Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2010, 12:56   #1216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
- White lamps or regular?
- What brand? Philips Xtreme Power? Osram Night vision? others?
I would stick to regular lamps if I were you. White lights on anything other than D segment cars look rather 'wannabe' to me. I have no clue about brands. What tint are you going in for?
Old 4th January 2010, 15:49   #1217
Senior - BHPian

Happy New Year to everyone !! Hope we have more and more Duratec engines roaring around us each day. I missed my fiesta bigtime while in Goa for 10 days. First thing I did after coming back was taking a ride for 30 mts. If it was not the flood affected bad roads, I would not have left this beauty back home.

Got a shock seeing another Morello waiting at my basement on return. This guy was highly taken up by my car, inspite of bangalore dealers not offering the Morello, he went all the way to chennai to take his colour choice without compromise. This is what I call 'die-hard' fans of a brand and colour !!

About the headlamp upgrade: I chose Philips (essential power) Philips Lighting India - EssentialPower This was available in 100/80, although I would prefer a 100/90 anytime, if available in any other brand. Silverstar also is a good brand, but getting fiesta specification is not an easy thing. Special lights like Xtreme power, Night vision etc are all marketing gimmicks, I myself have used the Crystal vision in my previous car and didnt improve my vision other than the classy white look in the night. Most of them are double the cost compared to Essential Power too. White lights in the rain will be a pain than a gain.

Last edited by shajufx : 4th January 2010 at 15:52.
Old 4th January 2010, 19:10   #1218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
@Kishore

What happened to the rubber burning smell in your car?
Did you check with the Ford service people - Hope now the problem is sorted out?
I didn't take it to the service centre. The smell isn't coming now and the jerk seems to have vanished with the right amount of revs.

Waiting for the car to cross 1000 Kms atleast to enjoy it the way it should be!
Old 4th January 2010, 19:13   #1219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
I didn't take it to the service centre. The smell isn't coming now and the jerk seems to have vanished with the right amount of revs.

Waiting for the car to cross 1000 Kms atleast to enjoy it the way it should be!
Wait for atleast 1500 kms on the odo if not more to enjoy the rev happy engine. would help in the long run....
Old 4th January 2010, 19:25   #1220
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsachin21 View Post
Wait for atleast 1500 kms on the odo if not more to enjoy the rev happy engine. would help in the long run....
This is what I hate about new cars, rule and regulations!
Old 4th January 2010, 19:58   #1221
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
I would stick to regular lamps if I were you. White lights on anything other than D segment cars look rather 'wannabe' to me. I have no clue about brands. What tint are you going in for?
I agree, and most of them are really bright and blinding.
However, I was just wondering if white lights had better visibility. However, Shaju's post below clarifies that white lights will be a pain when needed most in the rain.
Am thinking of getting regular bulbs put (or should I get 100/80W ones? - am tempted though they are an eyesore for other drivers. Maybe get those for the high beam - Is that possible?), and later get some nicer bulbs from the States if I find any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
About the headlamp upgrade: I chose Philips (essential power) Philips Lighting India - EssentialPower This was available in 100/80, although I would prefer a 100/90 anytime, if available in any other brand. Silverstar also is a good brand, but getting fiesta specification is not an easy thing. Special lights like Xtreme power, Night vision etc are all marketing gimmicks, I myself have used the Crystal vision in my previous car and didnt improve my vision other than the classy white look in the night. Most of them are double the cost compared to Essential Power too. White lights in the rain will be a pain than a gain.
Thanks guys
Old 4th January 2010, 20:56   #1222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Am thinking of getting regular bulbs put (or should I get 100/80W ones? - am tempted though they are an eyesore for other drivers.
Even a 55 watts stock bulb is an eyesore for others if you are driving on high beam. I use it with much concern for others, most of the time on low beam (80 watts) which meets all my city driving, highways are done on highbeam (100 watts) that raises our confidence level and not a trouble for anyone else. Also you can tone down the rash cabbies who never dip in the city. So, highbeam comes to life in the city, when I see someone coming towards me with the same. You bet, 99% of the time oncoming vehicle (exceptions are state/private buses and trucks who never bother anyway) will switch to low beam, allowing you to peacefully follow the suit.

Upgrade to 100/80, but level it considering the comfort of oncoming vehicles, you are safe and let others also be safe. Majority of the high beam drivers are doing it due to ignorance, a recent study somewhere proved it. Most such people have their lights always on high beam, not knowing what trouble they are causing to others.

Last edited by shajufx : 4th January 2010 at 20:58.
Old 4th January 2010, 23:04   #1223
BHPian

First Service - Ford Fiesta 1.4 ZXI

Got reminder call from dealer about first free service and booked time slot for the same.

As I was bit late (just 5min) so I thought that they will alot this slot to someone else but luckily that didn't happened.

I think they give car registration no. to there gate keeper to avoid delay and they direct you where to park your car so that it can be taken shop floor directly. After looking at his paper the gate keeper kept the box (labeled with some numbering) on bonnet which I think they use to keep tools.

Receptionist called the advisor to attend the car but he took 6 -8 min to come (this I was not expecting). After doing so much preparation in advance why can't they keep advisor ready?

Anyhow the advisor greeted nicely and did inspection of the car He suggested me to go for anti rust coating which I postponed it for next service (I spent vitamin M on ICE). I asked him to adjust ECU of car as tyres are upgraded and remove small scratches around.

He was skeptical about ECU adjustment but when I gave reference of other Ford dealer then he said he will check and for that he need more time so he suggested me to pick car @ 4.00pm.

I asked about oil change then the advisor said its recommended to change in 2nd servicing. Later @ 4.00pm advisor called to inform that they experiencing some issue with internet connection so he will do ECU upgrade next time and all off sudden while I was on call he said it seems internet started so he will download all data from Ford and feed it in car accordingly. (They were also doing ECU upgrade for the first time).

Before taking delivery I did the inspection of car and it was well attended and cleaned from outside BUT from inside they just cleaned with vacuum. I showed them marks which they should had cleaned before handing over the car. The advisor immediately called the person and got it cleaned.

Finally got bill with ZERO amount and filled customer feedback form. At the time of delivery another advisor came and he was not in favor of cleaning the car from inside and that compelled me to rate 'Car cleaning service' as poor even though later first advisor asked his people to clean car internally.

They didn't sprayed freshner and they kept clean paper only on driver side (I think it was cost saving )

After servicing the car is running more smooth and hope millage will increase.

Funny instance - While leaving the service center one advisor asked me 'Sir, you also have maruti car?' (He gave complete description of my last car). He said I was earlier working with Maruti dealer and i saw you there!

Last edited by kumar7 : 4th January 2010 at 23:11.
Old 5th January 2010, 09:45   #1224
Senior - BHPian

So seems the ex Maruti guy has got good memory power and identified you quickly and even giving the full description of your old car?. And now he has been taken by the Ford people !
Next time you may talk to him and ask him to attend your car.

1st Service of my car also completed on 31st December but I could not witness anything like you experienced because the workshop guy came to my home to pick up and drop back the car (it was the agreement when I booked the car with them).

The car was returned to me in the night around 2030hours and just checked around to see if all okay. However, when I checked the car first thing next day morning, I found that my original leather floor mat was missing (all four mats). Since rubber mat's were put on above leather mats, It went unnoticed by them also. However they brought it back next days with a 'sorry' (they took it out for washing but forgot to put it again).

All seems okay and I too got a ZERO Bill
Old 5th January 2010, 10:21   #1225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
This is what I hate about new cars, rule and regulations!
+
It is better for your car engine hence this kind of advise from the manufacturers. So control and be patient for some more time
Old 5th January 2010, 11:03   #1226
BHPian

@kumar7

In my personal experience, I have not come across a single workshop which delivers the car in complete perfect condition i.e. the way you want it to be completely clean all around and all jobs done to perfection. This experience includes a workshop directly owned, maintained and operated by a manufacturer in Delhi, to which I used to take my earlier car for servicing !!!!

Invariably, you would find that for the final touches you need to stand on their heads and get the things done to your satisfaction.

Last edited by gsachin21 : 5th January 2010 at 11:04. Reason: addition of few more words for clarity
Old 5th January 2010, 12:09   #1227
BHPian

I want some recommendations from other fiesta owners on how to maintain the interiors of my car. I know there is an informative thread (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...esthetics.html) on the site which I have already gone through. But I think it has too much data and too many advices which might or might not be applicable to the kind of interiors a Fiesta has. And hence the Question again.

Largely I have categorized 4 types of surfaces in a Fiesta SXI, and there might be a different cleaning technique for each of the surface. Please suggest me on your suggestions on what would be a good way to clean them.

Surfaces -
  1. The Leather upholstery - It generally gets those black smudges due to my nephew/niece kicking when they sit in the back seat. It also has patches which look soiled
  2. Black soft dashboard - How can i make this clean and shiny black.
  3. Beige Fiber panels - These too have black smudges due to shoes etc which are not easily removed by mild shampoo water (need some strong rubbing as the stains are sticking in the rough surface)
  4. Beige soft fiber cloth on the ceiling - This might have smudges near the rear speakers. (Nothing too prominent at the moment)
Not that the car is looking dirty but I would like to maintain it regularly. Recently I cleaned 1 and 3 from the above list with cotton cloth dipped in water containing a few drops of mild shampoo. This helped me clean 75% of the car while a few stubborn stains still remain.

I happened to purchase a cleaning spray for the interiors but this was useless and waste of money. I strongly suspect this was the cause of my allergic cough.

Last edited by Rastapopoulos : 5th January 2010 at 12:16.
Old 5th January 2010, 13:22   #1228
Senior - BHPian

@Rastapopoulos

Did you check with your dealer whether they have the facility for interior cleaning?
Incase you dont want the dealer to do this, there may be private car cleaning shopss around who usually do good job. Once in 3 or 4 months you can do the cleaning and your car will look very nice.
Old 5th January 2010, 15:07   #1229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
@Rastapopoulos

Did you check with your dealer whether they have the facility for interior cleaning?
Incase you dont want the dealer to do this, there may be private car cleaning shopss around who usually do good job. Once in 3 or 4 months you can do the cleaning and your car will look very nice.
No I have not checked it with the dealer but like others discussed in earlier servicein posts. The servicing did not cater to much attention on interior cleaning and maintainance.
Also I am not sure I would want to pay a huge sum for something which probably will take an hour of my holiday
Hope I am not sounding cheapo
Old 5th January 2010, 16:17   #1230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos View Post
No I have not checked it with the dealer but like others discussed in earlier servicein posts. The servicing did not cater to much attention on interior cleaning and maintainance.
Also I am not sure I would want to pay a huge sum for something which probably will take an hour of my holiday
Hope I am not sounding cheapo
+
Not at all, as far as you have time and source to do the work, it will be good for you as you can definitely save some hard earned money.
It never be termed as 'cheap' instead it will be a WISE decision
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks