Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2010, 16:51   #1231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos View Post
No I have not checked it with the dealer but like others discussed in earlier servicein posts. The servicing did not cater to much attention on interior cleaning and maintainance.
Also I am not sure I would want to pay a huge sum for something which probably will take an hour of my holiday
Hope I am not sounding cheapo
The service center will surely vacuum clean your car when you take it for servicing and will also clean any spots being left in the car while servicing it. And in case you want to have any one or two specific spot removed, it may be done complementary depending on how you deal with the service engineer.

As far as other spots are concerned you would need to get the car dry cleaned. The cost for the same would be around 700-800, in this they are suppose to clean the entire inside of the car viz. the complete upholstery, roof, real panel etc etc.

Considering you have beige interiors, would be worthwhile to get it dry cleaned once in 6 months for it to look good over an extended period of time
Old 5th January 2010, 18:23   #1232
BHPian

Thanks Sachin and Nair saab.

So no self do it - suggestions
Old 5th January 2010, 19:13   #1233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos View Post
Thanks Sachin and Nair saab.

So no self do it - suggestions
If you have time at your disposal, then just get hold of the guy who does the dry cleaning and get to know what sort of stuff he uses for cleaning the car etc.

Viola.... you can then clean your car yourself in free time
Old 5th January 2010, 23:09   #1234
BHPian

My Dream come true

This is my first ever post on Team-BHP since I got my membership approved only few days back. So please consider my mistakes, if any.

Before I start, let me tell very few things about myself:
---------------------------------------------------------
I am Mayukh from Kolkata. Since my childhood, I was always fascinated about cars. Once I began my professional career in 2004, I started dreaming of owning one. My close aides/relatives denounced my decision, calling it simply outrageous. However, I stuck to my ambitions and now I am on the verge of fulfilling my dream.

I started looking for cars seriously since I saw a FIAT Linea on the road last year. Though it was way out of my budget, its gorgeous looks hooked me to the internet to learn more about the same. Numerous searches for 'FIAT Linea' somehow took me to Team-BHP. Within few days, I got addicted to this site. I started reading almost every articles/discussion threads about cars.
Finally, I finally decided to go for one around 3 months back. One point to note: I learned to drive only 10 days back.

Which CAR for me?
-----------------
Being a novice, I thought of owning whatever I look on the roads - from Nano to Accords and more. However, I thought of being more serious and starting looking for one. Plenty of questions were in my mind – a hatchback or a sedan? Maruti/Hyundai or others? A premium or a VFM one? And many others.

A hatchback or a sedan – Though I always dreamt of owning a sedan, I never thought I can afford FIAT Linea or any other similar cars. I did not like the looks of Dzire , neither I thought of owning a Manza (did not want to buy a car new in market). So I decided for a hatchback. I liked Vista, Punto and i20. However, I could not garner enough courage to buy a FIAT as my first car. I have huge respect for FIAT, but somehow I am very much skeptical about FIAT position in India, specially their liaisons with TATA. Vista did not have the premium feel as much as that of i20. I was really impressed with the looks and the features offered in it. I asked from a drive (not I, but my friend was driving – I did not start learning then). We were impressed with almost everything. The OTR price in Kolkata for i20 Asta came to around 6.10 lakhs (no discount at all).

I was almost ready to book the car when I saw the FORD’s 75 K offer on Fiesta in early December. I just casually went to a local dealer to enquire more. 60 K discount applicable for me will make 1.6 ZXi petrol at 6.40 laks approx. I was hugely tempted hearing all this. i20 went out of my mind. I asked for a drive next day at my office.
We (I and my same friend) were simply awestruck when we saw the Aquarius Blue S standing outside my office next day for the test drive. My friend drove again and we came out really impressed. WOW! What a car!
That again put me in a huge dilemma. I also became non-interested immediately about ZXi. Back in showroom, I also had a look into SXi. I also very much liked its premium feel.

On enquiry, I heard that if I book in Dec, I will get a corporate discount of Rs 67000 on the ex-showroom price. Another WOW! OTR now at 7.08 L!!!

I had a small discussion with my wife back home and decided to go for SXi or S. After all, we both love to own a sedan and will use the car for at least 5-6 years.

So an Aquarius Blue S or a white SXi? We just went like a pendulum for days. Finally, decided for an SXi.

I booked on Dec 16, 2009. Applied for a loan in SBI and got it sanctioned yesterday.

Following are my booking details:
---------------------------------
Ex-showroom price (after corp discount): 639000
Insurance (from outside): 16630
Registration, etc.: 42000
Extended warranty: 9880
Total: 707540

Free items from dealer: Mud flaps, floor mats, boot mats, anti-rust coating, cushion pillow, perfume.

Expecting delivery possibly by next week.

Thanks to all memebers of Team-BHP (nairrk, shajufx, frankmehta, Gilead, vnabhi to name few) who helped me take this decision (a theoritical one for me).

Disclaimer: Please do consider if you feel the post to be a lengthy one. I can just say I am really excited about my very first car.
Old 6th January 2010, 01:09   #1235
BHPian

@mayukh: Welcome to the fiestian club. Enjoy your stay in TBHP. Do not forget to post the pics of the car once you take delivery of it.
Old 6th January 2010, 09:26   #1236
BHPian

I did my car's PDI

My car had already arrived at my dealer's place few days back. So, armed with the bible - Team-BHP's checklist, I went to the dealer's stockyard yesterday to have a look into my car and do the pre-registration inspection. My 2 friends and my brother-in-law accompanied me.

My car has 9E in its VIN. So I think it is of Dec 09 make (again all credit goes to Team-BHP for this knowledge).

I was simply spellbound while I first saw it. The car was water washed few hours ago since I had already informed the sales agent that we will be going. It looked so fabulous.

However, I kept my cool and tried to start doing things for what we went.

My friend (an expert driver) started looking for the technicals. I took up checking the others - body, lights, etc.

We very much happy with our inspection apart from 1 thing.

We saw some rusts on the front 2 wheel calipers (please correct me if I am terming it wrong). I learned from Team-BHP that some amount of it is normal. But as I am not an expert to judge whether it some amount for me also.

Please have a look into the pictures I have taken in my mobile.

Can you please suggest whether it is normal? Or do I need to ask anything from the dealer?
Attached Thumbnails
All Fiesta Owners - You are here-image056.jpg  

All Fiesta Owners - You are here-image057.jpg  

Old 6th January 2010, 09:42   #1237
Senior - BHPian

@mayukh

Welcome to the Team and Fiestan club.
Congratulations for booking a Fiesta SXI (White?) and soon you will become a proud owner of this car.
And seems you got a good deal from your dealer, besides the corporate discount, you got some good freebies also.
Ofcourse, nice write up too.
Cheers!
Old 6th January 2010, 10:13   #1238
Senior - BHPian

cast iron fittings are known to have an oxidation layer over them in almost every car without powder coated fittings. Worry not. Concentrate on other grey areas (if any)
Old 6th January 2010, 10:35   #1239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh View Post

Thanks to all memebers of Team-BHP (nairrk, shajufx, frankmehta, Gilead, vnabhi to name few) who helped me take this decision (a theoritical one for me).

Disclaimer: Please do consider if you feel the post to be a lengthy one. I can just say I am really excited about my very first car.
Congrats! The Dec deal was one of the best ever. I bet you will have a great time pointing and shooting. Minor surface rust on iron parts is normal. There isn't too much to worry about. For complete peace of mind, ask the dealer to sandpaper those areas and re paint. Any hint of rust on the brake discs will fall off within a couple of days of usage.
Old 6th January 2010, 10:55   #1240
BHPian

Quote:
My car had already arrived at my dealer's place few days back. So, armed with the bible - Team-BHP's checklist, I went to the dealer's stockyard yesterday to have a look into my car and do the pre-registration inspection. My 2 friends and my brother-in-law accompanied me.

My car has 9E in its VIN. So I think it is of Dec 09 make (again all credit goes to Team-BHP for this knowledge).

I was simply spellbound while I first saw it. The car was water washed few hours ago since I had already informed the sales agent that we will be going. It looked so fabulous.

However, I kept my cool and tried to start doing things for what we went.

My friend (an expert driver) started looking for the technicals. I took up checking the others - body, lights, etc.

We very much happy with our inspection apart from 1 thing.

We saw some rusts on the front 2 wheel calipers (please correct me if I am terming it wrong). I learned from Team-BHP that some amount of it is normal. But as I am not an expert to judge whether it some amount for me also.

Please have a look into the pictures I have taken in my mobile.

Can you please suggest whether it is normal? Or do I need to ask anything from the dealer?

Congrats @Mayukh for your new possession. I too got my zxi delivered in december and got a 61K discount. Have barely driven it for 250 odd kms as i had been away for bulk of the time but have loved every moment i have spent driving it.

Regarding the rust, that was something that i too noticed in my car while doing PDI. I did talk to the sales guy and then the dealer about the same to which they answered that it is pretty normal. Just to cross check i checked every vehicle in their stock and all of them had this rust. I went further to check the VIN for several of these and all were either 9E or 9D so either November or December 09 make. So all i assumed was it is pretty normal so nothing to bother.
Old 6th January 2010, 11:12   #1241
BHPian

Thanks for the help

Thanks for all the information. I will update more as I have anything new.

@frankmehta: I tried to look for other grey areas, but could not find any. Touch wood, I do not have to find any in future too.

@Gilead: I will definitely ask the dealer to do so. I hope that the anti-rust (offered free) to me will also help in this. Am I right?

@nairrk: Yes, it is white only. I am glad to know that I have got a good deal. I have also asked for the car cover as we have open parking. They have not yet committed.

@Moonraker: I happened to click one picture yesterday during inspection.
Attached Thumbnails
All Fiesta Owners - You are here-image058.jpg  

Old 6th January 2010, 11:48   #1242
BHPian

Mayukh- Your first car and that too a Fiesta !
and you still learning to drive !
Buddy you have hit the bullseye . All the best
Old 6th January 2010, 12:01   #1243

Quote:
On enquiry, I heard that if I book in Dec, I will get a corporate discount of Rs 67000 on the ex-showroom price. Another WOW! OTR now at 7.08 L!!!

So an Aquarius Blue S or a white SXi? We just went like a pendulum for days. Finally, decided for an SXi.

I booked on Dec 16, 2009. Applied for a loan in SBI and got it sanctioned yesterday.

Following are my booking details:
---------------------------------
Ex-showroom price (after corp discount): 639000
Insurance (from outside): 16630
Registration, etc.: 42000
Extended warranty: 9880
Total: 707540

Free items from dealer: Mud flaps, floor mats, boot mats, anti-rust coating, cushion pillow, perfume.

Wow - what a deal ! I bought the same car for 8.1 Lakhs in Bangalore in Oct '09. I think even road tax is much cheaper in WB ( they charge 5 yrs road tax ~ Rs 9K , In Bangalore it is 1.x lakhs )
Old 6th January 2010, 12:25   #1244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoteric_su View Post
Wow - what a deal ! I bought the same car for 8.1 Lakhs in Bangalore in Oct '09. I think even road tax is much cheaper in WB ( they charge 5 yrs road tax ~ Rs 9K , In Bangalore it is 1.x lakhs )
+
Yes, he got the year end discount !
Those who all booked the car in December got handsome discounts and freebies
Old 6th January 2010, 13:08   #1245
BHPian

Wishing all fellow Fiestans a great year ahead!

I just got back from Christmas/New year vacation. Added another 1900 kms to the ODO and as always, it was a pleasure driving.

I checked my mileage this time around and it was giving 17.5 constantly during my highway drives with 100% AC on with speeds varying from 90-130 kmph. (FYI, mine is a 1.4 ZXI) It used to give the same before the 1st service in November. I thought it will improve after the first service. Now the ODO reads 8000 kms and the second service is due in mid Feb. Any feedback on the current fuel efficiency? Should I specifically take this up with them during the next service?

Overall, the car is doing well with absolutely no rattles/wierd noice etc though I've noticed a change in the engine sound when I start in the morning, which I think is normal. Correct me if I'm wrong here.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks