Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2010, 17:41   #1381
Senior - BHPian

Good information.
The Ford Focus seems not in the Fiesta standard- may be like MOndeo and probably
going to compete with cars in the range Chevy Cruz or even better?
Also believe the price structure is going to be something around Rs.12/13 Lakhs?
But definitely, it is going to be with fully loaded features like Audi and similar other brands !

Let's wait and see.
Old 12th January 2010, 01:55   #1382
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey guys,
got the headlamp upgraded to Philips Rally bulbs. They are the regular Halogen bulb with a wattage of 80W.
I love driving in the nights now, though to be on the safe side and not blind anyone, the headlight beam has been adjusted.
Price was Rs. 350 for each.

Many thanks!
Old 12th January 2010, 08:37   #1383
Senior - BHPian

Fiestians,

My Ford Dealer Wasan Ford is winding up the Thane branch and moving to Deonar, Chembur due to some lease/land issues. There is a new dealer coming up in Thane for Ford called Shreeji Ford although no such details are available in Ford Website. Just came to know coz of a huge banner put up by Shreeji Ford very close to Wasan Ford's present location. My first service is due on 19th Feb. Wasan has given me an option of either going to their Deonar Workshop which is around 35 kms from Thane or get it serviced from the new Ford dealer. It is still not clear how long it would take for the new Ford dealer to establish the infrastructure. Other option is to get it serviced at Pune which I would be visiting on March 3-4-5-6. Would it be OK that I get it serviced 15 days later that the service due or drag myself all along to Deonar for the first service.
Can Pune Bhpians advise which would be the best Ford Dealer to get the service done, any contact/website details.
Old 12th January 2010, 09:55   #1384
Senior - BHPian

@ghodlur

Why dont you check with Wason if they have pickup/drop in facility for service jobs.
Most dealers do this without charging any extra (our loss will be the fuel). You are having this difficulty because your dealer is moving out?

For delyed service, it is better you talk to the dealer and get his acceptance and also
if possible get advance date for the service. (My first service was done after 7 days from the due date)
Old 12th January 2010, 10:29   #1385
Senior - BHPian

Is there any such special care to be taken if going for EW, as i have heard sales guy saying that if you are opting for EW then you have to be very particular about the service schdules.
Old 12th January 2010, 10:35   #1386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Is there any such special care to be taken if going for EW, as i have heard sales guy saying that if you are opting for EW then you have to be very particular about the service schdules.
+
Normally, the Service people used to give a call in advance reminding you about the next service due. If this is not the case, then one has to remember the service dates.

After paying for EW, you should get a EW Certificate from FORD (one page certificate, with terms and conditions printed overleaf).
Old 12th January 2010, 10:45   #1387
Senior - BHPian

I got the EW certificate from Ford but it did not have any terms and conditions printed overleaf. Its just a two page paper which tells me the extended warranty dates. When I enquired about the terms details I was told by Wasan Ford that the warranty conditions mentioned in the owners manual would be the same for EW also. Hence no T&C mentioned in EW certificate. I hope this is OK otherwise I will have to talk again with Dealer.
Also when I asked them about the service schedule strictness, I was told that a week +/- would be OK and anything beyond that will have to be communicated to Ford in writing explaining the reason of delay in the service schedule. I find this reasonable. Any comments
Old 12th January 2010, 10:51   #1388
Senior - BHPian

Yes, this is quite nice and interactive
Old 12th January 2010, 11:04   #1389
Senior - BHPian

@ghodlur

I am not sure what your dealer talking about.?
However the EW certificate which I got from FORD Solution (one page)which contains all Warranty details including the amount paid and terms & conditions printed overleaf.

It seems that the front page (Contract Certificate) is a computer generated one but the back page is a printed one (terms & conditions).

I will try to copy it and post it here for your(other members) reference/s.
Old 12th January 2010, 11:14   #1390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Yes. Indeed. I stand corrected.
Thanks Nairji and Sanjay. Just wanted to re-confirm whether the recommendation has changed in the recent past or not. So to re-iterate it's advicable not to use any additive for diesel engines from Ford
Old 12th January 2010, 12:05   #1391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Thanks Nairji and Sanjay. Just wanted to re-confirm whether the recommendation has changed in the recent past or not. So to re-iterate it's advicable not to use any additive for diesel engines from Ford
+
I dont think the recommendation chaged so soon as these were written even in the new owners manual?
Old 12th January 2010, 14:00   #1392
Senior - BHPian

@ghodlur

Just for information, this is how the back side of the Original EW Certificate looks like(printed matter - Terms & Conditions):

All Fiesta Owners - You are here-ewc-001.jpg

All Fiesta Owners - You are here-ewc-002.jpg
Old 12th January 2010, 14:32   #1393
Senior - BHPian

@nairrk,

Thanks for the snaps. I definitely did not get this type of certificate. All I got was a 2 page computer printout. I will be taking up this with the dealer and show him the snaps.
Old 12th January 2010, 14:34   #1394
Senior - BHPian

i will get the EW certificate after a month as conveyed by the dealer.
Old 12th January 2010, 14:58   #1395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
i will get the EW certificate after a month as conveyed by the dealer.
+
It may take atleast one to two months time from the payment (I got it within 2 months time).
Sometime, it will come direct from FORD or it may come through the dealer also!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks