After all we invest thousands in still/video cameras, LCD, home theaters and end up shooting birthdays/parties/picnic/zoos/gardens/marriages.

Hope to capture some funny/diverse/uniquely Indian moments on the highway.

Am doing this to record the journey to Kolkata & back (solo drive).

Recently purchased the Sony HDRXR500E camcorder which comes with 120 GB Hard disk- with HD quality (1080p/5.1 Dolby Surround) it records for appx 9 hrs and with normal DVD/SD quality this can go upto 27 hrs. Hence, after getting bored of normal birthday/parties/picnic etc recording, thought of giving it a try. Since it is HDD based, hence zero cost for recording media..add to that zero hassle for chaning recording media.

Since enough material will be there to play around with post this trip, hope to master all things digital over some period of time

So, get set for a video blog..hopefully, if everything goes according to plan!
Old 15th January 2010, 13:57   #1423
Distinguished - BHPian

I didn't know it was a solo drive, Sanjay!

All the best. Have a great drive!
Old 15th January 2010, 14:00   #1424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@sanjayc,

Thats a great set up. However I could not undertand the rationale behind this setup. Did you have any specific requirment in your mind before you arranged this setup or was it just for fun. Maybe you can also use this setup for rear parking, what say?
Like in the filmy lingo "yeh thodasa hatke hai"
I am used to the "Beep-Beep" rear parking sensor..hence no plans for a rear parking camera setup.

The next DIY project is towards complete rear-seat entertainment center..this way, I can convert my Sony UMPC into a digital media center. With Aux-in for speakers, 7 inch touchscreen Sony UMPC for CarPC, my setup will be complete. Planning to have some kind of four-legged 2 feet height, removable stand which can be adjusted around the cup-holder (behind the handbrake) - this will then become a complete rear seat entertainment). In addition, gps logger, website browser with wireless keyboard & reliance/tata netconnect/photon/3G etc.

Basically, have accumulated all the required stuff as above over some time, and just planning to put them to some good use.
Old 15th January 2010, 14:21   #1425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Recently purchased the Sony HDRXR500E camcorder which comes with 120 GB Hard disk- with HD quality (1080p/5.1 Dolby Surround) it records for appx 9 hrs and with normal DVD/SD quality this can go upto 27 hrs. Hence, after getting bored of normal birthday/parties/picnic etc recording, thought of giving it a try. Since it is HDD based, hence zero cost for recording media..add to that zero hassle for chaning recording media.
Was it posted on the digicam thread and happened to be here by mistake ?

Quote:
So, get set for a video blog..hopefully, if everything goes according to plan!
We have too many team-bhpians here in bangalore with family and kids, do you accept invitations to shoot Bdays/parties free ? Lol

On a serious note, what you have tried is something that was in my mind for a long time. I have video shot plenty of road moves but it gets boring after a while. Now I am thinking of trying your idea with the driver in focus with bit of dash board and bit of road in the frame. There is nobody to shoot me driving, I wouldnt get bored watching myself driving.

My 2nd service (6 months) is due next weekend, BUT I never got a single chance to sit on the back seat while someone driving me around. Its so sad, I still have no personal clue about the back seat comfort. Anyone listening ??
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks