Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2010, 10:34   #1336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
imo, you all are just worrying about DTE,BS4 etc?
I never worried about these gadget/ norms etc as I got a car with power and performance and it gives driving pleasure/satisfaction, thats what I wanted and am happy.
What to do? There is nothing else to crib about the Fiesta as of now!No rattling! No parts falling off! No F.A.S.S. issues yet!
Old 9th January 2010, 12:02   #1337
Senior - BHPian

You should be happy -you got a car with full satisfaction in all departments?
What else you need - weekend and go out for a drive ?
meantime what about the meet at fishermans cove at ecr (someone was discussing)?
Old 9th January 2010, 12:13   #1338
BHPian

Quote:
You should be happy -you got a car with full satisfaction in all departments?
What else you need - weekend and go out for a drive ?
meantime what about the meet at fishermans cove at ecr (someone was discussing)?
No, no..don't get me wrong..am certainly not completely happy in all departments. But, the worries are extremely minor in nature and mostly to do with the fit & finish. Will be putting a comprehensive post regarding the niggles

Am going to the Chennai Ford meet today..got a followup call also sometime back..hope Kishore/Gilead will turn up as well. ECR is on hold now.
Old 9th January 2010, 12:23   #1339
Senior - BHPian

You alongwith kishore and Gilead can spin those guys (hope some one from FORD also attend the meet) and get all your doubts clarified!

So,we can expect the outcome of the meet tomorrow or monday?

All the best !
Old 10th January 2010, 09:57   #1340
Senior - BHPian

@sanjay

Hope you had a good meet with those guys (Chennai Ford - and Ford representative,
if one was there in the meet) and get clarified your doubts?
Old 10th January 2010, 12:37   #1341
Senior - BHPian

I have always seen all the automobile giants making their mark in the AutoXpo but never seen and heard any major promotions of Ford, are they happy with 2-3 products in their line and looks happy with the soon to be launched FIGO.
This is an off the topic point.
Old 11th January 2010, 09:35   #1342
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
I have always seen all the automobile giants making their mark in the AutoXpo but never seen and heard any major promotions of Ford, are they happy with 2-3 products in their line and looks happy with the soon to be launched FIGO.
This is an off the topic point.
+
Yes, I too have been thinking about it.
Probably they may not have a new model (other than FIGO) to introduce in the market now, hence staying away from this Autoexpo?
Or, silently watching what is happening with other car manufactureres
Old 11th January 2010, 10:10   #1343
Senior - BHPian

There was an article in the Zigwheels supplement in the Times of India, Mumbai about new sedans to be expected in 2010 and one of them was Ford Fiesta 2010. Maybe Ford is preparing to launch the new Fiesta earlier that thought. Also Ford maybe planning to introduce some model exclusively and not in Auto Expo since there are too many lauches during the Expo to steal the show from Ford. Also lauching models later would give it a much more coverage than during the expo as was seen during the Figo announcement.
Old 11th January 2010, 10:45   #1344
BHPian

Quote:
@sanjay

Hope you had a good meet with those guys (Chennai Ford - and Ford representative,
if one was there in the meet) and get clarified your doubts?
Attended the meet. Kishore also turned up, but a bit late.

No Ford rep in the meet. It was more like a first time car owner meet. Gave a Powerpoint presentation, mostly presenting the same what is already avlbl in the manual. Some points regarding EW/RSA was also covered. Regarding insurance, they told some B.S. that only with companies they have tied up with (IIFCO/Bajaj/New India/ICICI and another one..not able to recollect the same), you can have cashless settlement and ONLY if insurance was taken via the dealer. When I spoke to my New India agent, he has told it is not so. Cashless settlement is not dependent on insurance taken via dealer or not, but it depends on if the service center is in the approved list of the insurance company.

Lastly, a short tour of the service center and the various parts of the physical car was provided.

Points to note:
1. Lot of stress was given on using IFTEX System G/D to keep the engine in top shape
2. Tyre pressure - was told to ignore the manual and recommended to use as settings as provided in the sticker on the front left passegner door. However, for me, I found the sticker mention the same psi values as avlbl in manual
3. For the petrol version, they are claiming 11kmpl mileage in city. Highway may return 12-13 but non-comittal on the same.
4. Regarding BS4, when I asked if the current Fiesta engine can take the BS4 quality fuel, they told, YES, since IFTEX G/D will take care of the octane levels Preferred not to test his ignorance post that!

1 glass cold drink, 1 samosa & 1 piece of cake was served to all.
A Chennai Ford branded table-clock was presented as gift.
A plastic folder was given to everyone, with some photocopies of DO's /DONT's..will serve nice to keep all car related documents in the folder.

That's it..nothing exciting..nothing new. Some 12-15 people attended. However, this type of meets do tend to give an idea about the workings of the A.S.S. and that is a positive.
Old 11th January 2010, 11:10   #1345
Senior - BHPian

So, in brief they are pormoting IFTEX System G/D?

Are they going to call similar meets too often? (probably they may not call you as by then they will have some more few new owner members in their list?).

More or less a get together of Fiesta owners !
Old 11th January 2010, 11:16   #1346
Senior - BHPian

Good one, Iftex is getting special attention from Ford
Old 11th January 2010, 11:20   #1347
BHPian

There's a news about Ford launching "new Ford Focus" in a day or two under the theme 'one Ford' in an overseas auto expo i.e. it'll be a car made available across the globe by Ford. Would be interesting to see if it is launched in India too!

Will update once I have more details
Old 11th January 2010, 11:26   #1348
BHPian

Just an update guys on the first FE figure i got by full tank to full tank method after driving 500 kms in total. I got 12.2 kms/ltr mileage in 100% city bumber to bumber traffic. On the niggles part i am hearing a very low rattling sound from somewhere around the back seat. It gets louder as more people are seated. If i am driving single its barely noticeable. Driving pleasure still the same as day 1. I am determined to not cross 2500 RPM and 100 kms/hr speed barrier until the first service. It is so hard to control that urge to unleash it once.

I have been doing a lot of research in regards to getting the Aux in port fitted in the stock ICE in my ZXI and have found some information regarding the same like at this url : Wiring a C-Max Audio Aux Input with a Visteon 6000cd ?
Seems pretty much possible but unless i actually open the player i cannot be sure. Trying to find a very good person locally who has experience with Ford ICE as the Ford dealer has simply denied that it can be done. They are only interested in selling a new ICE. Will post another update on this once i find someone.
Old 11th January 2010, 11:55   #1349
Senior - BHPian

is this the car you are talking about (see below link), but it seems a old model (2007?) of Ford and the report was already there in TBHP (thread started by GTO). And it is going to cost more than the Fiesta?

Ford Focus, Sedan Cars In India, Ford Focus Features
Old 11th January 2010, 11:55   #1350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So, in brief they are pormoting IFTEX System G/D?

Are they going to call similar meets too often? (probably they may not call you as by then they will have some more few new owner members in their list?).

More or less a get together of Fiesta owners !
Sanjay has covered everything.

They didn't promote the IFTEX System, I would say they highly recommended it. That's all.

The meet was for people who don't usually open the User Manual AT ALL. It's a good way to have it after 3 weeks of taking delivery so that people use the car and may come up with questions.

The only new info we got was that the Figo's OEM Music System would come with a remote.

Also they recommended that a car (Petrol and diesel) should be driven or engine run with AC on atleast once in a week so that the fluids don't settle in the same place for long and it's good for the AC compressor.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks