Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2009, 15:38   #1021
BHPian

Yes I agree with SanjayC the wiper washing liquid had empitied in just two press of the switch, secondly the bonnet lock is junk
Old 19th December 2009, 15:40   #1022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
I have booked a White SXI on 5th december and he has given me a approx date around 30th december, mine is a special billing case and as per him this case will take some more time than usual,

i have almost 85% of the amount, rest 15% i have hold just for the satisfaction purpose otherwise not an issue to pay the rest as well
+
Did you pay 85% of the amount on booking?
thats a big amount to pay as Advance

I paid only Rs.50k on booking (dealer too asked this amount ),
Once I came to know the car is on way to the showroom, I paid balance amount and took delivery of the car in couple of days.
Old 19th December 2009, 15:47   #1023
BHPian

For Fiesta, booking amount in 25K and Endeavour it is 50K..my dealer also asked for 50K but when I pointed about the amount as above at the back of the Order Form, 25K was accepted. Rest of the amount was only paid when the vehicle arrived and ready for regn.

Ruchir, 30th Dec if it has been told, there should not be any reason for concern..more 2 weeks to go. I don't think dealer is deliberately delaying becos of 15% pending. Why don't you check with the dealer if any ready stock is avlbl which can be given to you? Color option though might not be of your choice.
Old 19th December 2009, 15:52   #1024
Senior - BHPian

White and Black are the colours normally available on ready stock with most of the
dealers. Other colours normally take little extra time(depends on the demand).
Sometime, the dealer may try his maximum to sell whatever colour he has,
before bringing in the new colour / cars!

Last edited by nairrk : 19th December 2009 at 15:53. Reason: correction
Old 19th December 2009, 15:53   #1025
BHPian

Ok..the guys came and did something. Now the issue is resolved. But, earlier the bonnet was getting locked if dropped from a height of appx half feet...now it requires a drop from double that distance. Some crap regarding lubrication has been offered to me as the reason. Could not see what they did since I was away and since the bonnet was already open, they did not require the key. My watchman though was present.

The guys were from Chennai Ford only and they made me sign a service report..the wordings were such that I have a suspicion they are going to charge Ford for this..though no parts are replaced.

Am satisfied for the time being though about the response and promptness.
Old 19th December 2009, 17:44   #1026
Senior - BHPian

@sanjayc

You signed service report ? - whatever you sign, you should also try to get a copy of it. What will happen if it was written that the fault was from your side?
Normally they bring more copies of such reports and one copy they give to the car owner - I think this is the practise
Old 19th December 2009, 17:56   #1027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
@sanjayc

You signed service report ? - whatever you sign, you should also try to get a copy of it. What will happen if it was written that the fault was from your side?
Normally they bring more copies of such reports and one copy they give to the car owner - I think this is the practise
It was basically a Break Down Memo (in triplicate, not the 3 mths/5K Kms service reports)..and yes I got a white part of the triplicate

Well..I suppose they cannot be so blatant, or are they?
Old 19th December 2009, 21:14   #1028
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
White and Black are the colours normally available on ready stock with most of the
dealers. Other colours normally take little extra time(depends on the demand).
Sometime, the dealer may try his maximum to sell whatever colour he has,
before bringing in the new colour / cars!
In my case its white which is a matter of concern, only a single white sxi petrol available as per the dealer.
i have the amount because mine is a special billing case and ford is giving a huge discount as for corporate, so the dealer wants the complete money as he will not earn anything from me {as per him}
Old 19th December 2009, 21:38   #1029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
In my case its white which is a matter of concern, only a single white sxi petrol available as per the dealer.
i have the amount because mine is a special billing case and ford is giving a huge discount as for corporate, so the dealer wants the complete money as he will not earn anything from me {as per him}
Ruchir, not able to get what is the issue then..if a white sxi is already avlbl, which you also want..what is stopping you paying the 15% balance and taking it home?
Old 20th December 2009, 01:34   #1030
Senior - BHPian

The stock has yet not sent from the plant, this is the issue.

Not a problem, will wait for my fiesta, anyway today i have finalized the sunfilm for my fiesta
for side and back glasses it will be Garware Icecool Grand40 cost 6200
And for windscreen it will be Garware Icecool Shield cost 2800
Old 20th December 2009, 18:07   #1031
Senior - BHPian

Got a call from dealer, he told my vehicle is in transit,
now about the accessories part, he is quoting 3200 for sports pedal kit and 10500 for spoiler, he is doing spoilsport, in that case can i order the same from ford directly
Old 20th December 2009, 18:50   #1032
BHPian

Congrats Ruchir! Told you so!

Sports Pedal here in Chennai is costing some 2600+VAT of 12.5% I think. So 3200/- including tax should not be much of an issue. However, personally, I have removed the sports pedal for the time being (it was not fit properly and the clutch pedal came out..will get it fixed later on).

Spoiler again costs 10000/- +tax.. here at both the dealers for the normal model and 12000/- for the Sports model.

Guys..a little help.

Am finding it a little difficult to accelerate/pickup in 1st/2nd gear..maybe will take sometime in getting used to it or it may be my Ikon hangover. Basically, I thought, with Fiesta, from a red light, I will be first one to vroom ahead.

The way currently I am doing it is for starting from standstill ,

a)slot into 1st gear and slowly release the clutch

b)as soon as the car slightly moves ahread, press the accelerator pedal till it goes to 1.5K rpm

c) now slot into 2nd gear, slowly release the clutch, simultaneously pressing the accelerator

d) slot into 3rd gear when the rpm touches 1.8-2.0K in 2nd gear

My issue is it takes ages to reach stage (d) - by the time all vehicles have zoomed past. Once it is 3rd gear, it is a dream, but by then the next signal has come.

Will appreciate if someone can explain what am I doing wrong here?

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd December 2009 at 20:18.
Old 20th December 2009, 19:25   #1033
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Guys..a little help.

Am finding it a little difficult to accelerate/pickup in 1st/2nd gear..maybe will take sometime in getting used to it or it may be my Ikon hangover. Basically, I thought, with Fiesta, from a red light, I will be first one to vroom ahead.

The way currently I am doing it is for starting from standstill ,

a)slot into 1st gear and slowly release the clutch ...
If you were using an Ikon 1.6 previously then let me tell you that you are still used to the torque of the Ikon where the sweet spot starts almost from 1200+ RPMs.

The sweet spot in the Fiesta starts from 2000+RPM.

Its a matter of getting used to it mate.
Old 20th December 2009, 22:22   #1034
BHPian

Hi guys! My daughter has come home from university and wants to know if she can play the songs on her pen-drive through the Fiesta music system.
Do I need to buy a cable and connect one end to the pen-drive and the other to the aux-in? Where can I get such a cable and how much is it going to cost?
Sorry if this is a stupid question.
Old 20th December 2009, 23:24   #1035
BHPian

I remember Rajeshvin tried using a cable to connect USB but he mentioned it didn't worked however you can connect iPOD to Aux-in port through a cable which should not cost you more than Rs 100/-
Closed Thread

Most Viewed