Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2010, 11:59   #1351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
1. Lot of stress was given on using IFTEX System G/D to keep the engine in top shape
Hi Sanjay/Others,

Cna you please clarify that System D is approved to put in diesel engines from Ford. I know for petrol engines they are recommending it. (it's there in the manual), but for Diesel I have heard from technicians, either from ford and from outside don't put System D in the tank.
Old 11th January 2010, 12:09   #1352
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Hi Sanjay/Others,

Cna you please clarify that System D is approved to put in diesel engines from Ford. I know for petrol engines they are recommending it. (it's there in the manual), but for Diesel I have heard from technicians, either from ford and from outside don't put System D in the tank.
Yes, they recommended both IFTEX G & D .
Old 11th January 2010, 13:04   #1353
Senior - BHPian

AS per Ford, IFTEX System G is recommended for petrol cars.

For Diesel cars -this is what they say:

We Recommend that you use only high quality fuel without additives or other engine treatments.
??
Old 11th January 2010, 13:10   #1354
BHPian

Dear Fiesta owners,
Wanted to check if tyre upgrade in SXI to Michelin 185/60/14 will amount to warranty getting void? A dealer here in Hyd was giving this gyaan.
Old 11th January 2010, 13:26   #1355
Senior - BHPian

There is no remote in Stock HU of fiesta SXI, not good for such a car.
Old 11th January 2010, 13:32   #1356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
They didn't promote the IFTEX System, I would say they highly recommended it. That's all.
Where can I get System G? Does Chennai Ford stock it?

I wanted to join you guys on Sat, but got tied up with other stuff.
Old 11th January 2010, 13:38   #1357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p'arth View Post
Dear Fiesta owners,
Wanted to check if tyre upgrade in SXI to Michelin 185/60/14 will amount to warranty getting void? A dealer here in Hyd was giving this gyaan.
+
if your dealer is cooperative then it may not have problem. but if he is against it and you upgrade on your own wish then he may finger you
if there are any problem which can be result of tyre change (he has got easy reason to blame)
Old 11th January 2010, 13:48   #1358
Senior - BHPian

@nairrk,

My dealer sternly told me that tyre size change would amount to nulling the warranty and told me it also mentioned somewhere in the owners manual. To cross check I had a word with the workshop manager who also suggested not to change the tyre size.

Maybe the new Fiesta might come out with 185/R14 as std size with Ford taking a note of so many tyre upgrades taking place.
Old 11th January 2010, 13:59   #1359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
AS per Ford, IFTEX System G is recommended for petrol cars.

For Diesel cars -this is what they say:

We Recommend that you use only high quality fuel without additives or other engine treatments.
??
Is the IFTEX system G solely available through Ford or is available off the shelf. What should the usage duration be? I remember I used to buy the Fuel injector cleaner for my Santro from Hyundai workshop and used one bottle costing Rs 350/- twice a year (half each time before filling up the tank). This bottle was not available outside Hyundai and they never recommended any other brand either. Some kind of monopoly.
Old 11th January 2010, 14:05   #1360
BHPian

@Gilead, Iftex can be purchased from MPL Ford (myself have seen these at their Saligramam workshop) /BP Petrol Pumps (as told in ydays meet this is BP product) / BOSCH service centers (currently I purchased from them - opp AVM studios). I also remember seeing at Haute Car Zone (OMR)..but not sure..call them up and check. BTW, I assume one branch of Haute Car Zone is in Anna Nagar also..can u confirm?

Good that you skipped..it took me an hour from Vadapani crossing to reach CF -started at around 5:45pm - huge traffic snarl.

@anumod, the fiesta/ikon both manuals I read does recommend Iftex System D for diesel engines, IIRC.

@parth, similar gyan at the time of purchase/delivery was given to me by Chennai Ford as well. Though have not yet checked it with the service center guys.

Some other points, which I do not remember seeing in the manual:

DO's
====
1. If car is going to be parked for a long time, the tyre pressure should be increased by 0.4 bar..this I assume prevents the tyre area touching the ground from getting flattened.

2. The reverse gear should be engaged when the car is completely at stop & after waiting for 3 secs from neutral, otherwise it may not engage

3. Keep luggage as low and as close to the rear back seat as possible

4. Use normal shampoo+water for wiper. During servicing, they will anyway topup with Ford approved wiper liquid for maximum wiper effeciency

DONT's (some already covered in manual, but since again told by them, means should be important enough not to ignore)
======
1. Hold steering locked at extreme end position for more than 5 secs (covered in
manual

2. Replace fuses with wires or higher rating fuses than allowed

3. Overfill fuel or run out of fuel (esp. for diesel) due to air entry into fuel system

4. FIX UNAUTHORIZED ACCESSORIES (On pressing him on this issue that if I want to have a better music system or a LCD screen, the reply was the dealer will fix the same..not sure how but did not press him futher on this however. Will check later on with the CCE if we can purchase the items outside on our own and get the same fixed at the service center).

On a side note : One of the person (middle-aged) who attended the meet (Fiesta Diesel owner) commented that he had driven many cars (including city) but the power/pickup of Fiesta petrol is the best;-}
Old 11th January 2010, 14:07   #1361
Senior - BHPian

@ghodlur
IFTEX System G - according to FORD, it is available at all India Ford authorised dealerships. However, I feel this may be available in some petrol pumps also?
They recommend to put 1ml of G with every litre of Petrol.

I still not used it
Old 11th January 2010, 14:25   #1362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Is the IFTEX system G solely available through Ford or is available off the shelf. What should the usage duration be? I remember I used to buy the Fuel injector cleaner for my Santro from Hyundai workshop and used one bottle costing Rs 350/- twice a year (half each time before filling up the tank). This bottle was not available outside Hyundai and they never recommended any other brand either. Some kind of monopoly.
It is avlbl off the shelf.
Quote from their aboutus page:
Long term partnership and Marketing tie-up with Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd. (BPCL) and Indo Burma Petroleum Ltd. (IBP) for fuel additives under the brand name BHARAT-IFTEX and IBP-IFTEX.

I guess it should be avlbl on BPCL/IBP outlets..need to check personally.
Till now I have been getting it from MPL Ford A.S.S and Bosch service centers. Costs 299/- for G and 250/- for D last I checked.

Recommended usage : 1ml per litre of petrol.
Old 11th January 2010, 14:29   #1363
BHPian

Guys, inputs required on the following:

As per quick customer guide, "Effective Engine Performance" page
- Race the engine to 3000 RPM for 30 sec while driving at least once a week.
- Do not switch off engine immediately after coming to a halt as this may damage the turbocharger...idle the engine for 30 secs before moving and before switching off the engine.

Does the above apply to both Petrol/Diesel?
Old 11th January 2010, 14:42   #1364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
I still not used it
Nair saab,

In my Ikon earlier, I would have hardly used 3 bottles of Iftex over a period for 6+ years. However, before selling off in Decemeber, used one bottle. Did feel some difference in pickup/engine noise.

This Iftex System G is being recommended at every stage:
1. In the manual
2. In the meet
3. Even at the time of delivery, the delivery handover form, the lady specifically mentioned the same to be used.

Now, I am beginning to wonder, if this is a recent phenomena (becos of impending BS4 thing) or it is the same for quite some time.

Also, I remember, reading on TBHP (highway driving preparation thread) to always have a bottle of additive, particularly while refuelling from highway petrol pumps, becos of rampant adulteration.

Based on all these, I have decided to use the system g on every alternate refills..to keep both the yes/no sayers happy
Old 11th January 2010, 14:46   #1365
Senior - BHPian

[quote=sanjayc;1676491]

@anumod, the fiesta/ikon both manuals I read does recommend Iftex System D for diesel engines, IIRC.

quote]

+
The Fiesta owners manual says that -

For Diesel Cars - to use only high quality fuel without additives or other
engine treatments. (Warning- Do not mix diesel with oil,petrol or other
liquids. This could cause a chemical reaction) ??
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks