Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2009, 00:04   #1141
Distinguished - BHPian

Only an ICON can stand next to a IKON
Attached Thumbnails
All Fiesta Owners - You are here-e.jpg  

Old 25th December 2009, 08:47   #1142
Senior - BHPian

I got the delivery of my Diamond White Fiesta SXI Yesterday.

I left office at 11:00 am and went straight to home, from there me and my wife left for the showroom in a taxi (so that we can drove the fiesta back)
When i went there,my fiesta was standing upfront in the showroom with the RTO number plate.

Salesguy greeted me and told me all the checkpoints and the documentation,
then i asked him to put the following accessories and he quoted me the prices as:

1. Mud flap and Ford Floor mat 1500
2. Boot mat 1300
3. Sports pedal kit 3000

OK, i got it then there itself and asked for the scuff plates to order,

he recommended System G for me which i will get it today.

then i went straight to Petrol pump got it filled and moved to Garware Sun film store,
Got a Icecool windShield for windscreen for me at 2000 (he quoted me 2800) and Icecool Grand for side glasses and rear screen at 5000 (he quoted 6275), the following discount is for corporate (he is a vendor of the company for which i work)

but due to time constraint, i asked him to put windshield only and get the rest done by sending up a guy at my place.

Then went to a sweet shop, and then to the temple where me and my wife had a small ritual and there we went straight to home.
got a ride to mom and dad, and it was terrific, great going. it was such a nice feeling in the fiesta, my mamaji came to meet me in hin new city VMT,
i can feel that the comfort level and looks of the fiesta is also incomparable with any of the cars.

Thanks Fiestians, now i am also a Fiestian

Will post the snaps soon.
Old 25th December 2009, 09:48   #1143
Senior - BHPian

Posting the snaps of my Fiesta
Attached Thumbnails
All Fiesta Owners - You are here-fiesta1.jpg  

All Fiesta Owners - You are here-fiesta2.jpg  

All Fiesta Owners - You are here-fiesta3.jpg  

All Fiesta Owners - You are here-fiesta4.jpg  

All Fiesta Owners - You are here-fiesta5.jpg  

Old 25th December 2009, 09:54   #1144
Senior - BHPian

@ruchirtnt

Congratulations becoming a Fiestan.
You can easily remember the delivery date i.e just a day before Christmas (or do we say Christmas eve?).
Now, you are getting a weekend to fly with your new Car for some destination-just to feel the car !
Cheers !
Old 25th December 2009, 10:11   #1145
Senior - BHPian

thanks nairrk,
it was a beautiful experience.
This forum was a pioneer for helping me to choose fiesta over city, sx4 and aveo.
thanks to you all. now i can easily see the benefits of my vehicle over others.
CHEERS TO ALL..............

I even got a sporty pedal kit which is looking superb, getting a ICECOOL Sunfilm today.

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 25th December 2009 at 10:15. Reason: correction
Old 25th December 2009, 11:54   #1146
Senior - BHPian

kiku, nice pics! Where were they taken? And you may want to remove the CF sticker at the back. It looks like an eyesore. Did you get a new bonnet yet?

ruchirtnt: Your car looks majestic dude. Post some more pics after the sun film is installed.

Last edited by Gilead : 25th December 2009 at 11:56.
Old 25th December 2009, 11:55   #1147
Senior - BHPian

Got the Sunfilm installed now, its an icecool only, thought of going for a Teflon cost as well.

Following is planned in the coming days to come:

1. Nokia FM Transmitter C300
2. Teflon Coating
3. Scuff Plates
4. Perfume Bottle

Last edited by Technocrat : 25th December 2009 at 21:12.
Old 25th December 2009, 14:46   #1148
BHPian

Congrats Ruchir. Hope you are enjoying the drive like all of us here, i know exactly how it feels for the first few days.

In regards to my visit at the dealers place to see the FORD guy, I was there with the FORD guy waiting with someone from their service center as well. They checked several things however without asking any issues from me. I did not have any issues whatsoever either so did not bother. It took like 30 mins for them after which they thanked and left.

I did speak to them about the missing AUX in port in SVP ZXI and how i can get an AUX in option in there. They told me there is no way to get that option in the stock player and if i really need it i need to change the player itself. I then spoke to the manager who was kind enough to check if its possible to improve quality using the FM modulator on my ZXI and then tried AUX in on one of the SXI they had. SXI AUX in worked like a charm and there is no comparision whatsoever with an FM modulator. The 4 of us then discussed if there is any way to port a AUX in port into the stock player and based on that conversation now i am sure its not a possibility. Interestingly dealer offered me Rs.5400/- for the stock player and even offered to change the stock player with a Kenwood one with all the options including AUX in as well as USB for Rs. 2300/-. This kenwood ICE sounded good too but certainly does not looks as good as the stock one. Stock player integrates very well with the dashboard. I have not decided as of now. An interesting observation that i made was FM modulator works a lot better if used with a USB drive, if used with AUX in port giving input through your mobile or ipod it goes bad.

I drove this baby for close to 150 kms yesterday on some bad roads and here is what i felt :

- Handling and control is excellent to say the least.
- Suspension is ok, not the best. I had driven a fairly new Swift Dzire (diesel) for over 500 kms before taking delivery of my ZXI and i found its suspension better on bad roads. Dzire seemed to move past bad patches with more ease.
- No idea about the FE yet but going for a full tank test so will post about the results later.
- Ride on better roads was excellent.
- Seats are very comfortable.
- Power delivery is very linear unlike Dzire.
- Braking is excellent too again unlike my Dzire experience but i guess its unfair to compare them as Dzire did not have ABS. But i am not sure if ABS makes any difference in regular braking or if it comes in play only when you brake really hard at high speeds.
Old 25th December 2009, 15:09   #1149
Senior - BHPian

@rouheet

Short and nice initial driving report.

ABS, supposed to work during emergency /sudden braking and supposed to hear a noice during such braking (but I doubt anyone can hear the sound in such condition/situation ?). But definitely the ABS is effective and good in such situation and you will find the difference (You will see the car stops on the dot without any slippery).

According to my dealer, the stock 2DIN system is of SANYO Brand and these are made for Fiesta- and if you had to change try for similar one which will fit in the place properly? If you have any intention to upgrade the ICE then try check with some shops outside(you will have various models to select) than the dealer?
Old 25th December 2009, 16:15   #1150
Distinguished - BHPian

@ Gilhead - I did not replace the bonnet. The dent is very minor and the Ikon also has it, so left it as it is.

Ya I should remove the CF sticker. I hate those Service Centre Stickers. Bad habit in India.

@ rouheet- ATTN PLS. I have a strong feeling that you are being taken for ride wrt to the Std Music Player can't play Aux. I remember sitting in the SVP car and checking the Music Player. It did have the Aux button and when selected it displayed Aux as well. The only thing missing was the Aux port. So pls take the car to a good ICE Installer and double check. I may be wrong but pls check with an expert.
Old 25th December 2009, 16:38   #1151
Senior - BHPian

You are correct Kishore, they just simply put stickers, without even asking the owners who pay good amount money for the car. In my last car, there was one sticker from the dealer where I bought the car. I gave the car for 3rd service to another dealer -here comes, he also put his sticker ! So, I removed both the sticker but there was some marking on the surface where the sticker was fixed.
Again during the next service, I forgot to inform them about this sticker issue,so again one more fresh sticker ? Removed it in from of the Service engineer..
Next time I instructed them not to do any sticker business.
Old 25th December 2009, 16:46   #1152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
@ Gilhead - I did not replace the bonnet. The dent is very minor and the Ikon also has it, so left it as it is.

Ya I should remove the CF sticker. I hate those Service Centre Stickers. Bad habit in India.

@ rouheet- ATTN PLS. I have a strong feeling that you are being taken for ride wrt to the Std Music Player can't play Aux. I remember sitting in the SVP car and checking the Music Player. It did have the Aux button and when selected it displayed Aux as well. The only thing missing was the Aux port. So pls take the car to a good ICE Installer and double check. I may be wrong but pls check with an expert.
I tried to play my IPOD with the local aux in lead, but the sound was not quite good, can it be a aux in lead issue or may be a trouble with my aux in of car?
Old 25th December 2009, 17:48   #1153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
@rouheet

Short and nice initial driving report.

According to my dealer, the stock 2DIN system is of SANYO Brand and these are made for Fiesta- and if you had to change try for similar one which will fit in the place properly? If you have any intention to upgrade the ICE then try check with some shops outside(you will have various models to select) than the dealer?
Thanks for telling the brand Nairji. I do not intend to upgrade the ICE through my dealer either unless he offers the brand i choose at a price which i am getting outside. As i had mentioned he is willing to take the stock ICE for Rs.5400/- even if i am not buying the new ICE from him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
@kiku007 you are correct that SVP car's ICE does have a AUX option however the only problem is missing port. What my dealer told me was that he had several requests for getting AUX in port and because of that they did try and see if they were able to get a AUX IN port connected, but that did not work for them. Anyways, i certainly will get it checked somewhere outside before taking any decision.

Sometimes i wonder how much FORD would have saved by removing this very small but a very important option. It would have worked a lot better if they had kept this feature and charged a few bucks more. I am very sure almost every SVP buyer would have paid some extra bucks to get that option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
I tried to play my IPOD with the local aux in lead, but the sound was not quite good, can it be a aux in lead issue or may be a trouble with my aux in of car?
Ruchir, change your stereo in cable. I found the same problem when i was testing the stock ICE on an SXI at dealers place. Dealer's IPOD did not sound that well but it was sounding just fine with my SE phone with a different cable. So i guess you should try it out with a different cable and see if it makes any difference as i don't think an IPOD could sound that bad. Infact dealer's IPOD was sounding low on a Kenwood ICE we tested unlike my phone which sounded loud and clear.
Old 25th December 2009, 23:00   #1154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouheet View Post

Sometimes i wonder how much FORD would have saved by removing this very small but a very important option. It would have worked a lot better if they had kept this feature and charged a few bucks more. I am very sure almost every SVP buyer would have paid some extra bucks to get that option.
Wonder how many ppl might have opted to replace their whole Stock Music Player Unit for a new one? Isn't tht a business opportunity

I was shocked at that ommision+grey leather interiors. We can never read thier minds. Got the car in a good deal, now enjoy
Old 26th December 2009, 10:08   #1155
Senior - BHPian

@rouheet

imo, do not sell the stock HU to the dealer at Rs.5400 (definitely it will be worth more otherwise he would not have given this offer to you). Also changing the HU will not make much of a difference unless you upgrade total ICE (like @frankmehta or @shajufx !). Your only problem is the missing Aux port for which you see if anything can be done?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks